IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 7 2013, 08:09 PM   #436
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Re: Warehouse 13 Season 4 (discussion, spoilers)

JD wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
It was guest star heaven, since even Leena and MacPherson had roles!

What made me laugh was when Pete asked "Spike" if he was a vampire and he said no... then "Spike" suggested only preadolescent girls were interested in Vampires which made Pete whisper HIS own fasciantion with them.

So, since Charlotte was once his wife, does that mean she's 500 years old too?
Didn't she make a comment at the end that implied that she also knew Marie Antoinette?
I took that to mean she might BE Marie Antoinette, but I may be reading too much into it.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2013, 10:39 PM   #437
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

We'll see if she let's anybody eat cake.

Last night was good, focusing not only on Artie's journey, but also on Claudia's. The artifact adventure dovetailed nicely with her situation, and her touching moment with Artie was perfect-- "That's all." And Artie is slowly getting there. But, I wonder, since the Warehouse has its own on-call physician, don't they have an on-call shrink?

Everybody else was in good form, with Myka pestering Artie for his own good, Steve getting to put his inner calm to good use and Pete showing off his knowledge of Yogi Bear, Metallica and Thoreau.
Old May 7 2013, 11:52 PM   #438
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Last night was "fun", but how does the Warehouse/Secret Service explain away all the damage that maniac caused? How come there isn't an "artifact" related court/prison system to sequester these guys?
Old May 8 2013, 05:22 AM   #439
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

^They always do skip over that bit.

Maybe they all look into a pen with a flashing red light thingy.
Old May 8 2013, 05:40 AM   #440
JD
Admiral

I really enjoyed this episode. We got a fun snag/tag/bag of the week, and we got some good stuff dealing with the fallout of the events of the last couple episodes.
According to an interview the showrunner, Jack Kenny, did with Blastr, Kelly Hu will be coming in as a new character named Abigail Cho who he describes as Mrs. Frederic's protege. He also said that James Marsters and Polly Walker will be recurring throughout the season and that we'll also be getting Anthony Head
in the last 3 episodes.
Old May 8 2013, 06:32 AM   #441
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

The last episode was okay. The artifact of the week was a little thin, but the Artie story was nicely done. That last moment with Claudia was great.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2013, 02:57 PM   #442
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
According to an interview the showrunner, Jack Kenny, did with Blastr, Kelly Hu will be coming in as a new character named Abigail Cho who he describes as Mrs. Frederic's protege. He also said that James Marsters and Polly Walker will be recurring throughout the season and that we'll also be getting Anthony Head
in the last 3 episodes.

Kewl!
Old May 8 2013, 09:16 PM   #443
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Did I get this wrong? I thought Mrs. Frederick's life was tied to the Warehouse and Claudia was supposed to be next in line? So how is Kelly Hu her "protege"? Well, I guess we'll find out...
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2013, 09:42 PM   #444
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

Maybe she's her protege, in that she was grooming her for the job but she's not as suited as Claudia is, and is in fact more in tune with Lena's role. We shall see.
Old May 8 2013, 10:21 PM   #445
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Maybe Mrs Frederick has a bunch of proteges. It would be wise for her not to put all her eggs in one basket, as Leena's death demonstrates.
Old May 8 2013, 10:46 PM   #446
Pavonis
Commodore

Maybe I missed it in the last thirty pages, but why can't the Metronome be used to resurrect Leena? It worked for Jinks; why not Leena?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2013, 11:37 PM   #447
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

^^ I think it was busted to heck at Jinks' family home.
Old May 9 2013, 02:21 AM   #448
JD
Admiral

Oh, I forgot about that. But now that you mention I'm pretty sure it did get smashed up when they broke the connection to Jinks.
Old May 9 2013, 02:34 AM   #449
Pavonis
Commodore

OK, I had forgotten the metronome was destroyed. And yet, there must be other artifacts that can resurrect people. Why raise Jinks from the dead, but not Leena?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 05:34 AM   #450
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

Because most of the artifacts have horrible side effects. Just look at what happened to Artie. Besides, Warehouse agents are generally not supposed to use artifacts for their own personal purposes. If it was that easy to bring someone back, lots of agents & regents would have never died, and the show would be pretty dull, as there would no element of danger at all.

It's good that Lena died and Artie and the others have to deal with it. It only makes sense, not to mention makes for better storytelling.