Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 14 2012, 04:25 AM   #151
JD
Admiral

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Yeah, they've gone pretty far in this with the darkness and violence. I've been shocked just how far they've gone at times.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 05:27 AM   #152
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

I wonder how and when will the Kira's regain the throne of Onderon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/House_of_Kira
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 07:48 AM   #153
WalkinMan
Commodore

Just wondering if anyone else has this concern, after searching a bit...seems that episode trailers are no longer a regular thing on Clone Wars? In the last season, around the time of the Krell storyline, they stopped the longtime practice of showing a trailer of next week's action at the end of the episode, and kept repeating the same preview for that arc. Then, Cartoon Network stopped showing any kind of preview for the next episodes, and started promoting other shows instead.

This season, at the end of "War on Two Fronts", again there was no episode preview. StarWars.com and the Cartoon Network site posts brief single-scene clips, but it isn't the same as a nice episode trailer. It helps to see the points of interest for the next installment.

On other networks, the absence of an episode trailer typically means that next week is a repeat or a preemption. Strange how they don't bother to entice viewers to return next week, and not give an inkling of what's happening next.
WalkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 02:45 PM   #154
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

^Walkingman, CN is having...issues...right now.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 07:07 PM   #155
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Looks like the writers decided to end the love quadrangle George Lucas way...make two of the characters brother and sister. Kind of funny.

Good episode. The animation continues to be amazing from the long-sweeping shots from one location of the city to another and the night animation. I liked the Anakin/Ahsoka interaction a lot, despite Anakin's hypocracy about putting purpose over emotions.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 06:48 PM   #156
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Interesting direction they're taking this season with a more drawn out, less epic storyline with only peripheral Jedi involvement. So far it's kept me interested and should make it pop when they get back to the usual shenanigans but I could see people not caring for it.

The Star Wars guillotine is pretty wicked. I liked that royal droid as well (did he have a name/designation?).
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 08:36 PM   #157
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

WalkinMan wrote: View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has this concern, after searching a bit...seems that episode trailers are no longer a regular thing on Clone Wars? In the last season, around the time of the Krell storyline, they stopped the longtime practice of showing a trailer of next week's action at the end of the episode, and kept repeating the same preview for that arc. Then, Cartoon Network stopped showing any kind of preview for the next episodes, and started promoting other shows instead.

This season, at the end of "War on Two Fronts", again there was no episode preview. StarWars.com and the Cartoon Network site posts brief single-scene clips, but it isn't the same as a nice episode trailer. It helps to see the points of interest for the next installment.

On other networks, the absence of an episode trailer typically means that next week is a repeat or a preemption. Strange how they don't bother to entice viewers to return next week, and not give an inkling of what's happening next.
They're telling people to go online at their site to see the trailers instead. Personally, I never do.
Old October 21 2012, 06:33 PM   #158
billcosby
Commodore

I miss the standalones. The problem with these arcs is that if the premise is flawed, you're stuck with it (I'm looking at you, Mortis trilogy)
These characters are boring. I'm not into them. And it's continuing next week? 5 eps in a row? Is the whole season five going to be set on this planet with these whiny, lifeless characters?

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 06:37 PM   #159
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

CandyCornCosby wrote: View Post
I miss the standalones. The problem with these arcs is that if the premise is flawed, you're stuck with it (I'm looking at you, Mortis trilogy)
These characters are boring. I'm not into them. And it's continuing next week? 5 eps in a row? Is the whole season five going to be set on this planet with these whiny, lifeless characters?
Can't we get back to the usual whiny characters?

j/k couldn't resist...
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 06:54 PM   #160
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

I think Mortis by itself is not so much of a problem, but the direction the EU seems to be going with it might be trouble.
Old October 21 2012, 08:10 PM   #161
DarKush
Rear Admiral

This current storyline is just okay. I wish they had wrapped it up in the third episode. It's really drawing things out a bit too much for my taste. Though the positives are Ashoka getting some screen time (even if Lux Bonteri is dull) and I do like that they've decided to make Steela and her brother people of color. Too many of the ancillary Clone Wars human or near human characters are lacking in the melanin department.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 08:27 PM   #162
Mr Light
Admiral

I like the premise but I agree this is running for too many episodes. It felt like this episode was the ending, everything was wrapped up, but then at they say "oh no now the Seperatists are going to invade!". Oy.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 09:31 PM   #163
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

this arc is continuing? Wow. I assumed after this week's episode it seemed like it reached a conclusion and was going to leave Asoka there and we'd come back after a arc or two and some standalones. I've enjoyed it but I'd rather move on to something else at the moment.
Old October 21 2012, 11:20 PM   #164
JD
Admiral

I've enjoyed the arc overall, but I do have to agree that they should have just ended it with this one. The last couple scenes before the very last one would have worked perfectly fine as a conclusion to the whole arc IMO.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 03:58 AM   #165
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Just my own theory at the moment, but I think this whole arc is setting up why Ahsoka will be gone by the time of Episode III.