Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 7 2012, 05:00 PM   #136
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

I really liked the Vietnam metaphor and the moral debate of over being "advisers" to rebels.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2012, 02:24 AM   #137
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I wonder if this episode plays into the formation of the Rebel Alliance between ROTS and ANH.
Old October 8 2012, 05:19 AM   #138
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I wonder if this episode plays into the formation of the Rebel Alliance between ROTS and ANH.
I strongly suspect it does. Surely the writers were savvy enough to know that anytime their characters referred to "Rebels", the audience would be predisposed to think "Alliance".
Old October 8 2012, 09:57 PM   #139
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Has there been anything said in the show about whether or not the clones know that Palpatine is plotting to kill all the Jedi? Some of the lesser canon sources seem to indicate that they knew or suspected that sooner or later they'd be called upon to off their Generals.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2012, 11:37 PM   #140
Stephen!
Captain

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Has there been anything said in the show about whether or not the clones know that Palpatine is plotting to kill all the Jedi? Some of the lesser canon sources seem to indicate that they knew or suspected that sooner or later they'd be called upon to off their Generals.
According to an interview with Dave Filoni, Order 66 will be explored at some point during the series.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s..._66_143192.asp

While discussing the four-part General Pong Krell story arc ("Darkness on Umbara", "The General", "Plan of Dissent", and "Carnage of Krell"), Filoni responded to a question about Order 66 by promising that the show would address this mysterious directive. "Order 66 and how it works, why it works, how it all goes down...I don't wanna say too much about that, except that before we're finished with this show, you will understand it a lot better than you do after Revenge of the Sith, because we have the time to get into things like that. ... It has been thoroughly figured out. It's something we've discussed with George."

Regarding the series' depiction of Sidious, Filoni said, "You'll see a little bit more of Sidious, 'cause we start to deal with bigger issues, we start to answer a lot of the kind of bigger questions, and he's kind of forced to take a more active role. Things don't go as smoothly as some people are led to believe for him. It's not like he just wants these things to happen and he calls Order 66 and it works out perfectly for him. He has to actually maneuver and play the chess game to stay ahead of the Jedi." Filoni clarified that this material wouldn't be coming until next season at the earliest, but he said that "maybe at Celebration VI" he'd preview it. "I am going to do my best at Celebration VI to have some ridiculous footage to show," he added.
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2012, 11:17 AM   #141
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

I am really curious how they will play it. I always imagined the message sent during a dark side ritual in which Palps sacrifices Dooku's dark side adepts.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2012, 07:49 PM   #142
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Some of the lesser canon sources seem to indicate that they knew or suspected that sooner or later they'd be called upon to off their Generals.
In Dark Lord, there are some rank-and-file clones who never heard of the order, but the clone commander knows about it.
Old October 10 2012, 12:47 AM   #143
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Conscious Circuits wrote: View Post
I strongly suspect it does. Surely the writers were savvy enough to know that anytime their characters referred to "Rebels", the audience would be predisposed to think "Alliance".
I find it ironic that seeing as this whole thing was Anakin's idea that the Rebel Alliance may gotten a kick start from Darth Vader.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2012, 02:46 AM   #144
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

There is nothing new about this, there were plenty of guerilla movements trought SW history.
Old October 11 2012, 01:17 AM   #145
JD
Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Conscious Circuits wrote: View Post
I find it ironic that seeing as this whole thing was Anakin's idea that the Rebel Alliance may gotten a kick start from Darth Vader.
Actually, it was according to The Force Unleashed.
Old October 13 2012, 12:03 PM   #146
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I really liked the Vietnam metaphor and the moral debate of over being "advisers" to rebels.
To name but one time something like that has occured.

Personally I thought it was more a metaphor for more recent conflicts. Especially with the mention of insurgencies and terrorist acts.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2012, 01:28 PM   #147
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

To be fair the onderonians seem nicer then afghan warlords.
Old October 14 2012, 12:17 AM   #148
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
Wouldn't know, I never met any.

But since this is basically a kids' show, I'd be surprised if an animated warlord baddie would be portrayed even as remotely cruel and psychotic as some of the real life scumbags.
Old October 14 2012, 01:33 AM   #149
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Having these violent activites take place in an urban environment is a bit unsettling, it feels more real than the usual Jedi shenanigans. Battle droids helps to mitigate it but it seems a bit darker than chasing General Grievous around some freighter.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 02:38 AM   #150
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
Wouldn't know, I never met any.

But since this is basically a kids' show, I'd be surprised if an animated warlord baddie would be portrayed even as remotely cruel and psychotic as some of the real life scumbags.
Well, if you'll think back, in season four's Slaves of the Republic, Agruss executed prisoners in front of Obi-Wan and Rex, just as a demonstration and lesson not to disobey.