Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 21 2013, 07:56 AM   #106
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Too bad we'll never see an evil Airbender!

I always thought Earthbenders were the most dangerous powerset. I'd like to see an Earthbender villain.
The world just seems so much smaller in LoK than it did in A:TLA. I miss all the traveling they did on Appa!
Old September 21 2013, 01:10 PM   #107
Mr Light
Admiral

I'm just glad Season Two isn't taking place in Republic City again.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 01:50 PM   #108
Christopher
Writer

I always thought Earthbenders were the most dangerous powerset. I'd like to see an Earthbender villain.
You mean, in this show? We've had one major Earthbender villain before, Long Feng.

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
...Aang had a responsibility to the world to repopulate it with airbenders...
heh heh!

Did Katara buy that excuse?
Come to think of it, that's a good point. If the only way to restore the airbender population was through procreation, then Aang should've put conventional ideas of marital fidelity aside and had a whole gaggle of wives/concubines. Although that would never have gotten past Nickelodeon's censors.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 03:30 PM   #109
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

2X3 Another solid episode that I was totally engrossed in. They really improved on the first season (which I still enjoyed!). Gone are the endless pro-bending competitions!
Hey.. i loved the pro bending scenes. Awesome and unique sport. I wish there was a top of the line video game like that!

As to the episode or S2 in general.. i wish that the uncle or rather his storyline takes a twist sometime because as it seems now it's very obvious and predictable which makes the whole main plot very boring.

S1 Amon was interesting and cool to watch but so far the plotlines in season 2 disappoint.

I hope it picks up and surprises us because everything else is quite good (i love the animation, design and colors in this show).
Old September 21 2013, 04:35 PM   #110
Mr Light
Admiral

I sincerely doubt that the season is primarily about the uncle whose name I shall eventually learn, it'll be more about the spirits...

Old September 21 2013, 05:13 PM   #111
JD
Admiral

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
2X3 Another solid episode that I was totally engrossed in. They really improved on the first season (which I still enjoyed!). Gone are the endless pro-bending competitions!
Hey.. i loved the pro bending scenes. Awesome and unique sport. I wish there was a top of the line video game like that!

Same here. I thought the Pro-Bending was cool.
I would also kill for a good video game in the Avatar universe.

Does anyone know why they don't appear to have the first season DVD/Blu-Rays of TLoK on Netflix. I tried searching Legend of Korra, Korra, and Avatar: Legend of Korra and the closes thing it game was Legend of the Seeker. I find it hard to believe they don't have a show this popular there at all. I could it not streaming, but it seems really weird that they don't even have the disc sets.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 05:20 PM   #112
Mr Light
Admiral

They don't have original Avatar, either. Do they have any Nickelodeon shows?

Old September 21 2013, 05:25 PM   #113
Christopher
Writer

^Netflix does have Avatar: The Last Airbender on DVD:

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Avatar-...ender/70142405

Old September 21 2013, 05:57 PM   #114
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

Amazon Instant Video has both ATLA and LoK.
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 06:10 PM   #115
Skywalker
Admiral

They don't have original Avatar, either. Do they have any Nickelodeon shows?
I think Netflix recently dropped all Nickelodeon programming from their streaming service. I don't know why, exactly. Maybe the deal expired and they decided not to continue it.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 08:33 PM   #116
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I enjoyed season 1 but it does take place too much in a very small area and I feel could have used another episode during the invasion.

The shows aren't the same, which is good, but I really miss the sense of exploration we had with TLA. I hope that with the next seasons we get a more worldy issue than a Republic City issue, and then a water bender civil war issue.
Old September 22 2013, 05:29 AM   #117
JD
Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
^Netflix does have Avatar: The Last Airbender on DVD:

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Avatar-...ender/70142405
Which is why it seems so weird to me that they don't have anything for Korra. Usually if they don't have something that is out they'll have a page for it with an option to "save" it instead of adding it to your queue, but they don't have that for Korra. It's one of the only things that is available that I've come across that doesn't have any kind of page.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2013, 05:52 AM   #118
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

A pretty interesting episode, and I'm really enjoying the political stuff and the focus on the Water Tribes. The revelation about Aang's parenting was disappointing but also not surprising - it makes plenty of sense and shows that best intentions can be harmful too. I wasn't sure about having Bumi and Kya around, but am liking them now. The "teleporting between North and South Poles" sounds a bit weird I agree, but it could also explain why the breakaway Tribe from the North ended up so far South without, you know... stopping somewhere closer along the way.

I'm finding Bolin and Eska to be very "meh." Which is sad, I like Aubrey Plaza and I feel like Eska and Denza could be fun... but not like this. Missing Asami.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see outright rebellion, especially with Unalaq's massive (guess here) overreach in arresting Tonraq and Senna. Really my only complaint about this political storyline is that they're making Korra kind of... dumb, if you ask me. She just dealt with a corrupt Water Tribe official misusing his authority last season, and now she's not even seriously protesting Unalaq here? I mean... "Oh Korra, we need the troops to protect the Southern Portal, which is why they clearly need to be preventing outgoing shipping and we need a military presence patrolling the streets and ordering Southern Tribesmen to stay in their homes." Seriously? That doesn't even make sense with Unalaq's stated reason for having soldiers at the South Pole. It's like he's trying to goad them into a rebellion so he'll have an excuse to take more control, and Korra for some reason can't see it.

I feel like this whole post is complaining, and I don't mean it to be that way. Definitely enjoying the show and excited to see where it goes.
Old September 22 2013, 01:39 PM   #119
Christopher
Writer

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Really my only complaint about this political storyline is that they're making Korra kind of... dumb, if you ask me. She just dealt with a corrupt Water Tribe official misusing his authority last season, and now she's not even seriously protesting Unalaq here?
He's her uncle. Family changes things.

Old September 22 2013, 05:05 PM   #120
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

My family is crazy, if they started a civil war I'd pick the right side (IMO obviously) and then take out the family member, screw that we share some DNA.