Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 16 2012, 09:42 PM   #601
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

It certainly seems to be the case, but there is nothing saying that Carl didn't miss when he shot her. As someone else said, he could have closed his eyes, pulled the trigger and ended up just grazing her.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 11:00 PM   #602
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Right, that was me.

Look, the odds are that she really is dead. It's just that there's always the possibility they're pulling a fast one on us like they did with Katee Sackhoff on BSG.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 11:49 PM   #603
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

this isn't a show with a whole lot of happy surprises. I'd be surprised if carol is alive.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 12:02 AM   #604
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

Ya Lori snuffed it and became a zombie's last meal. What a way to go.
Old November 17 2012, 02:13 AM   #605
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Right, that was me.

Look, the odds are that she really is dead. It's just that there's always the possibility they're pulling a fast one on us like they did with Katee Sackhoff on BSG.
In any other show I might agree with you, but with this one it seems whatever happens sticks, no resets.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 02:21 AM   #606
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

wissaboo wrote: View Post
this isn't a show with a whole lot of happy surprises. I'd be surprised if carol is alive.
Me, too. But I still kinda hope she is, if for no other reason than I'd like to see Daryl's reaction.
Old November 17 2012, 02:28 AM   #607
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Right, that was me.

They already did that with Herschel (Dying and then coming back to life), and they can still legitimately do that with Carol (Find her alive since all we have from her "death" is the headscarf). No reason to do that with Lori, after we saw her bleed out and we've been told she was shot, that would be a cheat, and bring in elements closer to magic, LOST could do that, but, Walking Dead isn't that kind of show.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 02:40 AM   #608
the G-man
Commodore

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
It certainly seems to be the case, but there is nothing saying that Carl didn't miss when he shot her. As someone else said, he could have closed his eyes, pulled the trigger and ended up just grazing her.
Oh, for the love of God...

Kirkman has said she's dead. Executive Producer Greg Nicotero (who directed the last episode) has said she's dead.

SHE'S DEAD. SHE WAS KILLED BY CARL AND HER REMAINS WERE EATEN BY THAT ZOMBIE.
SHE'S NOT JUST RESTING.
SHE IS NOT STUNNED.
SHE'S NOT JUST PINING FOR THE FIORD.
SHE IS DECEASED!!!!!

Lori Grimes the character has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! She's a stiff! Bereft of life, she rests in peace! Pushing up the daisies! Her metabolic processes are now history! She's off the twig! She's kicked the bucket, she's shuffled off 'her mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Geezus.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 03:09 AM   #609
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

So, what you're saying is, "She fucking snuffed it?"
Old November 17 2012, 03:30 AM   #610
the G-man
Commodore

She's dead, Jim.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 03:50 AM   #611
Kegg
Rear Admiral

wissaboo wrote: View Post
I'd be surprised if she wasn't.

The series never showed us a body or a death scene (while Lori's death happened explicitly off-screen, all we get with Carol is she runs off and leaves a scarf behind).

And the series has been quite willing to bring back characters who simply might have died - this season alone both Merle Dixon and that prisoner who ran into a field of zombies.

I've seen online theories that Carol may have been abducted by whoever was watching her attempt a Cesarian section on a walker back in the second episode (one camera angle implied it was the POV of someone hiding in the bushes). Given she hasn't shown up this seems a plausible way out.

Mojochi wrote: View Post
The irony is that Norman Reedus' most notable role prior to being on The Walking Dead was playing an Irishman in The Boondock Saints
Thought it was an Irish-American, but I never did see those movies.
Old November 17 2012, 03:56 AM   #612
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

There was no grand emotion in Lori's death scene. It wasn't worthwhile or powerful or meaningful. It was a telegraphed, perfunctory, and mean-spirited way to "punish the character for her sins." The shock wasn't what happened but that the characters didn't even make a pretense of trying to save her and the writers went with such a cliche death (and of course Carl "had to be the one to do it," he's gotta be a man after all) when they had a much more shocking death - in terms of unexpectedness - in the source material.

Rick's reaction was perfectly acted and his part in this last episode was great (yay Andrew Lincoln!), so hopefully it'll lead somewhere interesting considering the phonecall -
. But I'm just going to try and forget the (living) tv version of Lori Grimes ever existed no matter how much I think Sarah Wayne Callis did great with what she was given.

Meanwhile this last episode was really good! Andrea might finally - finally! - be coming around, but I've said that before. I'd forgotten the Woodbury games, and I'm glad they brought them in, it so perfectly captures what's wrong at the heart of Woodbury beyond simply what we know about the Governor. Glad to see Michonne get more to do, and it looks like next episode she'll be stumbling upon the prison!

Daryl was awesome of course, as I said. One thing that was interesting thinking about it was him directing Beth to keep an eye on Carl - more and more, he's taking a leadership role. Still wondering about Axel.
Old November 17 2012, 04:41 AM   #613
JD
Admiral

I think I read in an interview that Daryl is becoming Rick's right hand man and will be taking more of an active leadership role as the season goes on.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 10:56 AM   #614
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I don't think Carol is dead. Not sure about the abduction theory, though-- I was assuming that the lurker was the escaped prisoner.
Old November 17 2012, 12:39 PM   #615
Kegg
Rear Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I don't think Carol is dead. Not sure about the abduction theory, though-- I was assuming that the lurker was the escaped prisoner.
Not possible. All five of the prisoners were with Rick and company killing walkers when Carol was doing her Caesarian.

So whoever was watching her that one time, it's not anyone we know at the prison.