Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 6 2012, 12:43 PM   #466
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Wow that was epic, went by so fast! Almost seems like a season finale rather than a 4th episode. It's a shame T-Dog died, he seemed to be getting more lines recently.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 02:24 PM   #467
throwback
Captain

In a sneak clip, seen on Talking Walking Dead, Ms. M- has her sword back and threatens the governor with it.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 03:21 PM   #468
Kosh Naranek
Captain

That episode was brutal. I was so tense.

Lori's ending was just wow. She sacrificed herself to save the tot. Her goodbye with Carl really got me.

Why did Maggie not give Carl the tot and check Lori's vitals and shoot her? Granted cutting a person open must have been mind blowing even after all they have been through, but, don't leave the woman's kid to dispatch her.

I just have to ask the comic book readers. Is Axel a rapist? I am getting that vibe from the show.

Going to go back and read the rest of the thread. I had Dish so picked up season 3 a little behind everyone.
Old November 6 2012, 03:43 PM   #469
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
I just have to ask the comic book readers. Is Axel a rapist? I am getting that vibe from the show.

There is another prisoner I could mention that tangentially addresses this question, but I'm going to refrain from doing so, even in spoiler code, on the chance that tv show Axel might be given that character's actions.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 05:08 PM   #470
sojourner
Admiral

^Don't worry, someone a couple pages back already answered the second part, also in spoiler code.
Old November 6 2012, 05:41 PM   #471
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Immolatus wrote: View Post

I was hoping she would reach over a plant a kiss on Michone
No...just no.
Old November 6 2012, 05:59 PM   #472
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Powerful episode... but I have to wonder. Lori died... from having her abdomen cut open? Because at the time I just thought she lost consciousness
C-section with proper entry to avoid major arteries, no clamps, no transfusion in case she lost too much blood...in other words, unless she somehow forced a normal vaginal birth, she was doomed.

Even if she was back in the cell with Carol and the limited medical supplies, her chances were not good.

All of that because she screwed the (thankfully long gone) beady-eyed psychopath. I guess that was her price to pay.

Last edited by TREK_GOD_1; November 6 2012 at 08:00 PM.
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 06:31 PM   #473
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
The fundamental nature of this universe is that the zombie plague is an unknown that can't won't be answered. It's not a plot point, the interactions of the survivors are. If anything, I hope that they don't ever decide to explain anything about the plague. It's here, it's happening, it won't ever be cured. Deal with it.

Mark
Same name of character too....from your spoilers, as was killed in episode 2.
Old November 6 2012, 07:07 PM   #474
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

I was surprised that T-Dog died as I always figured he was just a crew member who accidentally wandered onto the set from time to time.
Old November 6 2012, 07:24 PM   #475
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 08:01 PM   #476
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

The Mystery Man wrote: View Post
I was surprised that T-Dog died as I always figured he was just a crew member who accidentally wandered onto the set from time to time.
That is so wrong!
Old November 6 2012, 11:44 PM   #477
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ Indeed.

Plus which, it would make the Zombie Apocalypse a Workman's Comp issue.
Old November 7 2012, 12:08 AM   #478
Mojochi
Commodore

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Powerful episode... but I have to wonder. Lori died... from having her abdomen cut open? Because at the time I just thought she lost consciousness
C-section with proper entry to avoid major arteries, no clamps, no transfusion in case she lost too much blood...in other words, unless she somehow forced a normal vaginal birth, she was doomed.

Even if she was back in the cell with Carol and the limited medical supplies, her chances were not good.
Oh, I agree there was little chance of survival for a woman prone to needing a c-section, but she died like almost immediately after the incision & not long after she'd had some kind of rupture which was revealed on Maggie's hand

It just seemed a little forced. Nobody even checked her pulse
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2012, 12:25 AM   #479
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post

Oh, I agree there was little chance of survival for a woman prone to needing a c-section, but she died like almost immediately after the incision & not long after she'd had some kind of rupture which was revealed on Maggie's hand

It just seemed a little forced. Nobody even checked her pulse
people keep going on about that but I don't know how it makes any difference. They didn't wait for Dale to die either. She was bleeding to death, there was no way to save her at that point, why draw it out.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2012, 02:16 AM   #480
Bob Karo
Captain

throwback wrote: View Post
Lori was internally bleeding. Maggie had to do an emergency caesarian section to save the child. This wasn't the first time that Lori had a difficult pregnancy. There was the scar of a formal c-section. One of the quotes I saw in the commentary episode was that the actress who played Lori believed that her character knew the pregnancy was a death sentence.

I have the question about the promo.

In the promo, there appeared to be a new type of walkers. These walkers were seen in a fence and in a close-up. They had a different skin color and appeared more aggressive than the normal walker. Is there anything in the comic about this type of walker?

Now, another question.

Walkers eat flesh. They don't eat flesh, they starve. They starve more slowly than the living. How do the walker bodies digest the meat?

As for the governor, I don't know how much of his past life he revealed was real. Even the photo was suspect. A person can photoshop themselves into a picture.

For myself, I believe that with greater numbers, and with adding more people to the mix, a group has a better chance of surviving. If a person proves a threat to the group, the group can punish the wrong-doer. This is why I am having trouble understanding why either Rick or the Governor are so bent on eliminating potential new members, than adding them. I think killing the soldiers was an idiotic move. The soldiers were trained in combat - far more than the civilians, and could have taught the civilians new skills and tactics. On the other hand, considering how poorly the soldiers performed when surprised by civilians, maybe killing these soldiers might have been a good idea. (Were these soldiers regular army or were they national guard? I can't remember)
I agree with you. That would make sense.

The problem is that the governor is more like a cult leader. He's recruiting people who've been isolated and are looking for security. A group that's made it on their own and bonded are too hard to bring under his control. A group that sticks together in his new society is a threat to his position as "savior."
Bob Karo is offline   Reply With Quote