RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,818
Currently online: 392
Newest member: Thomas Eugene

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 31 2013, 07:49 PM   #1891
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

the G-man wrote: View Post
The only thing I am confident in predicting is that Andrea is most likely going to be the one to kill the governor.
I'm betting it will be Milton. Andrea, at this point, seems to be a bit too obvious. Milton's relationship with the Gov goes back further than Andrea's making him an even bigger victim of their Dear Leader's abuse.

Certainly could be Andrea, but I think they could just as easily go another way.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 08:01 PM   #1892
the G-man
Commodore

EmoBorg wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
just like corporations are not persons, religion is not a person or persons. You can change companies or the religion you are in but you cannot change your sexuality as it is innate and personnal. I reserve the right to attack all religion as they are not people but corporations.
Christianity is the basis of a faith and its associated teachings, not a corporation, and is as personal to its believers as any part of the inner self. However, if you insist on attacking it, then do not cry when gay people are treated with the same open disrespect you show here.

This is not "PC world--only when it suits my agenda," so if you open the door to hate, do no be surprised if it comes your way. Balance of the universe.
i was born in a very religious family and i was very religious growing up.But now i consider all religion as nothing more than idealogies and cults. I understand where you are coming from. But religion can be changed or abandoned even. It is not personnal. It is a form of brainwashing.
I agree with you about religion. It's basically a way to start wars and control people with superstition.

But attacking religion is not really different than attacking behavior, whether that behavior is from a genetic component or not.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 08:02 PM   #1893
the G-man
Commodore

gblews wrote: View Post
The only thing I am confident in predicting is that Andrea is most likely going to be the one to kill the governor.
I'm betting it will be Milton. Andrea, at this point, seems to be a bit too obvious. Milton's relationship with the Gov goes back further than Andrea's making him an even bigger victim of their Dear Leader's abuse.

Certainly could be Andrea, but I think they could just as easily go another way.
Andrea needs some form of redemption. That's why I think it will be her.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 08:39 PM   #1894
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Andrea needs some form of redemption. That's why I think it will be her.
I think the Governor is not coming back from his mission, and if he does, Andrea would be a fool to wait for his return--even with help from Tyrese's sister.
Old March 31 2013, 08:44 PM   #1895
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

wissaboo wrote: View Post
i was born in a very religious family and i was very religious growing up.But now i consider all religion as nothing more than idealogies and cults. I understand where you are coming from. But religion can be changed or abandoned even. It is not personnal. It is a form of brainwashing.
Just as you say that in bold, there is no absolute research stating that being gay is not--for some--a matter which can be considered born of nurture, rather than nature.

It is not personnal. It is a form of brainwashing.
Faith is beginning of it all, which is within the mind and soul, while religion is the vehicle of translation regarding that belief, teaching and history. To even refer to it--in your blanketing, offensive manner--as brainwashing (and not personal) drips of hatred/agenda, or misinformation. Take your pick.
what a remarkable lack of awareness. To say something so offensive that drips of hatred/ agenda and then to accuse someone of the same thing almost in the same breath.
You are not getting the point: if you are referring to the "Nature v nurture" comment, that is to illustrate how he cannot see that something he seems to care about can be judged in the same fashion. Moreover, referring to religion as "brainwashing" or a "cult" in his absolutist terms is born of his unrelenting hatred, while an analysis of behavior--free of hateful descriptions--is not.

It would be IF one were to say, "ahh yer just a bunch of freaks," or something along those lines, but it is quite obvious that was not implied.
Old March 31 2013, 08:48 PM   #1896
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Caligula wrote: View Post
I'm sorry, but wasn't this supposed to be a thread for The Walking Dead?
Well, it was, and will be long after sideline conversations.
Old March 31 2013, 08:49 PM   #1897
secretreeve
Lieutenant Junior Grade

as an openly gay male can i just add:

STFU

to both sides.

This is a walking dead thread, not a relious debate thread or sexuality debate thread.

go back on topic and enjoy The Walking Dead from AMC! subtle eh?

BOOM back on topic.
secretreeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 09:23 PM   #1898
Whettestone
Captain

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Indeed, and it shouldn't be allowed on TrekBBS.
Related point: In the Future of Trek forum (and in other posts) Christianity is attacked, but no one champions the elimination and/or censorship of that kind of language. If one form of "offensive" language has to go, it all needs to go.
just like corporations are not persons, religion is not a person or persons. You can change companies or the religion you are in but you cannot change your sexuality or race as it is innate and personnal. religions are not people but corporations that promote and sell spritual products and services. They are also idealogies and like any idealogies, they deserve to be treated as such.
I'm talking about a statue of a cat.

Thanks for playing.
Whettestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 09:24 PM   #1899
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

secretreeve wrote: View Post
as an openly gay male can i just add:

STFU

to both sides.

This is a walking dead thread, not a relious debate thread or sexuality debate thread.

go back on topic and enjoy The Walking Dead from AMC! subtle eh?

BOOM back on topic.
Loud and clear, ensign.
Old March 31 2013, 09:26 PM   #1900
Whettestone
Captain

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Whettestone wrote: View Post
Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
The statue is irrelevant to the pejorative which is a swipe at homosexuals.
It's a statue of a cat. Thanks for playing.
Do you really not see the problem with what you wrote? Are you really that dense or just so stubborn it doesn't matter?

Even through my own storied experience with your usual spiel, I might be willing to consider what you're saying, but your attitude is just seething with hatred and bigotry. And I don't have time for that shit.

Thanks for playing.
I have no idea who you are. Please tell me you're not creating in your mind some kind of relationship between us because I posted something about Star Trek Enterprise in 2002.
Old March 31 2013, 09:45 PM   #1901
Whettestone
Captain

SEASON FINALE SPOILERS...........
.......I MIGHT BE WRONG.....
Andrea gets bit in the boob. They have to cut off her boob to save her life, but they cut off the wrong boob, and she dies. Then she turns and bites Michonne in the boob. And they have to cut off her boob to save her life, but they cut off the wrong boob and she dies too. And because the show is now in the mainstream, Hollywood uses it to force their Hollywood Agendas on the world, so Glen and Hershel have a gay wedding and Daryl says Sarah Palin is stupid. Then Rick starts talking to Laurie again through a Playskool See 'N Say.

And Jim from season one comes back, it turns out rednecks are immune, they just needed to drink some milk, so Daryl killed Merle for no reason. And Carol finds one of Sophia's hairclips in her bag and tries it on but can't because Carol's hair is too short so she cries a little. Then Maggie gets cornered by the Governor again and realizes she liked to be manhandled after all so they decide to "bury wood" in Woodbury.

The last scene is Rick back at Hershel's farm surrounded by the herd bodies and pouring expired milk into the open mouth of Shane's rotted skeletal corpse, hoping the milk-cure will bring Shane back, as Laurie gives him moral support on the See 'N Say but all Carl can hear from the See 'N Say is "The cow goes moo".

CUE MUSIC.....
Old March 31 2013, 09:52 PM   #1902
Neroon
Mod of balance

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post

That's a cat statue. Not a person. Thanks for playing.
The statue is irrelevant to the pejorative which is a swipe at homosexuals.
It's a statue of a cat. Thanks for playing.
There really is no need for further discussion. Saying "gay" in that context is not exactly complimentary. If you would like to keep playing, please cease from using the word "gay" in this manner.

Comments to PM.
And that goes for everyone else as well, there is no need to prolong the matter.
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 11:08 PM   #1903
Mojochi
Commodore

WTF happened to this thread? You know what? Never mind. I could sit here until the real apocalypse & never understand

Anyway... I'm not completely convinced this episode will be the end of the Governor. The end of his reign? almost certainly, but the end of his life? It just seems too easy & neat. He's pretty much been the biggest villain of the show

I could quite easily be wrong on this one, but I wouldn't be surprised to have a bit of a question mark at the end of this days events
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 02:17 AM   #1904
jbny67
Commander

I'm betting it will be Milton.
Maybe not
jbny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2013, 02:23 AM   #1905
propita
Rear Admiral

It's on! It's on! Yay!!!

He was NOT dropping the gun. Carl did right.

(trying not to spoil)

HO-LY SHIT!! Was not expecting that.

Aaaannnddd...extra STID footage!

Last edited by propita; April 1 2013 at 02:42 AM.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote