Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 29 2013, 01:41 AM   #1861
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Tom wrote: View Post
I'm going to guess the most the Woodbury group that invades the prison will die. There may be a trap setup for them.
Well prisons are built to keep people in. Rick's group could herd walkers inside, let the Woodbury troops enter and lock the doors behind them.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 02:14 AM   #1862
Mojochi
Commodore

I've been saying all along what a stupid idea it is to march in there the way the teaser is showing the Woodbury guys. It's classic ambush setup, & if the Gov is that dumb, overconfident, or crazy, then he deserves to get all his people killed, & they deserve it for following the nut case
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 12:55 PM   #1863
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mojochi wrote: View Post
I've been saying all along what a stupid idea it is to march in there the way the teaser is showing the Woodbury guys. It's classic ambush setup, & if the Gov is that dumb, overconfident, or crazy, then he deserves to get all his people killed, & they deserve it for following the nut case
True, but to be safe, I think he would leave few snipers at various stations along the roads/woods leading to the prison, either to prevent escape--or an attempt to counter raid Woodbury.
Old March 29 2013, 01:20 PM   #1864
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Pavonis wrote: View Post
Twenty-seven deaths? There aren't that many characters! The majority must be "redshirts". And I'd hate to see poor little Judith killed off, nor would I like to see Beth or Hershel die. That's the point though, I suppose. There's no impact in killing off redshirts that we're not emotionally invested in....
27 includes soldiers (Woodbury residents), so Lincoln could be throwing it out there just to make it seem like a massacre. While the "keeping it real" drive runs this series, killing off characters like Beth and Judith in the season final seems too much like the end of season 2, where Patricia and Jimmy met their end in the middle of a battle.

Its not like season 3 was lacking in tragedy, with the shock deaths of longtimers Lori, T-Dog, somewhat appealing Axel and now Merle all "keeping it real."

The series should avoid patterns (early season shock deaths, season finale shock deaths), and just tell the continuing story of the survivors. They seem to forget to explore the concepts such as the revolving door of depression and personal tragedy of people living in a zombie world, aside from the return of Morgan, which was great because he could let it all out, but not due to violence in the present time.
Old March 29 2013, 06:59 PM   #1865
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I'm kinda hoping Morgan does a last minute "Han Solo" to help our gang out against the Governor.

It won't happen, but I would like to see Morgan again.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 08:25 PM   #1866
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

"You're all clear, Rick! Now let's blow this prison and ... go take over Woodbury!"
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 08:31 PM   #1867
Jinglekitty
Captain

auntiehill wrote: View Post
I'm kinda hoping Morgan does a last minute "Han Solo" to help our gang out against the Governor.

It won't happen, but I would like to see Morgan again.

Same here, but I think Morgan may be one of the 27 forecast to die.
Old March 29 2013, 08:43 PM   #1868
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
"You're all clear, Rick! Now let's blow this prison and ... go take over Woodbury!"
LOL!!!
Old March 29 2013, 09:19 PM   #1869
JD
Admiral

I think it's pretty obvious that most of the 27 deaths will be Woodbury's people, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of those are the recurring characters we've been seeing throughout the season, like the guy Daryl was talking during during their little meeting. As for the prison group, I noticed that Scott Wilson and Emily Kinney are still just credited as guest stars, so at this point I'm thinking Beth and/or Hershel wil die or we'll they'll survive and become regulars next season. I don't really see them killing anyone else off at this point. Daryl and Rick have already had people close to them getting killed so I don't see Carl or Carol dying, and I really think the Glenn/Maggie relationship is too new to end already. Plus if they do kill Hershel or Beth the we'll need Maggie around to be shocked and then mourn them. I could see them killing off The Governor if this is the end of the Woodbury storyline, but if it isn't he's pretty much guaranteed to survive. Same goes for Andrea, I think there's still a lot of story potential either in Woodbury or during the aftermath of the conflict. I could see Milton finally truly turning on The Governor and getting killed in the process.
Old March 30 2013, 11:32 AM   #1870
Dream
Admiral

So what stupid shit will Andrea do this weekend?

Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30 2013, 09:54 PM   #1871
Mojochi
Commodore

Silvercrest wrote: View Post

Actually, since I kind of figure Daryl will go to Woodbury after finding Merle, & I assume he'll rescue Andrea because everyone will be on the way to attack the prison, I'm kind of hoping that Daryl will burn Woodbury down to smoke and ash. He's earned a little retribution
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 03:39 AM   #1872
the G-man
Commodore

The only thing I am confident in predicting is that Andrea is most likely going to be the one to kill the governor.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 04:32 AM   #1873
propita
Rear Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
I'm going to guess the most the Woodbury group that invades the prison will die. There may be a trap setup for them.
I watched Talking Dead, which showed some extra stuff:

propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 09:27 AM   #1874
Whettestone
Captain

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Whettestone wrote: View Post
"Clear" SUCKED.
The back door was unlocked too, as that's how Michonne went back in to get her gay cat statue which she just whipped out of nowhere.
Really the only thing I object to in your overlong post is the use of the word "gay" as a pejorative. We're all --yes, even you-- better than that and it would be a LOT easier to consider what you have to say if you could tone down the vitriol and the needless swipe against a whole subset of our population in the real world just because you don't like something that happened on a tv show in a fictional world.
That's a cat statue. Not a person. Thanks for playing.
Whettestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 09:32 AM   #1875
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

Hum, really?

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote