Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 28 2013, 06:15 PM   #1846
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
My guess is we should say goodbye to Hershel, Beth and Judith.
Agreed. I wonder what will happen with Milton? I bet he's gone too along with the Governor of course.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 06:23 PM   #1847
Pavonis
Commodore

Twenty-seven deaths? There aren't that many characters! The majority must be "redshirts". And I'd hate to see poor little Judith killed off, nor would I like to see Beth or Hershel die. That's the point though, I suppose. There's no impact in killing off redshirts that we're not emotionally invested in....
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 06:29 PM   #1848
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Pavonis wrote: View Post
Twenty-seven deaths? There aren't that many characters! The majority must be "redshirts". And I'd hate to see poor little Judith killed off, nor would I like to see Beth or Hershel die. That's the point though, I suppose. There's no impact in killing off redshirts that we're not emotionally invested in....
Killing an infant on television [if they show it] would definately once again put TWD way outside of standard TV fair and is risky in terms of possibly turning people off.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 08:52 PM   #1849
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

I have to laugh at the idea that this show is willing to dispatch "its most beloved characters." I mean, really? If they kill off Beth, Hershel and Judith it'll be Amy Mk.2 (sweet character that was never given the chance to do much, worse in Beth's case), an infant that - while shocking to lose - hasn't had a chance to really become beloved, and Hershel who genuinely fits the bill.

Merle - not beloved
Lori - not beloved
Prison guys - who?
T-Dogg - who?
Shane - HA!
Dale - not beloved (missed potential; became Hershel)
Sophia - sweet, but didn't get to do much
Jacqui - who?
Amy - see above
Rampaging Fuckwad Wifebeater - HA!
Old March 28 2013, 09:26 PM   #1850
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Kestrel wrote: View Post
I have to laugh at the idea that this show is willing to dispatch "its most beloved characters." I mean, really? If they kill off Beth, Hershel and Judith it'll be Amy Mk.2 (sweet character that was never given the chance to do much, worse in Beth's case), an infant that - while shocking to lose - hasn't had a chance to really become beloved, and Hershel who genuinely fits the bill.

Merle - not beloved
Lori - not beloved
Prison guys - who?
T-Dogg - who?
Shane - HA!
Dale - not beloved (missed potential; became Hershel)
Sophia - sweet, but didn't get to do much
Jacqui - who?
Amy - see above
Rampaging Fuckwad Wifebeater - HA!
I'd have to argue a couple of those:

Merle -- yeah, you had to hate him..but at the same time, was good for some laughs, and some needed tension amongst the group. As you've read -- people were actually sad at his death, and respected it.

Dale -- SOME people here did not like him...but i sure did, and was VERY sad when he died. He created some necessary character conflict without destroying the group or being stupid. He brought up legitimate alternative points of view, and was certainly right when it came to Shane. (He also saved Andrea's life..which again, would be debateable, depending on if you liked her character or not).

i'd also dispute the "anyone could die" theory. Until Rick dies, that isn't necessarily true. And Darryl would be the top person it owuld be very dangerous to kill off (as far as viewership; it'd have to be a big colloborative effort to make it worthwhile)
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 09:38 PM   #1851
Mojochi
Commodore

I think people did like T-dog, but much like many others, he suffered from little development, which apparently they have admitted to in the article above

When he says 27 people, it's obvious that it's in reference to the vast majority of Woodbury nobodies & a good amount of ones we do know, like Martinez & maybe Milton, plus possibly one or two of our longstanding principle cast

Wissaboo makes a good point about the principle cast not being able to afford much more diminishment. I'd be astounded if they had the balls to murder an infant on this show. I'd say Hershel has had a good run, & might be on the chopping block. Tyrese seems to be getting groomed for some kind of permanency, but the remaining two in his group are possible fatalities, the doofas dad almost certainly.

Losing too many of the others would be tough to work around, but it's possible
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 10:05 PM   #1852
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

I agree. I can see them losing Hershel, but it would hurt the show to kill off anyone else in the prison group.

Rick -- well.

Carl represents the post-apocalypse generation and there are still too many things to explore from that aspect.

Judith: same reason, as well as the reasons stated above.

Carol and Beth: the characters are finally being developed (particularly Carol) and need more time.

Daryl and Michonne: coolness factor, plus we need to see how they develop after recent events.

Anyone at Woodbury is fair game as far as I'm concerned (with the exception of Tyreese). I wouldn't mind seeing Andrea rejoin the prison group, but it would be equally appropriate at this stage (in a narrative sense) if she died.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 10:11 PM   #1853
Pondwater
Fleet Captain

27 folks... Milton, a bunch of Woodbury folks, Beth, The Governor and Andrea.
Pondwater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 10:35 PM   #1854
propita
Rear Admiral

I hope they keep both Carl and Judith alive. As Silvercrest posted, Carl is the post-apocalypse generation, but he remembers what used to be. Judith, if the show lasts and they take a couple of jumps, won't have known anything BUT this world.

I don't think they'd off Daryl because he is such a fan favorite. I hope that's true. His disappointment in Rick about trading Michonne was palpable.

And I want at least Tyrese to join the group. The group can't get too small or it's indefensible.

I'd like to see Carol use her "just the facts ma'am" ways to dispose of a future opponent. She's a "Cold Equations" type, but I don't want that to mean she has to kill Judith to save the group (a la Mash-finale).
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 10:37 PM   #1855
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Pondwater wrote: View Post
27 folks... Milton, a bunch of Woodbury folks, Beth, The Governor and Andrea.
That's my thinking, although Hershel could be substituted in there, also.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2013, 10:37 PM   #1856
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Yeah, it will be mostly Woodbury. Only one or two of our folks will die. I have a feeling Herschel will die and Tyrese will join up-- he seems like the kind of solid and grounded type of guy who could fill that role. I just hope his sister doesn't die.
Old March 28 2013, 10:51 PM   #1857
Dream
Admiral

I have a feeling that Andrea will survive and continue annoying us with her stupidity for the entire series. She just seems like that type of character! Someone has to take over for Lori, right?
Old March 28 2013, 11:44 PM   #1858
Dream
Admiral

Oh, look! It's Mini Michonne.

http://fashionablygeek.com/costumes/...-boss-cosplay/
Old March 28 2013, 11:59 PM   #1859
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

I predict they won't kill beth or judith but we won't see much of them either. I don't see this show becoming a show with small children. They will be off in the background somewhere together.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 01:16 AM   #1860
Tom
Rear Admiral

I'm going to guess the most the Woodbury group that invades the prison will die. There may be a trap setup for them.