Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 19 2013, 12:56 AM   #1636
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Not sure if this is an upcoming storyline in the comics, but looking at the setup in Woodbury, I have to wonder why Rick and the gang aren't trying to do a similar thing themselves-- find a main street in some small town somewhere, block off either end to keep the walkers out, and then live comfortably inside. Doesn't seem all that complicated.

Obviously food would still be an issue, but the people of Woodbury obviously figured it out so they probably could too.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 01:56 AM   #1637
Mojochi
Commodore

davejames wrote: View Post
Not sure if this is an upcoming storyline in the comics, but looking at the setup in Woodbury, I have to wonder why Rick and the gang aren't trying to do a similar thing themselves-- find a main street in some small town somewhere, block off either end to keep the walkers out, and then live comfortably inside. Doesn't seem all that complicated.

Obviously food would still be an issue, but the people of Woodbury obviously figured it out so they probably could too.
At the time they came upon the prison, Rick had considerably less numbers for fortifying a position like that than the Gov. did. The protection the prison walls & cells offered seemed pretty worthwhile
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 03:16 AM   #1638
James T. Vader
Lieutenant

James T. Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 04:57 AM   #1639
Pavonis
Commodore

I thought Andrea would make off with his truck, too, but then I realized that the Governor may have had the keys with him, and who knows if Andrea can hot wire a vehicle?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 05:00 AM   #1640
Dream
Admiral

Pavonis wrote: View Post
I thought Andrea would make off with his truck, too, but then I realized that the Governor may have had the keys with him, and who knows if Andrea can hot wire a vehicle?
Andrea should have at least slashed the truck's tires with her knife.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 05:13 AM   #1641
Pavonis
Commodore

She should have slashed the tires, but more importantly, when she was in sight of the prison, she should have kept going. Stopping is what caused her predicament.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 06:38 AM   #1642
sojourner
Admiral

And now that she has chosen to side with the prison gang she no longer looks clean. Seems to be some strange side effect.
Old March 19 2013, 08:10 AM   #1643
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

She should have slashed the tires, but more importantly, when she was in sight of the prison, she should have kept going. Stopping is what caused her predicament.
To me it looked like Andrea was completely exhausted by the time she got to the prison. It appeared she tried to call to Rick but she couldn't speak at all. She barely made a peep.
Old March 19 2013, 01:12 PM   #1644
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post

Tyrese is cool. I hope he and his wife become part of the main group. I loved the scene where he was practicing shooting at the walkers.
Has it been established that is is wife or his sister?

Regarding episode - I liked it as well. I think the point of this episode was to reaffirm the fact that the Governor has completely lost it.

Also IMO to setup where Milton is going to die because he's betrayed the Governor.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 03:27 PM   #1645
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

James T. Vader wrote: View Post
No kidding. Or the second she escaped the building, run like...well, like her life depended on it.
Old March 19 2013, 03:31 PM   #1646
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Dream wrote: View Post
Andrea should have at least slashed the truck's tires with her knife.
Yes! If the key was not in the ignition, then as you say, slash tires, pull wires--anything, so even if the governor caught her, the truck not functioning would give Andrea a second chance to fight...escape..
Old March 19 2013, 03:36 PM   #1647
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
To me it looked like Andrea was completely exhausted by the time she got to the prison. It appeared she tried to call to Rick but she couldn't speak at all. She barely made a peep.
The reason i'm not buying her being exausted stems from the conclusion of season 2: Andrea was running around the farm shooting zombies, then she was still running--literally--the next morning before being rescued by Michonne. If she could run all night long while fighting a zombie herd (a herd which offers no time to rest), her little walk/spint across a field to a building, then back to the field was not an Olympic event.

She had enough juice to run to prison.
Old March 19 2013, 04:13 PM   #1648
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post

Yes! If the key was not in the ignition, then as you say, slash tires, pull wires--anything, so even if the governor caught her, the truck not functioning would give Andrea a second chance to fight...escape..
My sense was that Andrea thought the Governor was trapped in the wherehouse with the zombies and may not escape. Also, while it was logical for her to do as you and several others are saying to the truck, I got the impression that she just wanted to get the fuck out of there - so sabotaging the truck just wasn't on her mind.
Old March 19 2013, 04:35 PM   #1649
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post

My sense was that Andrea thought the Governor was trapped in the wherehouse with the zombies and may not escape. Also, while it was logical for her to do as you and several others are saying to the truck, I got the impression that she just wanted to get the fuck out of there - so sabotaging the truck just wasn't on her mind.
Yea, it's easy for us to criticize after the fact, or being on the sidelines as the audience, but, Andrea doesn't know she's in a TV show and that the Governor couldn't die this early at the hands of Zombies, someone needs to take revenge against him and it was very unlikely he would die before the last episode of the season (or at least not before the end of the Penultimate episode of the season)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; March 19 2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: changed typo "lucky" to "unlikely" and cleaned up other errors
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 04:48 PM   #1650
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Yea, it's easy for us to criticize after the fact, or being on the sidelines as the audience, but, Andrea doesn't know she's in a TV show nd that the Governor coouldn't die this early at the hands of Zombies, someone needs to take revenge against him and it was very lucky he would die before the last episode of the season (or at least not before the end of the Penultimate episode of the season)
Smart ass.