Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 4 2013, 04:25 AM   #1336
Mojochi
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Arguably the best episode of the season. That guy is a stellar actor & even if it's the last time we see him, it was well worth it
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 04:26 AM   #1337
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Nice change of pace and venue. Michonne is officially a ninja. I started thinking of Clementine when I saw the walker-talkie.
It was REALLY refreshing to see Michonne bond with Rick and Carl this week. Its a good bet that from that one short conversation he knows more about her than Andrea. I'm sure that its good for Rick's overall morale to know that he is not the only one that's fucked in the head. He does not event know that Daryl essentially had the same problem while searching for Sophia.

I don't say this often about most shows, but this show desperately needs a serious time jump. In order for Carl to stick around they are going to have to explain why he looks years older.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 04:43 AM   #1338
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Loved the episode. I was commenting this week how, while I usually don't mind episodes where characters talk, this isn't a show that can do that well. I take it back.

I was disappointed, though, they didn't explain the markings from Morgan that everyone is infected. They could have explained it as him being crazy, but something tells me he saw someone die naturally and turn. As we saw with Woodbury, the living are starting to pick up on that.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 04:50 AM   #1339
Mojochi
Commodore

Best joke of the night. "Now where do they find a picture of Shane, so Judith will know what her dad looks like?"
Old March 4 2013, 05:04 AM   #1340
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

One of the top 5 episodes of the entire series, and of note, there was no Governor/Andrea drama.
Old March 4 2013, 05:07 AM   #1341
Mojochi
Commodore

BTW, who the hell is stupid enough to be hiking... alone? There's cars everywhere, & for the time being, most people on the show seem to be able to find fuel
Old March 4 2013, 05:34 AM   #1342
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

This episode was excellent, probably the best since the pilot. It was haunting, sad, and yet somewhat hopeful. The problem is that it showed just how uninteresting a lot of the normal drama that goes on is.
Old March 4 2013, 07:44 AM   #1343
Blue_Trek
Captain

I felt sorry for that unknown guy with the orange back pack, he pleaded for help twice and was ignored, later it was obvious he could not fight off the walkers and died. And then they backup and collect his pack. For some reason this bothered me. It seems this group will only help it's own now, and everybody else can just die and it's too bad so sad for them. Either that or stick with the group long enough to pass their "trial" and earn there stripes in the group like Michonne finally did this week, when to me she proved it a long time ago.
Old March 4 2013, 07:51 AM   #1344
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

This was easily one of the best episodes of the entire show. And I've not even been liking Rick or Carl, but the character beats were just brilliant, and it was great to see Morgan again. I'm so glad that Michonne finally got to break out of her "glare with no lines" mode. Let's hope it continues.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I started thinking of Clementine when I saw the walker-talkie.
Yes! Especially poignant considering Morgan's conversation about it and the role a walkie-talkie played in Clem's story.

ETA: And now I'm sad because of that.
Old March 4 2013, 07:53 AM   #1345
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Morgan. Performing his grim task. Clearing.

Not everyone would come to a good end. The fact that is was Morgan drives it home--the human toll, not just in physical lives. Morgan, and the unfortunate hiker. I can understand when you look at it objectively why they didn't pick him up. It's a brutal truth that would develop in that kind of world. Best not to give the stranger hope.

Oh, Morgan.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 08:00 AM   #1346
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Best joke of the night. "Now where do they find a picture of Shane, so Judith will know what her dad looks like?"
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 08:06 AM   #1347
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
It was REALLY refreshing to see Michonne bond with Rick and Carl this week. Its a good bet that from that one short conversation he knows more about her than Andrea.
I would not be surprised if Rick ends up knowing more about her; Andrea is not the kind of person anyone can get close to without having to deal with her neverending complaining.

this show desperately needs a serious time jump. In order for Carl to stick around they are going to have to explain why he looks years older.
Its been some time since the 1st episode, if you jump ahead, Michonne and Andrea were supposed to be on their own for 8 months, so all considered, the series internal clock has to be closer to two years.
Old March 4 2013, 09:12 AM   #1348
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I know a lot of people have commented that they've felt badly for the hitchhiker but even in the best of times I think most people would've passed him by. Who knows what psychos are out there now...I would imagine that in the zombie apocalypse there'd be even more dangerous people out there.
Old March 4 2013, 12:46 PM   #1349
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I know a lot of people have commented that they've felt badly for the hitchhiker but even in the best of times I think most people would've passed him by. Who knows what psychos are out there now...I would imagine that in the zombie apocalypse there'd be even more dangerous people out there.
I see your point; he even yelled something to the effect that he was okay (meaning not sick), but who would take that chance. For all anyone realized, he could have been bait for a larger group hiding in the woods, or had some association with the governor.
Old March 4 2013, 02:01 PM   #1350
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
the same problem while searching for Sophia.

I don't say this often about most shows, but this show desperately needs a serious time jump. In order for Carl to stick around they are going to have to explain why he looks years older.
Agreed. Rick says to Morgan it's been approx 1 year since they last saw each other but as you note Carl looks a lot older than only the passage of 1 year and maybe it's me but they've compressed to much shit to have happened in such a short time period.

1. Rick wakes up from coma

2. Goes to Atlanta

3. Goes to camp

4. Then CDC

5. Carl is shot

6. Has a miracle recovery in just a few days

7. Lori pregnant

8. They camp out on the farm for unknown period of time.

9. Leave farm

10. Go to the prison

11. Andrea lands in Woodbury

12. Another unknown period of time passes in the prison after baby is born

13. Nowthey return to King County

DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote