Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 26 2013, 12:42 AM   #1231
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Urgent Sky wrote: View Post
Pavonis wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
No one has commented on why the Governor was holding a match up to his eye. Even the guys on Talking Dead seemed confused about that. I got the impression that was the first time he'd had the bandages off and was testing whether he had any vision left in that eye... and the answer was no. His body language sure read that way. Any opinions?
My first thought was that he needed more light to see the wound. He was close up to the mirror, but the light was behind him, meaning he was blocking the light to see the wound by. So he lights a match to get a good look at it. He does get to test the vision in the eye that way, too.

I just remember thinking "if he starts digging around in there, I'm changing the channel." I've been okay with every gory thing they've showed us so far, but I could not handle that.
I thought he was going to try to cauterize it.
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 12:54 AM   #1232
Pavonis
Commodore

That occurred to me, too, briefly, but it seems to me that a match would be a poor way to cauterize the wound. It would just be a painful way to snuff a match, wouldn't it?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 02:14 AM   #1233
throwback
Captain

For myself, I learned more about Milton. Andrea informs him that she is going to the prison to see if she can find a way to begin negotiations towards peace. Later, Milton informs The Governor that Andrea wants to escape from Woodbury. Does Milton feel threatened by Andrea? Is that why he changed her words?
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 02:34 AM   #1234
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Ruaidhri wrote: View Post
I thought he was going to try to cauterize it.
With a match? That would make him a Grade A idiot...in addition to being a psychopath.
Old February 26 2013, 02:49 AM   #1235
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

auntiehill wrote: View Post
But Merle, for all his evilness, isn't a complete idiot. He's following his brother, for now and sizing things up. But I imagine he'll turn on the others, eventually--the only question is to what degree.
Many seem to feel Carol will face off with Merle to protect Daryl--perhaps dying in the conflict. I've heard others express an interest in Hershel taking him out if he (Merle) threatens his daughters. The biggest surprise of all would be Merle actually turning his life around, whether Rooker stays with the series or not.
Old February 26 2013, 02:50 AM   #1236
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Well, I've been leaning this way for a few weeks now but now I'm firmly in the "Don't kill Beth" camp. Sure she hasn't contributed all that much or been much developed, but it's nice to have a character that, since her suicide attempt, has seemed pretty well-balanced and doesn't have serious issues and is... shock of all shocks for this show... downright pleasant.

Mostly though I'm afraid she's
Old February 26 2013, 03:18 AM   #1237
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Kestrel wrote: View Post

Mostly though I'm afraid she's
I can see that happening. Pretty sad if it plays out that way.
Old February 26 2013, 05:19 AM   #1238
JD
Admiral

I thought the episode was pretty good. I'm honestly not sure at this point what is going to become of Andrea. She seems to be trying to keep herself in the middle of the two groups, but sooner or later she's going to have to pick a side and shut up and stick with it. I'm thinking that she's probably going to go with Woodbury, if only to protect the townspeople.
I was surprised to see Tyrese and his group side with The Governor, but I guess after how Rick acted towards them it is understandable.
I'm very curious to see what they are going to do with Merle. I was honestly kind of surprised he just went with Daryl so quickly. I was expecting more of a them or me moment. But I guess it just shows how much he really cares about Daryl that he was willing to go back to the group.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 05:46 AM   #1239
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

Not sure what the ambiguity about the match is all about, seamed pretty clear he was trying to get a better look at the damage done to his eye.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 10:28 AM   #1240
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

throwback wrote: View Post
For myself, I learned more about Milton. Andrea informs him that she is going to the prison to see if she can find a way to begin negotiations towards peace. Later, Milton informs The Governor that Andrea wants to escape from Woodbury. Does Milton feel threatened by Andrea? Is that why he changed her words?
He's definitely trying to curry favor with the Governor, and he's very insecure. "Is this another test?" Not much of a spine there.
Old February 26 2013, 06:08 PM   #1241
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^Plus, he probably knows, better than most, just how bat-shit crazy the guy is. He seems to want to help, to do the right thing, but he is far, far too afraid of what the Governor would do to him. And rightfully so.
auntiehill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 06:51 PM   #1242
Servo
Rear Admiral

Tyreese and his group are awfully trusting of new people, considering what they said they'd been through on the road. Interesting direction they're going in by having them side with Woodbury, though.

I hope the father and son get done in pretty quick, they're just plain dicks. First trying to get Tyreese to help them take over the prison, and then actively offering to help the Governor take down Rick's group. Hopefully the Gov will use them as cannon fodder.
Old February 26 2013, 07:56 PM   #1243
Pavonis
Commodore

Servo wrote: View Post
Tyreese and his group are awfully trusting of new people, considering what they said they'd been through on the road. Interesting direction they're going in by having them side with Woodbury, though.

I hope the father and son get done in pretty quick, they're just plain dicks. First trying to get Tyreese to help them take over the prison, and then actively offering to help the Governor take down Rick's group. Hopefully the Gov will use them as cannon fodder.
Well, look at it from Tyreese's group's side. They just left a prison occupied by a group of pretty nice folks lead by a guy apparently bat-shit crazy, who drove them out. Then they run into the next best thing to civilization since the apocalypse. Seventy-some people in a walled town with most of the luxuries of the previous civilization - I'd side with Woodbury, too.

Woodbury is the best chance anyone has of establishing a real survivable community in the post-apocalyptic era. The only bad thing about it is that it's run by someone as psychotic as Rick, but who hides it much, much better.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 08:17 PM   #1244
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

As an aside, I'm curious if anyone has any information about why the people in Woodbury would be running extension cords to all of the light fixtures? Instead, why wouldn't they just hook a larger generator to the power grid and fire up the regular electrical connections in people's homes?

Just an asthetic question.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 08:50 PM   #1245
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Pavonis wrote: View Post
The only bad thing about it is that it's run by someone as psychotic as Rick, but who hides it much, much better.
Rick is not psychotic. He's dealing with guilt/responsibility issues, which is far different than the governor, who sees himself as the overlord/puppetmaster of a weak-minded and/or scared flock (hence the Jim Jones references).