RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,692
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 477
Newest member: 713brianp27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 14 2012, 02:10 AM   #1
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
The Walking Dead Season 3

I09 has the trailer for TWD Season 3 available for view here: http://io9.com/5925966/gaze-upon-the...ason-3-trailer

One of the things I'm curious about is just how long they are going to be able to keep Carl around. They've managed to minimize the child actor problem in the series by essentially eliminating all of the child characters except him. But he is a MAJOR part of TWD Graphic Novel. Hell, I could see him out living Rick. But really the acts age is starting to show in that clip. Unless there is a major time jump in the series (which would not be unprecedented given that actually ALOT more time had passed in the comics from the initial outbreak to the prison...and they spend a long time at the prison before Woodbury becomes an issue).
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

What the hell? Did Lori come upon a stash of bipolar medication in the prison? She seems supportive of Rick again. Now that was a trailer that piqued my interest. Rick's looking worse for wear, which is to be totally expected. Loving Michonne, loving the shot of Carol handling a machine gun. Excellent.

Carl did look older. Governor looks tasty. Methinks this show will thrive just fine without Shane.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 02:44 AM   #3
Dream
Admiral

Looks great. I just know that season 3 is going to absolutely blow away season 2 in terms of quality.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 03:26 AM   #4
davejames
Vice Admiral

I liked season 2 just fine, but this certainly does look a lot cooler and more action-packed.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 03:55 AM   #5
Disruptor
Commodore

Herschell grew some facial hair...just how much time passes?

T-Dog is stepping up the plate...call him T-Ball now.

Great to have Smallville back...er...Walking Dead...whatever show it is that doesn't live up to comic book expectations.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2012, 08:05 AM   #6
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Fuck you, AMC! My ISP pays you to broadcast your shows 24 hrs after the US airing and we still get the finger!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2012, 11:59 PM   #7
Pauln6
Rear Admiral

Dear God I just sat through an episode of the Walking Dead season 2 where Lori argued with Andrea because she spent her time guarding the encampment putting more pressure on the remaining women to do the cooking and the cleaning! She even accused her to sitting and working on her tan while on guard duty! Wtf? I don't think my jaw fell open so wide since I saw Brad Pitt's abs in Thelma and Louise.

I know these characters are supposed to be hicks but really that level of sexism is lamentable in a 'modern drama without something to balance it out. They didn't even give Andrea any decent comeback about Rick clubbing her on the head and dragging her back to his cave.

And for god's sake will somebody please start sharing skills other than shooting a gun. They have one guy that can fix stuff, one guy that can hunt, one guy with any medical knowledge (who hasn't taught his children anything), and one guy who could play the guitar. Singing round the campfire is now out so they might as well spend some time learning about anatomy.

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2012, 12:24 AM   #8
sojourner
Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
....without Shane.
Wait, what?? Did I miss something?
Old July 17 2012, 12:37 AM   #9
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

the prison looks way cooler than I was expecting it to be. I was expecting the governor to already have it under control.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2012, 12:37 AM   #10
Snaploud
Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
....without Shane.
Wait, what?? Did I miss something?
...episode 12 of season 2, apparently.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2012, 01:22 AM   #11
sojourner
Admiral

Oh wait, for some reason I read "Shane" and thought "Darrell". This show is too damn long between seasons.
Old July 17 2012, 03:29 AM   #12
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oh no no no no.....they're not dumb enough to get rid of Darrell. Darrell rocks, and I suspect TPTB have picked up on that fact. Rick and Darrell are headed for bromance city. I've never read the comics, but I suspect he'll be like a lieutenant to Rick and be the friend Shane never was. Hell, he's definitely not in love with Olive Oyl, so the bromance should be smooth sailing.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old July 17 2012, 04:14 AM   #13
Dream
Admiral

People! It's spelled Daryl.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2012, 05:02 AM   #14
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

When I see it spelled that way I think of Daryl Hannah.

Old July 17 2012, 05:11 AM   #15
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Oh no no no no.....they're not dumb enough to get rid of Darrell. Darrell rocks, and I suspect TPTB have picked up on that fact. Rick and Darrell are headed for bromance city. I've never read the comics, but I suspect he'll be like a lieutenant to Rick and be the friend Shane never was. Hell, he's definitely not in love with Olive Oyl, so the bromance should be smooth sailing.
he wasn't a character in the comics he was created for the show. But he's been so popular he's being introduced into the comics.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote