The Next Generation Shower Curtain
By: T'Bonz on May 1

Burton Part of Roots Reboot
By: T'Bonz on May 1

May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old July 22 2012, 09:40 PM   #106
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: 50TH Anniversary rumor

Any involvment might just be interviews etc or something related to a possible Theme Night for DW.

After all the Beeb has done theme nights before and DW is one of it's highest rated shows, one of it's longest shows etc..

I would be more suprised for there not to be some sort of Theme night, whether that be on BBC One, Two (more likely than One) or Three.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 10:11 PM   #107
Lonemagpie
Writer

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Any involvment might just be interviews etc or something related to a possible Theme Night for DW.
He was saying more specifically that one season wasn't enough to get into a character and that a second run is where he'd find his feet...

Don't get too excited TV-wise, though- a couple of years ago he said he "suppose I'll do some of those radio ones" - which seems to imply Big Finish (some McGanns air on BBC Radio 7). In that instance, BF aren't allowed (yet) to do anything with post-McGann Who, but perhaps Nine is going to be allowed soon...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 08:20 PM   #108
Redfern
Commodore

Emh wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of this one. Excellent read.
Or, if one doesn't want to mess with PDF files, here's the page by page on-line archive.

http://comics.shipsinker.com/archive.php?arc=10doctors

I love how he had the 4th Doctor try to upstage the others, only to have the others scowl at him.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 09:08 PM   #109
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

StCoop wrote: View Post
We have 6 other living Doctor's of which one has ruled himself out leaving Doctor's 4-8 and 10 for possible re-appearence. Leaving 10 aside from Doctor's 4-8.
Colin Baker has also said he's not interested.
The feeling is mutual.
Old July 23 2012, 09:25 PM   #110
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
We have 6 other living Doctor's of which one has ruled himself out leaving Doctor's 4-8 and 10 for possible re-appearence. Leaving 10 aside from Doctor's 4-8.
The feeling is mutual.
No. It's not. And bite your tongue!
Old July 23 2012, 09:27 PM   #111
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^ Itth thtill mutua'
Old July 23 2012, 09:31 PM   #112
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

The feeling is mutual.
word.
Saga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 09:59 PM   #113
ClayinCA
Commodore

The feeling is mutual.
I most profoundly disagree. A multi-Doctor story without the Sixth Doctor scarcely bears thinking about.
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2012, 01:09 AM   #114
The Wormhole
Admiral

I'm surprised Colin Baker isn't interested in returning. It would be understandable given his term as the Doctor was rough on him. But then he's been generally positive about Doctor Who over the years, always attending conventions, contributing commentaries and interviews to the DVDs and even doing audio dramas for Big Finish. I would have thought he'd be gauranteed for the 50th anniversary.
Old July 24 2012, 10:44 AM   #115
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Baker has explained his initial "not interested" comment:
At that event you said you wouldn’t be interested in getting involved with a 50th anniversary special next year. Really?

I said it purely to irritate. ’Cos they’d all said: ‘yeah yeah, I’d be interested’ so to provoke a reaction I said: ‘I wouldn’t’. And nobody took me up on it! I thought they’d ask me why and I’d say: ‘Well I might if they were nice to me’, but I never got the opportunity. So it was a gag that fell like a lead lump and didn’t go any further!

So if Steven Moffat calls, I’ll tell him you’re available?

Do you know, it’s not going to happen. They don’t need us – the programme is doing extremely well without us. Also, every time someone asks me that question I hold up a photograph of myself when I played the part, compared to what I look like now, and say, ‘OK, how do you deal with that?’ With four of us, all of whom have moved on – some less gracefully than others. You know, Peter still looks a bit like what he looked like, but I’ve changed.

It’s Doctor Who – I’m sure they could get round that.

I suppose they could. And in theory, I’m neither for nor against it. There would be two big questions I would ask: The first is, is my Doctor going to get a fair crack of the whip in the story, and not be eclipsed by anybody else? Because you want parity. And the other one is, what vast fortune are you offering me? I’d be quite brutal about myself and say, if they offered me a million quid, I’d go on and say one line for them. If they offered me a tenner, I wouldn’t.
link
Old July 24 2012, 11:03 AM   #116
Starkers
Admiral

Well at least he's honest...
Old July 24 2012, 11:16 AM   #117
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

In a way the fact Colin has changed matters least compared with the other 80s Doctors. We never got a close look at the sixth Doctor at regeneration. We just know he still had his hair, which looked slightly wig like
Old July 25 2012, 03:26 AM   #118
Joy
Commodore

I want Colin Baker for the 50th Anniversary. That's all I want and all I ask for.

Couldn't they do something like they did with the Big Finish 50th where all the previous Doctors played other characters and were only the Doctor in the final bit? It would take away any doubts about their looks or whatever.

And honestly, no matter what Colin says, I don't care if he looks different. They all do, even Peter. I totally buy the "time differential" thing.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 04:28 AM   #119
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

It would be good to see paul McGann's doctor back,we only got to see him once,and would tennant reprise his role again?.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 02:03 PM   #120
The Wormhole
Admiral

Mr Pointy Ears wrote: View Post
would tennant reprise his role again?.
When Tennant left he said he's looking forward to returning for the 50th anniversary. And he is enough of a Doctor Who fanboy that I don't see why he would turn it down.