Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old July 11 2012, 09:12 PM   #46
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: 50TH Anniversary rumor

Well we know one has the nickname "Ten Inch" so there is an obvious leader out the gate.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 09:17 PM   #47
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Well we know one has the nickname "Ten Inch" so there is an obvious leader out the gate.
And there's apparently video proof of Eccelston

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 09:29 PM   #48
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

An Tom Baker talked alot about his in his autobiography.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 10:47 PM   #49
The Wormhole
Admiral

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
If we could only have one Doctor return for a 50th Anniversary, I think I would pick the 8th.

And have them meet each shortly before the Doctor uses 'the moment' to end the time war. Or why/how the Doctor comes to posses it, and devel maybe a bit into his reasons for using it (yes I know why it is used, to prevent the Time Lords from ending time).
Maybe "the moment" is something that requires 2 Timelords to use, or at least activate.

Then 11 would have to, knowingly, help 8 start whatever it was he used to finish the Time War.
Agreed. This also gives him some proper closure. Lifetimes later he makes the same decision again, confirming it is the right one, though perhaps with the rescue of some of his people unbeknownst to his earlier incarnation.
I would be very surprised if the Time War were ever re-visited. That was RTD's story, and with him gone, there's nothing else to do with the Time War. Note that since Moffat took over, there have only been two rather vague mentions of the Time War.

Last edited by The Wormhole; July 12 2012 at 02:51 AM.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 10:56 PM   #50
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
Please dont let this lead to a thread that asks what Doctor has the biggest penis! LOL
I won't, but you sure did!

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 11:59 PM   #51
Candlelight
Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Maybe "the moment" is something that requires 2 Timelords to use, or at least activate.

Then 11 would have to, knowingly, help 8 start whatever it was he used to finish the Time War.
Agreed. This also gives him some proper closure. Lifetimes later he makes the same decision again, confirming it is the right one, though perhaps with the rescue of some of his people unbeknownst to his earlier incarnation.
I would be very surprised if the Time War were ever re-visited. Taht was RTD's story, and with him gone, there's nothing else to do with the Time War. Note that since Moffat took over, there have only been two rather vague mentions of the Time War.
I would rather not see it unless we had a big budget for it. And I wouldn't want Moffat handling it anyway.
Old July 12 2012, 03:15 AM   #52
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Since Eccelston has sworn off Doctor Who, that leaves us 6 prior Doctors to work with plus Matt Smith
Which is a shame, since my favorite multi-Doctor story in my head features a brief but hilarious encounter between the 9th & 11th Doctors.

Overall, it would involve multiple teams of Doctors roving around a maze (possibly within the TARDIS itself), trying to [science] the [science]. Some Doctors would work with each other. Others would set off on their own. Some Doctors would have a major role. Others would just be a brief cameo. Still others wouldn't be seen at all, just spoken of.

I suddenly got this idea that no one else would want to work with the 7th Doctor because they're afraid of being sucked into one of his masterplans.

11th Doctor: "Oh no, no, no! Don't listen to him! He's scheming. He's got his scheming face on. I can see it. See, he's even got his scheming jumper on. Have you looked at yourself? All those question marks? Have you ever heard of trying too hard?"

BTW, there's this fanfilm online called "How to Stop a Time Lord." It's a surprisingly good 10th/11th team-up. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is a fanfilm. The production values and acting leave something to be desired. (English does not seem to be the first language for any of the actors.) But it does a very good job of capturing the madcap tone of the series with all of the fast talking & running down corridors. The interaction between the 2 Doctors feels authentic and very funny and you see enough glimmers of promise that I'd like to see a professional remake with Tennant & Smith. Although, even with the amateur level of fanfilm acting here, the guy playing the 10th Doctor has captured enough of Tennant's mannerisms (and looks a lot like him if you don't get a good look) that it often feels like he's captured about 70% of the real thing.
http://silverwolfpet.com/doctor-who-...op-a-timelord/

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
How about a season where each episode features revisiting a past companion, ending up with a finale featuring Ian Chesterton?
Agreed. It could be particularly interesting if it mostly involved the companions who weren't left behind on present day Earth, like Susan, Steven, Jamie, Zoe, Romana, Nyssa, Turlough, and possibly Ace. I mean, it would be so easy to bring Zoe back on an otherwise unrelated space station/research outpost under siege story.
Old July 12 2012, 10:54 AM   #53
Lonemagpie
Writer

And there's apparently video proof of Eccelston
And there's certainly photographic proof from a stage play that "Ten-inch" is a considerable misnomer!

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 10:58 AM   #54
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Maybe he's a grower?
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 11:20 AM   #55
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Maybe he's a grower?
Or there was shrinkage maybe?
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 01:40 PM   #56
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

I hope they do a multi-Doctor story, and I hope they do it as a comedy. No Time War, no Omega, no villain who threatens to destroy the universe. That kind of thing can only work if it's done with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
Old July 12 2012, 03:15 PM   #57
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Maybe he's a grower?
"Hey, it was cold in that theater"

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 04:47 PM   #58
Lonemagpie
Writer

Maybe he's a grower?
"Hey, it was cold in that theater"
That never stopped McKellen... Whom Patrick Stewart described (when sharing a dressing room) as "intimidating"!

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2012, 08:49 PM   #59
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
StCoop wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
We have 6 other living Doctor's of which one has ruled himself out leaving Doctor's 4-8 and 10 for possible re-appearence. Leaving 10 aside from Doctor's 4-8.
Colin Baker has also said he's not interested.
I thought he said that he couldn't see it happening, not that he'd say no if asked.
Both Colin Baker and Peter Davison have said they don't think it's likely to happen. Colin Baker also said he was "neither for nor against" the idea:
"There would be two big questions I would ask: the first is, is my Doctor going to get a fair crack of the whip in the story, and not be eclipsed by anybody else? And the other one is, what vast fortune are you offering me? I'd be quite brutal... and say, if they offered me a million quid, I'd go on and say one line for them. If they offered me a tenner, I wouldn't."
Which isn't quite "not interested," but also isn't terribly enthusiastic, especially about doing it merely to push fan nostalgia buttons.
Old July 12 2012, 09:16 PM   #60
Tom
Rear Admiral

Rather than a multi-doctor story, for the 50th anniversary maybe they should just have the story of how a younger first doctor left gallify etc..

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote