Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old July 10 2012, 10:21 PM   #16
StCoop
Commodore

Re: 50TH Anniversary rumor

MacLeod wrote: View Post
We have 6 other living Doctor's of which one has ruled himself out leaving Doctor's 4-8 and 10 for possible re-appearence. Leaving 10 aside from Doctor's 4-8.
Colin Baker has also said he's not interested.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2012, 10:21 PM   #17
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Am I the only one who'd like a more original anniversary story than just a multi-Doctor thing *again*, bringing back past Doctors?

How about a season where each episode features revisiting a past companion, ending up with a finale featuring Ian Chesterton?
I would like that Series Long idea, with each episode featuring someone different, but, I'd want it to be Doctors and Companions, in a perfect world

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2012, 10:37 PM   #18
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

i remember seeing an interview with Tom on youtube where he said he most likely wouldn't come back for the 50th anniversary.
Old July 10 2012, 10:46 PM   #19
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
How about a season where each episode features revisiting a past companion, ending up with a finale featuring Ian Chesterton?
Can't we have both?
Agreed, I want both.

Honestly, as much as I want all of the surviving Doctors to return, I think I want William Russell to return as Ian Chesterton even more. More than anything else, I would love the dichotomy of the young-looking Doctor alongside the old companion. That and it's bloody Ian Chesterton!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2012, 11:06 PM   #20
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

maybe just do a multi-companion story. Ian, Jamie, Jo Grant, Peri, and Ace team up to save the Doctor or somesuch.
Old July 10 2012, 11:29 PM   #21
Lonemagpie
Writer

I just think the whole "anniversary=multi Doctors" thing is a really boring conceit that only worked once (The Three Doctors)...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2012, 11:56 PM   #22
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

If we could only have one Doctor return for a 50th Anniversary, I think I would pick the 8th.

And have them meet each shortly before the Doctor uses 'the moment' to end the time war. Or why/how the Doctor comes to posses it, and devel maybe a bit into his reasons for using it (yes I know why it is used, to prevent the Time Lords from ending time).
Maybe "the moment" is something that requires 2 Timelords to use, or at least activate.

Then 11 would have to, knowingly, help 8 start whatever it was he used to finish the Time War.

I, for one, would love to see any and all living actors return for the anniversary, Tom most of all. A curly wig & some makeup would do.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 12:15 AM   #23
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

StCoop wrote: View Post
We have 6 other living Doctor's of which one has ruled himself out leaving Doctor's 4-8 and 10 for possible re-appearence. Leaving 10 aside from Doctor's 4-8.
Colin Baker has also said he's not interested.
WHAT!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old July 11 2012, 12:18 AM   #24
DWF
Vice Admiral

I would love to see the 8th Doctor return as well, my idea though was a flashback story told by the 11th Doctor.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 01:10 AM   #25
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

I'm not enthusiastic about the idea of Moffat writing a multi-Doctor adventure. Based on "The Pandorica Opens," "A Good Man Goes to War," and "The Wedding of River Song," he'd write a fanwank that makes "The Five Doctors" look positively restrained.

However, if Moffat does want to do the multi-Doctor route, I'd hope he would do something original. The eleventh Doctor and a pre-"Unearthly Child" first Doctor (before he'd even left Gallifrey) would be perfect. (And I imagine that Benedict Cumberbatch could nail the irascible assholishness of a young first Doctor very well.)

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 02:13 AM   #26
Candlelight
Admiral

On the flipside I'm still hoping for a tv movie similar to ITV's The Road to Coronation Street.
Old July 11 2012, 02:16 AM   #27
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Candlelight wrote: View Post
On the flipside I'm still hoping for a tv movie similar to ITV's The Road to Coronation Street.
There were rumors a few months ago that Mark Gatiss was writing a script for the very thing.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 02:39 AM   #28
Saga
Rear Admiral

my wish is for a tv movie starring the 8th Doctor that covers the Time War.
Old July 11 2012, 03:56 AM   #29
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
However, if Moffat does want to do the multi-Doctor route, I'd hope he would do something original. The eleventh Doctor and a pre-"Unearthly Child" first Doctor (before he'd even left Gallifrey) would be perfect. (And I imagine that Benedict Cumberbatch could nail the irascible assholishness of a young first Doctor very well.)
I've noticed a number of people (not just here) have been suggesting a multi-Doctor adventure including a pre-"An Unearthly Child" Doctor and I've been mostly against, but I have to say the idea of Benedict Cumberbatch playing a young First Doctor is inspired. I doubt it'll happen but I would love it nonetheless.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2012, 03:56 AM   #30
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
If we could only have one Doctor return for a 50th Anniversary, I think I would pick the 8th.

And have them meet each shortly before the Doctor uses 'the moment' to end the time war. Or why/how the Doctor comes to posses it, and devel maybe a bit into his reasons for using it (yes I know why it is used, to prevent the Time Lords from ending time).
Maybe "the moment" is something that requires 2 Timelords to use, or at least activate.

Then 11 would have to, knowingly, help 8 start whatever it was he used to finish the Time War.
Agreed. This also gives him some proper closure. Lifetimes later he makes the same decision again, confirming it is the right one, though perhaps with the rescue of some of his people unbeknownst to his earlier incarnation.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is online now   Reply With Quote