May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 16 2012, 11:56 PM   #241
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

The entire second run could be Walt when he comes back. We might not see much of him in New Hampshire.
Old August 17 2012, 01:12 AM   #242
MadOnion
Lieutenant

sidious618 wrote: View Post
The entire second run could be Walt when he comes back. We might not see much of him in New Hampshire.
I agree we won't probably see much of him in New Hampshire, but that machine gun screams to me "final episode".
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 01:58 AM   #243
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

MadOnion wrote: View Post
sidious618 wrote: View Post
I agree we won't probably see much of him in New Hampshire, but that machine gun screams to me "final episode".
That would be nice symmetry; the pilot begins with his birthday and the finale ends with his birthday.
Old August 17 2012, 02:02 AM   #244
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

I don't think the show will make us wait until the finale; that's not BB's style as it's exactly what we'd expect.
Old August 17 2012, 07:35 AM   #245
MadOnion
Lieutenant

I disagree, they made us wait all season 2 to find out what was floating in the pool and why. We might get another tease before the end, but I think whatever he does with the machine gun has got to be near the end. Maybe not the very last episode, but very near the end.
Old August 17 2012, 01:02 PM   #246
stj
Rear Admiral

Hank goes down. The only way he doesn't is if Walt is never caught by the authorities but is taken out by competitors or Jesse but gets away with it. I read Hank as the antagonist, so I don't see this as an honest ending, but the pressure to give Walt some sort of win or turn it into a tragic hero redeemed by sacrifice, just because he's so cool must be overwhelming. (Though I hope not.)

As to the pipe, yes they would have some idea where the tanker would be and how long the train would be. The cars are arranged in the order they are dropped off, the first being delivered at the rear of the train. Since this was a regular run (established in the dialogue) they would know how many engines there were, which would limit the number of cars. As for the rest, I assumed they just had more hose in the truck.
Old August 17 2012, 05:18 PM   #247
Harvey
Admiral

They foreshadowed Hank's downfall (or possible downfall) rather strongly in the scene where his old boss left in disgrace and had Hank take his place. Just as his old boss didn't know Gus Fring was a bad guy while he was under his nose, Hank doesn't know Walt is a bad guy in the same position. And like his old boss, Hank will have to take the fall, regardless of the circumstances.

The only possible complication here is that Hank made a stink about Gus that his boss didn't really listen to. If Hank ends up being the one to make a stink about Walt, it might be enough for him to keep his job.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 11:05 PM   #248
Mojochi
Commodore

Harvey wrote: View Post
The only possible complication here is that Hank made a stink about Gus that his boss didn't really listen to. If Hank ends up being the one to make a stink about Walt, it might be enough for him to keep his job.
Or the Gus thing could be seen as Hank having inside info, & using his position to throw Gus under the bus in order to protect Walt or serve his interests, as a member of his family. Things could go much worse for Hank than just losing his job. He could be looked at as an accessory. Finding out about Walt now could likely ruin him
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 12:41 AM   #249
Harvey
Admiral

I doubt he would be prosecuted, almost certainly not successfully. There's no evidence for such a case. It will probably cost him his job, though, unless he's the one to bring Walt down (and it might even then).

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 07:23 AM   #250
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Meth money paid for his rehab.

His only way to stay out of jail is to help Walt and clean up behind him, because it looks like he is already helping Walt and cleaning up behind him.

Besides, after Hank kills Walt, he might end up in a fight to the death with Marie and Skylar, and then it gets down to Marie deciding if she has to shoot her husband or her sister...

They want Walt's kids.

That could be incentive enough.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 08:02 AM   #251
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Let's face it. As rough around the edges as Hank is, Holly would be one thousand times better off being raised by him and flaky Marie than by Walter and a slowly unspooling Skyler.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 08:59 PM   #252
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Harvey wrote: View Post
Or the Gus thing could be seen as Hank having inside info, & using his position to throw Gus under the bus in order to protect Walt or serve his interests, as a member of his family. Things could go much worse for Hank than just losing his job. He could be looked at as an accessory. Finding out about Walt now could likely ruin him
No it wouldn't. If Hank found out about Walt/Hiesenberg, and busted him, he would be the biggest hero in the southwest division of the DEA. The fact that Walt and Skylar used drug money to partially pay for his recovery would be easily explained, after all Walt was his brother-in-law and Skylar his sister-in-law and Hank didn't know that the money was drug related.

The only way Hank might be looked at as an accessory would be if after finding out about about Walt, he helped him or ignored the situation. But doing either of these two things would require writing Hank out of character. I don't envision that happening.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2012, 12:30 AM   #253
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

But Marie would.

that bitch is crazy.

If she found out before Hank.

If Marie keeps the secret long enough, Hank is in the shit because he will not want to sell out his wife even for his honour.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2012, 12:37 AM   #254
MadOnion
Lieutenant

I think it will be best for the story to leave Hank in both positions by the end. Yeah, he did bring down Heisenburg, but WTF dude, you were buried pretty deep in that one. Leave this one up for the audience to decide.
Old August 19 2012, 05:08 AM   #255
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Episode still from 5x06 Nothing terribly spoilery about actual episode events, and yet.....

https://p.twimg.com/A0X5bzHCQAAXO2X.jpg:large

I never saw that coming. I wonder what brought this meeting about.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote