Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 15 2012, 05:46 AM   #196
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

Somebody on another message board pointed this out:

Foreshadowing much?
Old August 15 2012, 06:31 AM   #197
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Foreshadowing much?
On all levels. After Walt inevitably dies as a result of this and many events that he's set in motion, and Skyler ends up in prison for aiding and abetting, Hank and Marie will have to raise Holly. Holly's the only lucky one in the deal.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 10:53 AM   #198
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

OK, OK ... here's where I step in to complain, Dorian. For all the complaining about how people don't seem to like Skyler, you really seem to have it in for Walter. What gives?
Old August 15 2012, 10:56 AM   #199
MadOnion
Lieutenant

How about Skyler goes nuts and drowns the baby to "protect" it from Walt? Too dark?
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 11:00 AM   #200
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm imagining the hypothetical season after Walt dies.

The rise of Skylar.

All the things she has to do to keep Walt did buried, otherwise she loses her family and the drug money.

Hank is completely compromised after taking that money for his rehab.

She can make him dance.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 02:20 PM   #201
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

OK, OK ... here's where I step in to complain, Dorian. For all the complaining about how people don't seem to like Skyler, you really seem to have it in for Walter. What gives?
I assume you're being facetious.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old August 15 2012, 03:34 PM   #202
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Another great episode but I have to be a bit nit picky.

Walt and crew Knew the tanker would be marked but how would anyone but the train line know what position that particular tanker would be in that particular part of the track.
They could have made several stops before that spot on the track and picked up/dropped off more cars or tankers plus the fact that all the measuring in the world isn't going to tell you exactly where the train would stop, what if it stopped another 50-60 feet back?
They only had so much hose, even if they missed it by a few feet the whole caper would be a bust.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 04:21 PM   #203
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Trubinator wrote: View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I've got it in for Walter, too. I had some sympathy for him in the beginning. Now? Now, I want to see him suffer for what he's done, and then die.

Skyler should pay for her part in it, too.

Mike's no saint, either, and his lifestyle should put him in a grave soon.

Saul's a scumbag who I imagine will keep on scumbagging long after Walt's empire is gone.

Out of those directly involved, though, I think Jesse is the most "salvageable." He tries to do the least bad thing in any given situation, so clearly he's developed a conscience, but it seems fear and moral cowardice keep him from either walking away or outright ending this thing he's helped create.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 04:38 PM   #204
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

Wow, that promo looks quite promising.

"I'm in the empire business." Oh man, Walt's hubris is kind of fun but his downfall will be epic.
Old August 15 2012, 04:39 PM   #205
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Skyler's definitely complicit in helping Walter launder the money and using it to pay Hank's bills. That's why she's so screwed if she comes forward. I hope Hank and Marie are willing to raise Holly because Skyler may be in the big house for awhile.

I agree, Mike's in too deep and Walter has gone off the deep end times a hundred. He'll do whatever it takes to keep from getting caught. Jesse is the only one who has a chance to walk away and have a normal life. He doesn't have a felony record. He could drive a truck, do construction. He's not stupid. Will he have the guts, though? He's emotionally addicted to Walter's approval. It's on Jesse at this point.

Old August 15 2012, 04:49 PM   #206
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I do love the way the show has turned things around so that Jesse, who used to seem like the weak link in Walt's drug scheme, now has the power to make or break it. He's the most savvy of them all. He's not ambitious or proud like Walt, and not jaded or amoral like Mike. He's not well-spoken, but he's smart and deliberate.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 05:07 PM   #207
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Trubinator wrote: View Post
Because he's a murderer and has repeatedly fucked over Jesse, a boy who looks up to him like Walt is his father? There's a ton of reasons to dislike Walt. I mean, if you're looking to take sides with characters then Walt isn't the guy you should be siding with!
Old August 15 2012, 06:04 PM   #208
davejames
Vice Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Yeah, Hank's got to have that "drop the coffee cup" moment soon. He's got to....and boy is he going to be pissed off from hell that Walter has duped him this long and made him look bad.
Well if the series really took place over the 4 years it's been airing, then yeah. But considering it's only been a year from their perspective, I think we can forgive Hank for not putting it all together yet.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see someone do a timeline of the entire series so far, with all the major events and when they occurred during this "one year" (I did a google search, but didn't really see much out there).
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 06:12 PM   #209
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Count Zero wrote: View Post
Wow, that promo looks quite promising.

"I'm in the empire business." Oh man, Walt's hubris is kind of fun but his downfall will be epic.
Link?
Old August 15 2012, 06:18 PM   #210
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

Linky.