Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

View Poll Results: Would Kathryn kill Hitler on Purpose?
Of course, what's the worst that could happen? 7 38.89%
Of course not, the worst could happen! 11 61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 30 2012, 03:39 AM   #1
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Would Janeway kill Hitler?

She doesn't understand time travel.

If kathy thinks that putting bullet through Uncle Adolfs Brain in 1934 would generate a happier timelime, and she was presented with the opportunity, would Voyager's Captain have the stones to carry through with such slipshod convictions?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 03:46 AM   #2
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: Would Janeway kill Hitler?

What would she find harder, killing Hitler or not saving Edith Keeler?

Neither of them is 7 so she might actually feel attached to the timeline they exist in and not be inclined to mess with it.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 03:51 AM   #3
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

Why not?

I mean, she essentially blasted this one off of a three-story building at point-blank range with a 24th-century shotgun blast. I'd consider it practice for the Fuhrer himself.
Old July 30 2012, 03:55 AM   #4
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Maybe if Hitler died the butterfly effect through time would mean she got to keep her dog. Would she kill Hitler for her dog? I think so.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 30 2012, 03:56 AM   #5
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

That gave me a creepy mental image of the end of "Year of Hell, Part II", except it's Hitler and Eva Braun.

What the...
Old July 30 2012, 05:03 AM   #6
R. Star
Rear Admiral

I just had an image of Janeway and Hitler being lovers and ruling the entire galaxy in an oppressive totalitarian government.
Old July 30 2012, 05:06 AM   #7
teacake
Fleet Admiral

He's way too ugly.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 30 2012, 06:13 AM   #8
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She made out with Cashak, so owning a chain of concentration camps is questionably not a deal breaker for Kathryn.

Pulling that bastard out of time, before he went bad, and trying to rehabilitate an Adolph Hitler in his early 20s, might be easier on the eyes... Might make him "physically" acceptable?

A bullet seems so much more concise.

However, no matter what you did to the original, you would have to leave behind a clone or a robot to full up his position in history, which makes then Hitler innocent and the builders of the robot guilty for being slaves to predestination.

Old July 30 2012, 06:15 AM   #9
teacake
Fleet Admiral

In other words, she would nix the mo.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 30 2012, 06:25 AM   #10
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm using sensible rules to contain fallout.

That's not how Kathy thinks.

She sees an opportunity and pounces.

Passionately.

Do you really think that Janeway would surgically alter Kim to replace the fuhrer for how so many decades untill 1945?

Pishaw.

Janeway would just massdrive the 1936 Olympic Games.

Or get him in his Jail Cell after that failed coup during the 20s before he finished his book.

Old July 30 2012, 07:10 AM   #11
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Do you really think that Janeway would surgically alter Kim to replace the fuhrer for how so many decades untill 1945?
You know when you think about Kim's record with women and the fact that all of Hitler's lovers commited suicide, this makes a lot of sense.
Old July 30 2012, 07:34 AM   #12
RPJOB
Commander

Janeway would try to kill Hitler but hit Eleanor Roosevelt by mistake.
RPJOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 08:15 AM   #13
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Voyager hallway. Janeway and Chakotay are walking quickly towards the briefing room, speaking intensely.

Chakotay: Just think Kathryn, we have the opportunity to rid the world of one of the worst mass murderers that the world has ever seen!

Janeway: You said world twice, you need to brush up on your persuasive language skills.

Chakotay: Be that as it may Kathryn, we cannot let this opportunity pass.. I believe we are at just this juncture in time for a reason.

Janeway: I'm listening.

Chakotay: Just before we entered this fluidic time space rupture I was on a vision quest. In it I saw a great woman warrior. She stood thigh deep in a mighty river. Before her was a black and horrible insect, so filled with toxins that the whole world trembled in fear of it. The great woman warrior was poised to strike it with a battleaxe but to do so would alter the flow of the river and so she hesitated.

Janeway: How could a battleaxe alter the flow of a river--just how huge is this woman warrior?

Chakotay: She filled the sky.

Janeway, touching Chakotay's arm: So tell me, what did she do?

Chakotay: The com sounded, the Doctor was reminding me about my medical exam. I never saw what decision the woman warrior made.

Janeway and Chakotay enter the briefing room. Tuvok is sitting at the table, several padds in front of him. He stands as the captain enters.

Tuvok: Captain, I have finished running the simulations and I believe I have determined the probability for good outweighing bad should you choose to alter the timeline in this manner.

Janeway: And?

Tuvok: By removing Hitler from the timeline before his rise to power the second and third world wars will be prevented. Warp capable travel will be developed by 2023 and when the Vulcans make first contact humans will have settlements on Mars and Earth's moon. Medicine will be advanced at least 200 years ahead of the current timeline as the research invested in wars will have been spent on the sciences. Of course this is theoretical but the simulations overwhelmingly show a prosperous and peaceful history for humanity without this one man's rise to power.

Janeway, looking at Chakotay: Well I think I've heard enough. I believe some rivers need to be diverted, for the greater good.

Tuvok raises his eyebrow

Janeway: Mr. Tuvok let B'Elanna know we will be needing the transfluidic drive, we're not leaving this point in history until we take care of some very important business.

Tuvok: There is one thing you should know Captain.

Janeway: Yes?

Tuvok: I took the liberty of running our own personnel histories through the simulator. The crew survives the change to the timeline intact, with one exception. The ancestors of the Hansens are no longer in the timeline. I have not been able to determine the cause but every simulation has had the same result. Annika Hansen will never be born.

The viewscreen comes on and we see the Doctor looking impatient, holding up a latex gloved hand.

The Doctor: Commander Chakotay, do you think this lube grows on trees? If I don't see you in my sickbay in the next 3 minutes I will have to bring this matter up with the Captain. I don't care how many timelines you are altering, you need to keep up with your medical exams.

Janeway: He's free to go Doctor, no one is playing God today. Mr. Paris, takes us through the rupture and back to where we belong, warp factor 6.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; July 30 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old July 30 2012, 08:34 AM   #14
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

I lost it as soon as Chakotay mentioned "fluidic time space rupture" and "vision quest" in the same sentence, and mostly, I didn't stop laughing the rest of the way.
Old July 30 2012, 08:42 AM   #15
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Man, between that faux-excerpt and the teaser for 4x25 "One", I am realizing I should have declined my friend's offer for one more beer.

Everything is hilarious. But then, I think that teaser was always funny, anyway.