RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 144,505
Posts: 5,675,835
Members: 25,623
Currently online: 385
Newest member: steve123

TrekToday headlines

Trek-Themed Roku Home Screen
By: T'Bonz on Apr 20

July Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Apr 20

Star Trek Vegas Convention Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Apr 20

Retro Review: Parallax
By: Michelle on Apr 17

New ThinkGeek Trek Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Online Adds Voyager Actor
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Project Enterprise Campaign Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Star Trek Live In Concert Update
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Crofoot: Angel One And The Offspring
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Inner Light Screenwriter Brooklyn Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 21 2014, 03:33 AM   #571
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Wolverine should wear his classic costume etc. They're not using their property to the fullest potential.
When I first heard Dinklage was in this I was thinking of Puck but apparently not. I suppose that's probably too obvious but I think he'd be awesome.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 03:37 AM   #572
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
I suppose the reason that TIH isn't acknowledged on that poster is the fact that TIH was made by Universal, while everything else was Paramount.
Paramount and Universal were both just distributors. The Incredible Hulk probably isn't listed because it's the one MCU film that underperformed at the box office and it starred Ed Norton, who has since been replaced in the part.
__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 04:29 AM   #573
Trekker4747
Out there, somewhere...
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Yeah, I'd argue that TIH is only canon at this point "in theory."
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 04:31 AM   #574
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

The line in Avengers, "The last time I was in New York, I sort of broke... Harlem." is a direct reference to TIH.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 04:41 AM   #575
Trekker4747
Out there, somewhere...
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Indeed it is. Your point?

Not to say "TIH" "didn't happen" just that it's sort-of the red-haired step child of the MCU, further complicated by the fact of the cast change for Banner. It "happened", sure, but with Ruffalo instead of Norton which alone sort of blurs the movie.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 05:25 AM   #576
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

My point, obviously, is that TIH is not canon "in theory", but in fact.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 05:32 AM   #577
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Everything in TIH happened. It's not canon in theory or even semi-canon. Think of the movies like comic books. Different artists draw the characters differently. Doesn't mean they're different characters or that the stories that took place when one artist was on the comic stopped being canon when the next artist took over.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 10:37 AM   #578
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Replace "contemporary" with "of the past 30 years".
True enough.

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Also, so-called "scare quotes" around "sci fi".
More like "sarcasm quotes."

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
I don't recall anyone saying anything about Dark Shadows. The tone in the full-length trailers felt like a comedy there. We can't say the same about GOTG yet because we only have a teaser.
Same thing, though. As soon as the teasers or trailers or previews or whatever started coming out, people started proclaiming hopefully that the movie wouldn't be that goofy-- and look what happened.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDiogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 01:24 PM   #579
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation
 
Alidar Jarok's Avatar
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

What happened is they got a full trailer next. I'm saying wait until then because it'll give a more accurate picture (although movies like Bridge to Terabithia we're marketed with deliberately misleading trailers so you can never tell). Not that I personally care if it's goofy, it sounds like it'll have a good heart.
__________________
When on Romulus, Do as the Romulans
Alidar Jarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 02:02 PM   #580
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
View Mr Light's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

They mentioned Blonsky being in a jail cell in Alaska in a recent SHIELD episode as well.
__________________
Z List Author. www.derekbeebe.com
Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 02:11 PM   #581
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation
 
Alidar Jarok's Avatar
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

BTW, Groot talks in the comics, right? I'm hoping they didn't hire Vin Diesel because they liked his voice work in The Iron Giant.
__________________
When on Romulus, Do as the Romulans
Alidar Jarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 02:25 PM   #582
Shazam!
Rear Admiral
 
Shazam!'s Avatar
 
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
BTW, Groot talks in the comics, right? I'm hoping they didn't hire Vin Diesel because they liked his voice work in The Iron Giant.
I am Groot!
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 06:19 PM   #583
Caligula
Vice Admiral
 
Caligula's Avatar
 
Location: Knoxville, TN USA
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

Karen Gillan looks pretty cool in the half second they show her.
Immortalized in gif format to be seen over and over.



I approve!

Regarding the (astute) Firefly/Serenity comparisons... Director James Gunn has experience working with Nathan Fillion on "Slither" (which also starred Michael Rooker)... not to mention Gunn's own history with Troma... so I'm not at all surprised to see this level of humor, or that Star-Lord is similar to Malcolm Reynolds.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 07:03 PM   #584
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

He's far closer to John Crichton, right down to being a kidnapped astronaut with a tape recorder and red jacket.

In fact, the whole trailer screams "Farscape," right down to the overall make-up of the group. Aeryn Sun = Gamora. Groot = Zhaan. D'argo = Drax. Rygel = Rocket (in stature at least).
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 07:06 PM   #585
Caligula
Vice Admiral
 
Caligula's Avatar
 
Location: Knoxville, TN USA
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Well, yeah. There's that, too.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
guardians of the galaxy, marvel, marvel cinematic universe, mcu phase 2

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.