RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,309
Posts: 5,721,167
Members: 25,770
Currently online: 347
Newest member: Hugh_Mann

TrekToday headlines

Where No Garden Gnome Has Gone Before
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Scotland Yard Trekkie Fear
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Koenig Joins Captain Pike Project
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Retro Review: Ex Post Facto
By: Michelle on May 22

Smallwood: Creating The Xindi
By: T'Bonz on May 21

Greenwood Joins O.J. Simpson Series
By: T'Bonz on May 21

The USS Enterprise Building
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Wheaton Guests On Mission Log Podcast
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Pegg: Star Trek 3 Less Trek-Y
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Two Trek Book Covers Unveiled
By: T'Bonz on May 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 7 2014, 05:27 PM   #421
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

I haven't read Uncanny but yes, the Dr. is getting around.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2014, 05:44 PM   #422
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

AvBaur wrote: View Post
So Phase 3 looks like it'll have 6 or 7 movies. We already know about Ant-Man, Thor 3, Captain America 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Avengers 3. Doctor Strange seems like a safe bet, too, which leaves only one potential free slot - maybe for Captain Marvel, Black Panther, or Hulk?
It'll have six films unless they increase to more than two films in any given year. Ant-Man and The Avengers 3 will presumably open and close the phase. Thor 3, Captain America 3, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (if the box office is strong enough for the first film) may well fill three slots. That would leave one slot, with Dr. Strange the strongest contender to fill it.
__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2014, 05:48 PM   #423
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

I think Dr.Strange is among a few characters that could be deemed "strongest contenders" but I think he wins out on the types of various avenues a Strange film could go down.
The MCU doesn't have a mystic/magician/mage that can have stories based in horror, cosmic, magical and super heroes. The versatility is there.

Where the other strong contenders, Black Panther, Inhumans or Ms.Marvel don't offer as many variables.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 02:08 AM   #424
theenglish
Rear Admiral
 
theenglish's Avatar
 
Location: Suriname
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
AvBaur wrote: View Post
So Phase 3 looks like it'll have 6 or 7 movies. We already know about Ant-Man, Thor 3, Captain America 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Avengers 3. Doctor Strange seems like a safe bet, too, which leaves only one potential free slot - maybe for Captain Marvel, Black Panther, or Hulk?
It'll have six films unless they increase to more than two films in any given year. Ant-Man and The Avengers 3 will presumably open and close the phase. Thor 3, Captain America 3, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (if the box office is strong enough for the first film) may well fill three slots. That would leave one slot, with Dr. Strange the strongest contender to fill it.
So no chance of Iron Man IV?
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 02:10 AM   #425
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

^Not in Phase 3.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 02:15 AM   #426
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
View Mr Light's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Downey only signed for Avengers 2 and Avengers 3; no more Iron Man movies.
__________________
Z List Author. www.derekbeebe.com
Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 06:07 AM   #427
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation
 
Alidar Jarok's Avatar
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

One caveat. If all the new franchises tank, there might be an Iron Man 4
__________________
When on Romulus, Do as the Romulans
Alidar Jarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 06:52 AM   #428
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: Spock of Ages
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
I think Dr.Strange is among a few characters that could be deemed "strongest contenders" but I think he wins out on the types of various avenues a Strange film could go down.
The MCU doesn't have a mystic/magician/mage that can have stories based in horror, cosmic, magical and super heroes. The versatility is there.

Where the other strong contenders, Black Panther, Inhumans or Ms.Marvel don't offer as many variables.
Does magic exist in the MCU? The Asgardians are aliens and their magic is just advanced technology. Dr. Strange would be an odd addition without some sort of change in his origins.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 06:57 AM   #429
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

It's never actually been explicitly stated that magic doesn't or can't exist in the MCU, as far as I can recall.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 07:14 AM   #430
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Marissa Tanchareon said this about the upcoming Lorelei appearance on AoS...

"She has the power of sorcery, so that's interesting to see how our team deals with that......Maybe a few are enamored with her."


http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=94186
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 07:32 AM   #431
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: Spock of Ages
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Marissa Tanchareon said this about the upcoming Lorelei appearance on AoS...

"She has the power of sorcery, so that's interesting to see how our team deals with that......Maybe a few are enamored with her."


http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=94186
But being an Asgardian, wouldn't her sorcery actually be "science"?
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 10:36 AM   #432
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Sufficiently advanced technology.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDiogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 10:53 AM   #433
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

But certain things that we've seen Loki do, in particular his illusion casting, seem to come from an innate ability and not a gadget or gizmo.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 12:42 PM   #434
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation
 
Alidar Jarok's Avatar
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
I think Dr.Strange is among a few characters that could be deemed "strongest contenders" but I think he wins out on the types of various avenues a Strange film could go down.
The MCU doesn't have a mystic/magician/mage that can have stories based in horror, cosmic, magical and super heroes. The versatility is there.

Where the other strong contenders, Black Panther, Inhumans or Ms.Marvel don't offer as many variables.
Does magic exist in the MCU? The Asgardians are aliens and their magic is just advanced technology. Dr. Strange would be an odd addition without some sort of change in his origins.
As I understand it, they want to introduce him for the purpose of introducing magic.
__________________
When on Romulus, Do as the Romulans
Alidar Jarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 01:39 PM   #435
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
View Mr Light's Twitter Profile
Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

I would define Loki's illusion casting as magic.
__________________
Z List Author. www.derekbeebe.com
Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
guardians of the galaxy, marvel, marvel cinematic universe, mcu phase 2

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.