The USS Enterprise Building
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Wheaton Guests On Mission Log Podcast

Pegg: Star Trek 3 Less Trek-Y

Two Trek Book Covers Unveiled
By: T'Bonz on May 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 13 2012, 11:50 PM   #226
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Re: The Newsroom.

He was also in a movie called "Lars and the Real Girl" with the actress who plays Mac. Sounds like a movie that might be right up your alley, Guy.
Old August 14 2012, 12:45 AM   #227
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I don't need a full sized, fully poseable, antomically functionally fulled replicant... I'm perfectly chuffed with my Cindy Dolls and a wheelbarrow full of imagination.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 01:34 PM   #228
Australis
Writer

Australis wrote: View Post
^ Pretty great. In the midst of a WW rewatch.
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Yeah, I rewatched Wonder Woman recently too.
I see what you did there.
Old August 14 2012, 09:56 PM   #229
Count Zero
Decidedly something

By the way, is this blackout based on a real event?
Old August 15 2012, 09:16 AM   #230
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Count Zero wrote: View Post
He was also in a movie called "Lars and the Real Girl" with the actress who plays Mac. Sounds like a movie that might be right up your alley, Guy.
I highly recommand it.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 10:50 AM   #231
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You highly recommend going right up my alley?

Well.

Any publicity is good publicity.

Old August 15 2012, 11:40 AM   #232
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Watching it.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2012, 06:12 AM   #233
Count Zero
Decidedly something

My God, that was awesome. Totally sentimental, pathos-laden and unrealistic but it felt just fantastic. I loved how a lot of the things we've seen throughout this season came together at the end.
Poor Sorority Girl, though - she realised too late that everyone working on this show is crazy, well, Will and Mac are batshit insane, anyway.
Old August 27 2012, 12:28 PM   #234
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

So a second i thought that we were going to discover that sorority girl was a plant.

McKenzie fed her the question, 20 bucks and the promise of an internship eventually.

How else would she have that pad ready so quickly?

Old August 27 2012, 02:55 PM   #235
Australis
Writer

^Mmm, maybe, but they would have said.

I loved that ep, for the simple reason it showed several people changing their minds for the better, and that it absolutely nailed the Tea Party. Every single voting American should watch that episode. Every. Single. One.

Why aren't there more shows like this? Why isn't there a for-real news program like that (aside from The Daily Show)?
Old August 27 2012, 03:50 PM   #236
Count Zero
Decidedly something

I think the finale did a good job showing why there isn't such a program in reality.

A couple of days ago, I read a fan fic in which Sorority Girl turned out to be Will's daughter he doesn't know about (this was one of the better stories, the fan fic for this show is really bad ), so for a moment I feared they'd go with that. Don/Sloan became real, too, after all, and that's a ship that made the rounds in fandom a couple of episodes ago.

I wonder what Leona's real motivation is for letting them do their thing. Sure, they have that recording (on which Will also admits being high on the air, though ) of Reese admitting he had phones hacked but all things considered their blackmail attempt was rather amateurish. I love the end of it when Mac tried to be all action-hero-like cool and then didn't know how to finish the sentence and Will told her she couldn't just start sentences like that. Really professional. It had the odd couple feel like a lot of their scenes in that episode. So, maybe Leona was more impressed with them having the guts to try this angle even though it's apparent they aren't even in the same league as her rather than the actual threat.

I also liked that Brian's article turned out to be so negative. It surprised me because from his reactions to some of the stuff he was seeing I surmised he was somewhat impressed and amused. I wonder whether that really was his opinion or whether he tried to be extra negative because he dislikes Will and to have a revenge on Mac. Then again, he kind of had a point which is why Will reacted the way he did. It's interesting that the thing he did to hurt/punish Mac ended up almost killing him.
Old August 28 2012, 11:50 PM   #237
Darth Duck
Commodore

I don't know much about the Greater Fool, but I know about the Greatest Fool: Me, because I watched this whole season. I'm not making that mistake again.
Darth Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2012, 12:24 AM   #238
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Waiting for the Klingon version?
Old August 29 2012, 12:27 AM   #239
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

So the love triangle that everyone hated grew into a love quadrangle, and now it's a love quintangle? The last time I've seen a love story with this many angles was The Ski Lodge episode of Frasier, but at least that episode knew it was doing a farce. What next, will Neal fall in love with Sloan so we can get a love hexangle going? Maybe throw Charlie and Leona in too, make it a love octangle. If Sorkin's not careful, he'll end up with a circle.

"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away." - The immortal Terry Pratchett
TheGodBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2012, 12:34 AM   #240
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Yeah, it's crazy - and we were so close to resolving at least one of them in the finale. Weirdly enough, though, I kinda like it, and I'm normally not a romantic comedy person.