IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 4 2012, 01:12 PM   #331
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

Re: The All-New DALLAS!

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Cliff hasn't done enough evil shit for the noobs to shiver when he walks by like some bugger is whistling the imperial march.
Give him time. He'll probably be more evil if the show gets picked up.

-Maleficent
Adm. Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2012, 03:04 PM   #332
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

The show has already been picked up.

Besides, it's been made plain already that he and J.R. have no interest in settling or dropping the infamous Barnes-Ewing feud. I can easily see Cliff coming back next season and there being more conflict between him and the Ewings.

I just hope we get to see his daughter again. Imagine the fun if she winds up romancing John Ross!
Old August 4 2012, 06:08 PM   #333
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
The show has already been picked up.
Yayy! (I didn't know...)

Besides, it's been made plain already that he and J.R. have no interest in settling or dropping the infamous Barnes-Ewing feud. I can easily see Cliff coming back next season and there being more conflict between him and the Ewings.
Good! This show needs the old timers just as much - if not more than - the young-uns!

I just hope we get to see his daughter again. Imagine the fun if she winds up romancing John Ross!
So John Ross can get beat up by both Cliff and Elena? Cool!

-Maleficent
Old August 4 2012, 07:07 PM   #334
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

^ 15 episodes for season 2 to air sometime in 2013, hopefully early in the year.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2012, 09:19 PM   #335
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

So, any guesses on who does what tonight?

It looks like Anne will prostitute herself to her ex for the good of the family.

Maybe Bobby dies...but next season we find out it was all not a dream, but an elaborate fanfilm the Ewing family was watching on-line.

-Maleficent
Old August 9 2012, 02:38 AM   #336
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Annie get your wire. Didn't see that coming.

ETA: If she's
did she have plastic surgery? Otherwise, wouldn't someone recognize her?

Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; August 9 2012 at 03:04 AM.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2012, 03:55 AM   #337
Elemental
Rear Admiral

View Elemental's Twitter Profile

FINALE SPOILERS WITHIN!

Hey guys! I haven't posted yet this thread but done some lurking and been watching since the premiere. I felt compelled to come on and say though - Wow! What a finale! There really was something for all the characters this episode and I've gotta say, the revelation about Rebecca was absolutely perfect and blew me away!

The main reason I started watching this show is I have a lot of nostalgia of watching the original Dallas as a kid with my parents. I still remember well watching the series finale and my dad's reaction at the very end. So, when word came around of the new Dallas, I couldn't help but invite my mom over to watch the premiere. That led to us having a weekly Wednesday get-together to watch the new episode. I think I enjoyed it more initally as a chance to visit and share some laughs about the sometimes rediculous predictable nature of the plot, yet still there was the nostalgia value. These last two episodes though have really ratcheted things up a notch!

As far as the original show, back a few years ago I started collecting the series on DVD and watching it from the start. It obviously has its ups and downs and the repetitive predictable soapish storylines often irritated me. I got as far as early into the dream season and just kind of stopped watching due to boredom. I must say though, this year's finale has bolstered my interest somewhat and I might have to give things another shot.

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
Cliff hasn't done enough evil shit for the noobs to shiver when he walks by like some bugger is whistling the imperial march.
Give him time. He'll probably be more evil if the show gets picked up.
Very good call.
Elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2012, 04:40 AM   #338
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

So, Christopher winds up giving it to his cousin after all?

"Sigh"

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2012, 05:35 AM   #339
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

"Sigh"

EEE-yeah, that's almost as bad as Luke and Leia. And what does it say about me that I like "Rebecca" better now that I know she's a scheming Barnes?

Meanwhile, still in love with Anne...

-Maleficent
Old August 9 2012, 06:25 AM   #340
Warp Core Breach
Commodore

I was really hoping she'd turn out to be Katherine Wentworth's daughter, but there we go. That nitwit Cliff Barnes seems much more evil than he was in the original series, or at least I don't remember him disposing of any bodies back in the old days. The worst thing he did was order Chinese food all the time, which I suppose for those of us in the know should have been some foreshadowing regarding Rebecca's True Identity™. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnn!

The writing on this show is all over the map, isn't it? A shitload of things happened in this episode to undo everything that happened previously, and it's not the first time that's happened. Still, it was a summertime guilty pleasure for me so I can put up with that.
Warp Core Breach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2012, 07:10 AM   #341
Elemental
Rear Admiral

View Elemental's Twitter Profile

Warp Core Breach wrote: View Post
I was really hoping she'd turn out to be Katherine Wentworth's daughter, but there we go. That nitwit Cliff Barnes seems much more evil than he was in the original series, or at least I don't remember him disposing of any bodies back in the old days. The worst thing he did was order Chinese food all the time, which I suppose for those of us in the know should have been some foreshadowing regarding Rebecca's True Identity™. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnn!
Wow, that's really funny because when they had their takeout Chinese dinner, I commented that that's what Cliff used to always get. I forgot all about it though by the time of the big reveal though.
Elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2012, 07:19 AM   #342
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Meanwhile what's this shit about how extras off camera found a cloud drive that saved the day but Bobby gets to be the hero becuase he paid their wages?

And fuck me, but JR giving a deposition would have been awesome.

"Excuse me, clear the room, my pappy always taught me that it's poughlight to diddle the stenography when yar finished for the day."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2012, 07:26 PM   #343
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

"Sigh"

"Sigh"

EEE-yeah, that's almost as bad as Luke and Leia. And what does it say about me that I like "Rebecca" better now that I know she's a scheming Barnes?

Not by blood though.

Christopher's parents were Kristin Shephard (Sue Ellen's sister) and Jeff Faraday. Rebecca's are Cliff and some other woman. (Afton? Mandy Winger? Jamie Ewing?)
Old August 9 2012, 07:30 PM   #344
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Warp Core Breach wrote: View Post
I was really hoping she'd turn out to be Katherine Wentworth's daughter, but there we go. That nitwit Cliff Barnes seems much more evil than he was in the original series, or at least I don't remember him disposing of any bodies back in the old days.
Not true. In the final season of the show, one of the season long mysteries involved the murder of John "Johnny Dancer" Danziger. Carter McKay initially gets blamed, goes to court and then jail, but finds out later it was all Cliff, who we learn killed Danziger by accident and then fled the scene of the crime. Because the Justice Department botched it up so badly, they basically let Cliff off the hook, but he lost out on a chance to be the next federal energy czar.

The worst thing he did was order Chinese food all the time, which I suppose for those of us in the know should have been some foreshadowing regarding Rebecca's True Identity™. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnn!
I immediately thought of Cliff's proclivity for Chinese take-out, but didn't even think to make the connection that she was his daughter.
Old August 9 2012, 07:45 PM   #345
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

doubleohfive wrote: View Post

"Sigh"

"Sigh"

Not by blood though.

Christopher's parents were Kristin Shephard (Sue Ellen's sister) and Jeff Faraday. Rebecca's are Cliff and some other woman. (Afton? Mandy Winger? Jamie Ewing?)
Yeah. Got that. I did say "almost as bad..."

-Maleficent