RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,702
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 788
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 16 2012, 03:08 PM   #1
TedShatner10
Commodore

Demand Five is Hopeless...

Has anybody had problems with this substandard streaming site like so many others? I tried to catch up on Body of Proof (don't ask) and it just streams the adverts (way too many) and the program itself fails to load (too many pop upa and adverts cancelling out the content?). And this is no isolated incident, every show on Demand Five has the same problem and the comment sections there are full of complaints from dissatisified viewers.

For those with more patience and computer aptitude here is a possible solution to getting rid of Demand Five's excessive ads and getting up their shows, but I haven't the time now.

Pop a DVD in luv.
Old December 16 2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile
Re: Demand Five is Hopeless...

I have tried to use it a few times to watch hotel inspector, but in the end I always had to find other ways to watch it.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

I watched a couple of episodes of Alphas and had the problem where it would keep going back to the start of the ads. I watched Once Upon a Time on the xbox and didn't have a problem, but ITV and 5 both have problems like that. Channel 4 had a lot of ads but at least it works well.
Old December 16 2012, 09:24 PM   #4
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

I use it along with lovefilm, iplayer, 4OD and crackle on the xbox and i dont have any issues with it.......although prior to October of this year i was with talktalk i could not use any of these services due to the constant buffering that would happen all the time no matter what one i was trying to use........moving to a new isp after waiting almost a year for them to not fix it solved my issues and now i am even streaming HD content without any issues.

Never had any issues with the ads though on the xbox on these services.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote