TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 25 2014, 04:13 AM   #361
Fabrux
Ensign

Re: Continuum the new tv series!

And my bad for spoiling without warning!
Fabrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 02:50 PM   #362
Tom
Rear Admiral

The finale was pretty good and set things up nicely for season 4. I wont say to much until after Scifi shows it in the US tonight.

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 09:56 PM   #363
joVuNik
Lieutenant

Great finale. Was the show renewed ?

- joVuNik
"Often your utterances and expressions of your face leak out the secrets of your hidden thoughts." - Hazrat Ali a.s.
joVuNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 11:13 PM   #364
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I hope so.

I thought it was interesting how we got a better look at the spellweaver time traveler dude. I noticed this time that he had some kind of glowy thing going on around his chest which, obviously, is the source of his immortality. The fact that they keep obscuring his face, however, makes me think he may be someone we've already met.
Old June 27 2014, 11:13 PM   #365
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Not yet.
Old June 28 2014, 01:29 AM   #366
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
I hope so.

I thought it was interesting how we got a better look at the spellweaver time traveler dude. I noticed this time that he had some kind of glowy thing going on around his chest which, obviously, is the source of his immortality. The fact that they keep obscuring his face, however, makes me think he may be someone we've already met.
Its possible that he is Sam. Kiera said that for some reason he felt closer now than ever. Its possible that Sam is, for some reason, at the heart of all of this....which would make sense given that he has been Kiera's motivation all along.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2014, 01:45 AM   #367
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

That's certainly a possibility, but there wouldn't be a reason to obscure his face from the audience if it were, as there'd be no real way to recognize the character just from that.
Old June 28 2014, 02:15 AM   #368
Aragorn
Admiral

I hope so.

Some people took some caps of the traveler and think it's Kellogg.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2014, 02:45 AM   #369
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I could see that.
Old June 28 2014, 04:09 AM   #370
Morpheus 02
Commodore

I missed the 1st 20 minutes...but man, Kellogg is now the big BIG bad for next season? Good -- Stephen Lobo has done a great job, and will enjoy what he does next.

The raiding of Piron sure felt like the Matrix...

And future soldiers??? So will this be like Fringe too?

Can't wait for next year
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2014, 04:12 AM   #371
sojourner
Admiral

The real "WTF??" moment was finding out that Dillion is still alive.
Old June 28 2014, 04:30 AM   #372
Christopher
Writer

I wonder, has this always been the series' plan? Liber8 always had a sympathetic agenda with terrible methods, and Kiera always seemed to be a decent person fighting for the wrong side, so probably they did want to head this way. I just wish Kiera's "awakening" hadn't been so abrupt and arbitrary, that we'd been shown her developing doubts more steadily over the course of the series, instead of just suddenly changing her views based on being reminded of flashback events that she'd theoretically remembered all along anyway.

And I'm still not convinced by how evil the other Alec became. I mean, evil Alec was the one who didn't see the love of his life murdered in front of him. That makes him closer to the Alec of the first two seasons, not farther. Okay, he did see his true father assassinated just after finding him, and did learn the truth about Emily/Maya and feel betrayed by it, and did get corrupted by the corporate power he was handed; but it's still hard to believe he would become this much of a moustache-twirling villain.

So I guess I'm not entirely convinced by the way the characters developed this season. Dillon's turn to the dark side never quite made sense to me either. It's like a lot of the characters ended up simpler and more exaggerated than they'd been before. On the plus side, though, it was nice to see Carlos seeming to get his act together and renewing his partnership with Kiera. I wasn't sure which side he'd be on at the keynote speech (which was probably the intent), so it was kind of reassuring when it turned out he was part of the plan after all.

Also, seeing Kiera leading the survivors of Liber8, the two factions realizing they were both fighting for the wrong goals and needed to band together to build a new future, was pretty darn cool. It's a pity Sonya couldn't have been part of it, though, since I think she would've been the one happiest to win her opponent over through ideas rather than destroying her with violence.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2014, 04:37 AM   #373
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
I hope so.

Its possible that he is Sam. Kiera said that for some reason he felt closer now than ever. Its possible that Sam is, for some reason, at the heart of all of this....which would make sense given that he has been Kiera's motivation all along.
Isn't he a dark skinned dude?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2014, 04:39 AM   #374
Aragorn
Admiral

If Curtis can come back, so can Sonya, especially since Dillon somehow survived.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2014, 05:12 AM   #375
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

They didn't say "exploding cancer Tumors" but Stargate Atlantis can't monopolize all the fun.

They can resurrect parts of her, that they can find, but not for very long and any part of what used to be her still connected to a mouth, is not going to be stop screaming in agony, ever.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote