Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 7 2012, 01:25 PM   #31
Forbin
Admiral

Re: Disappointing DVD releases

Mooch wrote: View Post
DVDs? Talk about old school! :P
Hey, I still have Laserdiscs and Beta tapes!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 03:11 PM   #32
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Brikar99 wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ Didn't Die Hard 4 have the opposite problem? Its unrated cut is only available on standard DVD, I think.
That's correct. Fox gave some excuse about how they couldn't get the unrated one out on Blu-ray in time, so they just went with the PG-13 version.

Dammit, that pisses me off. I bought the Die Hard set some time ago and kind of put it away and never got around to watching it. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, but I just find it irritating that when you shell out money for their product, they aren't giving you what you saw at the theater.
Old May 7 2012, 03:22 PM   #33
ATimson
Rear Admiral

gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
Dammit, that pisses me off. I bought the Die Hard set some time ago and kind of put it away and never got around to watching it. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, but I just find it irritating that when you shell out money for their product, they aren't giving you what you saw at the theater.
Uhh... they are giving you what you saw at the theater on the Live Free or Die Hard Blu-ray.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 03:31 PM   #34
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

What disappoints me is when only the first season is released. And when you are missing part of a story because of a crossover episode.
Old May 7 2012, 04:04 PM   #35
Jono
Rear Admiral

I find it disappointing that in the past region 4 releases often lacked the special features of their R1 releases. It happened a lot a couple of years ago, but in more recent times I've come across it less.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 04:46 PM   #36
ManOnTheWave
Rear Admiral

Star Wolf wrote: View Post
What disappoints me is when only the first season is released. And when you are missing part of a story because of a crossover episode.
I was pleasantly surprised by The Bionic Woman which came with cross over episodes from The Six Million Dollar Man.

I was unpleasantly surprised when the audio went out on a second season episode of the The Bionic Woman.
Old May 7 2012, 05:18 PM   #37
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ Didn't Die Hard 4 have the opposite problem? Its unrated cut is only available on standard DVD, I think.
That's correct. Fox gave some excuse about how they couldn't get the unrated one out on Blu-ray in time, so they just went with the PG-13 version.

ATimson is right - the 'Live Free or Die Hard' blu-ray is the theatrical version, which was rated PG-13. The DVD on the other hand, had both the PG-13 theatrical version and the unrated version through seamless branching.
Old May 7 2012, 05:33 PM   #38
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Well I guess my memory is messed up then, but I recall him saying the MF line as he shot Tim Olyphant at the end of the movie. Guess it's just such an expected thing for him to say that my memory fills in the blanks even though you're telling me I didn't actually see that the theater.
Old May 7 2012, 05:48 PM   #39
MacLeod
Admiral

Different extra feature for the regions, there is very little reason as to why a region A or B should have different features.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 05:54 PM   #40
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

what annoys me is half seasons. It's a shitty attempt at a double dip and I refuse to bite
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 05:56 PM   #41
Forbin
Admiral

ManOnTheWave wrote: View Post
Star Wolf wrote: View Post
I was pleasantly surprised by The Bionic Woman which came with cross over episodes from The Six Million Dollar Man.

I was unpleasantly surprised when the audio went out on a second season episode of the The Bionic Woman.
I had to buy a couple of seasons of Hercules to get the crossovers from Xena of the Hope and Callisto arcs. I ripped them and made my own compilation DVDs with everything in order.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 06:28 PM   #42
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Well I guess my memory is messed up then, but I recall him saying the MF line as he shot Tim Olyphant at the end of the movie. Guess it's just such an expected thing for him to say that my memory fills in the blanks even though you're telling me I didn't actually see that the theater.
He says it, though they muddle it up with the sound effect of the gunshot.
Old May 7 2012, 09:10 PM   #43
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude

Jono wrote: View Post
I find it disappointing that in the past region 4 releases often lacked the special features of their R1 releases. It happened a lot a couple of years ago, but in more recent times I've come across it less.
I am surprised that people buy region 4 releases at all, seeing that it is usually considerably cheaper to buy region 1 or 2 DVDs.
Miss Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2012, 09:21 PM   #44
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

He says it, though they muddle it up with the sound effect of the gunshot.
See I would have sworn we HEARD him say it, it' s just been awhile and my memory is faulty.

I guess I'm not mad then.
Old May 7 2012, 09:40 PM   #45
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Different extra feature for the regions, there is very little reason as to why a region A or B should have different features.
I think in terms of Blu Ray it's due in part to what the features were when released onto DVD. A lot of R2 DVDs didn't have the R1 extra features, and when they've since released the movie/series onto Region B BD they haven't bothered doing the extras as they'd have to go before the BBFC for classification.

It does seem to be less of an issue nowadays though, luckily.

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
what annoys me is half seasons. It's a shitty attempt at a double dip and I refuse to bite
God yes. Even worse, the Stargate SG1 releases - 4/5 episodes per release, and then 5 releases per season, and not even the option of a full season set until much farther down the line (season 7 or 8 onwards).