Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old January 31 2014, 12:29 PM   #811
Scout101
Admiral

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

I played twice, wasn't dark for me...

That said, this thing is going to be brutal to re-run 15 times in 25 days. It's not short, and while not a bad mission, not so much fun that I'm going to want to keep doing it. God forbid doing it on multiple characters!

It's like they decided to make a nice mission, and then to force us to grind it until we hated it and resented them for creating it in the first place. Had this worked like the first Sphere mission (run it once for ship, rerun if you want more of the set pieces) my review would be more positive, but since you have to KEEP doing it over and over, it's not going to be popular...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 12:45 PM   #812
JRS
Fleet Captain

That said, this thing is going to be brutal to re-run 15 times in 25 days. It's not short, and while not a bad mission, not so much fun that I'm going to want to keep doing it. God forbid doing it on multiple characters!
Iif you mean the ship grind you only get marks( or whatever Qdamnations) from the Tuvok mission once, the 400 amount. The rest you will be getting by doing the Qs anniversary mission daily 15 times at the Academy.
You have to do the Dyson Sphere mission with Tuvok max three times to get all the set pieces and stuff, if you want them that is.
"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself " - Richard Nixon
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 01:47 PM   #813
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

Sibo191 wrote: View Post
On another topic, I was having a great run tonight when the server went down again.. so I'm done for the night, but I did manage to finish the new mission and I'm wondering did anyone find any tricks to navigating in the dark during the space walk? i got through it in about 45 min on that section... best trick I found was when I had to scan the door I locked on to Tuvok and went to him... other than that it was random luck to hit all the points.
Apparently, there is a known bug making parts of the mission too dark for some people. It will get resolved (and more fun for you as a result).
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 03:49 PM   #814
Scout101
Admiral

JRS wrote: View Post
Iif you mean the ship grind you only get marks( or whatever Qdamnations) from the Tuvok mission once, the 400 amount. The rest you will be getting by doing the Qs anniversary mission daily 15 times at the Academy.
You have to do the Dyson Sphere mission with Tuvok max three times to get all the set pieces and stuff, if you want them that is.
Ah, that sounds a lot better. Doing the mission 3 times isn't ideal, but survivable. Was just picturing the mission 15 times per character at 25 min or so a run (seems to be about as fast as you can zip through it) is 6.25 hours per character you wanted the ship for. And as a daily, you couldn't just numb yourself and burn through it, either!

The mini-Qs are a little annoying, but at least only takes a minute or two....
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old January 31 2014, 04:01 PM   #815
intrinsical
Commodore

Like the christmas event, I'm only going to be getting the ship for one or two of my characters. Even the Qmendations are too much of a grind to do for all 10 characters.
Old January 31 2014, 06:51 PM   #816
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
JRS wrote: View Post
Ah, that sounds a lot better. Doing the mission 3 times isn't ideal, but survivable. Was just picturing the mission 15 times per character at 25 min or so a run (seems to be about as fast as you can zip through it) is 6.25 hours per character you wanted the ship for. And as a daily, you couldn't just numb yourself and burn through it, either!

The mini-Qs are a little annoying, but at least only takes a minute or two....
Though if you think about it if you did get 400 Qmendations per FE run you could get the ship in 3 runs since thats 1200 and you only need 1000 for the ship.

Which is probably why this was a one run thing becuase everyone would likely have the ship by now.

Oh also this is awsome

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post14863431

heres the video from the forum post

Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 08:57 PM   #817
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

The character design of Tuvok is great. might be the best likeness to the real live actor to date.

That said, would it have hurt them to give him a canon admiral's uniform?
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 10:19 PM   #818
Scout101
Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Though if you think about it if you did get 400 Qmendations per FE run you could get the ship in 3 runs since thats 1200 and you only need 1000 for the ship.

Which is probably why this was a one run thing becuase everyone would likely have the ship by now.
Knew it wasn't going to be 400 every time, just misread the rest and thought every run after was going to award 40. You get the 40 at the Academy event, just not the FE. That's where my disconnect was...

Then again, we got the ship in only one mission last year, so 3 wouldn't have been outrageous. It's just the 3 plus 15 runs of the Q in a box thing...
Old January 31 2014, 11:07 PM   #819
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
That said, would it have hurt them to give him a canon admiral's uniform?
Why would Tuvok being wearing one of those old things when all the NPCs try to stay with the latest Starfleet uniform designs?
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2014, 12:26 PM   #820
Scout101
Admiral

Alright, Spire T1 is underway! Thanks to those that kicked in to set that one off. Try and wrap up the DIL Mine upgrade next, as that should provide a discount towards the other projects? Then onto Embassy project from there, and Spire T1 OPS should be ready by then.

Lots of projects hitting at the same time, but we'll just keep chipping away at it. The DIL event this weekend is a great way to put a dent in some of these big projects, so grind away! I'll be mostly in the Battlezone over the weekend (more Sunday than today) if anyone wants to team up. More fun as a group...
Old February 9 2014, 02:43 AM   #821
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

D'oh, meant to post here what I did in the other thread.
Old February 10 2014, 07:13 PM   #822
Scout101
Admiral

Note on the fleet holdings: please don't queue up any more Provisioning missions at this time. Even if they are the only projects available. We've got plenty of provisions (minus Sphere, which we can't queue up again until the upgrade hits) and don't want to waste the DIL getting more when we could be putting it into the bigger upgrade projects. Can't cancel them, so it just sits and wastes a spot, while distracting resources from needed projects.

Focus should be on getting Fleet Marks to finish the DIL Mine, Marks and DIL for the Embassy, and then the Spire T1 should complete which gives us the Spire Ops T1 upgrade to work on.

Lots to do, keep at it

In the interim, check out NoP Public Service chat channel. Basically just end-stage fleets that give out free invites to their holdings to buy things from. You use our provisions, but can buy the T3 (or T5 for starbase) version instead of the T1 or T2 versions we offer at the moment. Only ones this doesn't work for is ships, as you have to be IN their fleet to buy those. Ocassionaly someone gives out permission to buy a ship, though, so if you have to leave to buy something, just give a shout out to get re-invited to ours, or post here. I snagged a Fleet Chimera over the weekend this way, and had one of my other toons re-invite my main toon.
Old February 11 2014, 07:04 PM   #823
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Last night I added about 400 fleet marks from the fleet commendation reports DOFF assignments into the Dilithium Mine upgrade project, as well as another 150 I received doing some queued events.

On a side note, I was at the fleet starbase looking at the Elite ground weapons and couldn't decide which one to get. Has anybody purchased any of the fleet ground gear? My current character has the MACO MK XII set and I'm thinking of upgrading if possible.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2014, 09:58 PM   #824
Scout101
Admiral

I've used some of the Advanced Fleet ground weapons, not bad. Bought a AP Pulsewave, Spilt Beam, and High Density Beam. Avoided the Elite stuff because you could only get Phaser, and really wanted the AP proc over the Phaser one.

Honestly, don't use them much anymore. Everything's too specific to who you are fighting. Had a bunch with BORG procs, but don't do that much anymore. Now the Voth proton stuff is the way to go for the Battlezone, so I go that direction (got the T5 Rep stuff). The High density and Split Beam rifles are the most useful, I guess, as they'd be good general purpose weapons for a BOFF to use.

My backup kit is still the Adapted MACO (basically Honor Guard set for Fed players), I like the disruptor pulsewave plus grenade launcher, and keep that as my secondary gun. Good for crowd control.

Really depends on where you plan to play.

Every time they release more sets, I start to have more trouble storing things, though. Sucks to throw away those hard-earned sets, but only so much storage and despite releasing more and more 3 and 4 piece sets, the storage hasn't increased to PUT them anywhere. Like the 15 special tribbles or non-combat pets. Where do you store them after a while? And can't get them again, sucks to just throw them away...
Old February 12 2014, 02:39 AM   #825
intrinsical
Commodore

The only fleet ground gear I get are personal kits as they are the ones that make the most difference in ground combat. Personally, I use weapons I obtain from personal reputation projects because they are (A) cheaper to obtain, (B) has good set bonuses and (C) most of them dish out as much damage as well as elite fleet weapons.