New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old April 25 2012, 08:56 PM   #46
Worf'sParmach
Commander

Re: Why was the last episode of DS9 so incredibly awful?

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
The Dominion War stuff was generally good, as was the sense of closure for many of the characters. But the Sisko and Path Wraiths stuff is pretty awful. Its clear the writers didn't really know what they were doing with that whole thread. They didn't plot it out well.
Agreed. I loved everything but that. I didn't like the whole Season 7 "Sisko's Mom is a Prophet" thing at all anyway so him disappearing into the fire pits was just the nail in that coffin. And why have Kassidy be pregnant if he just going to disappear? That was just an unneccesary plot point. Leaving Jake was drama anough without leaving the unborn kid too.

Jono wrote: View Post
I'm sure they had budget issues with the final episode. I swear I read somewhere that they overspent earlier in the season/throughout the season and that hamstrung them a bit for the final.

Can't find where I read that but here is something from MA on the finale in relation to the cost of using Farrell's images for the finale and why they weren't used.
Budget was a huge issue. It's why they reused battle scenes (which, frankly, I never noticed) but more notably why Jadzia is absent from the montage. To me, not getting Farrell on board with that would have been enough to scrap the whole montage thing altogether, but I'm a purist that way.

SAndrews10 wrote: View Post
From what's been said they didn't ask when they used her voice earlier in the season so the answer was flat out no for the finale no matter what the price was. It was on principle alone
You're right, it had to do with the use of her voice in Penumbra without her permission. Though, everyone has a price, especially a moderately talented B-lister like Farrell.