Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: How do you grade The Avengers?
A+ 149 46.42%
A 102 31.78%
A- 30 9.35%
B+ 17 5.30%
B 11 3.43%
B- 5 1.56%
C+ 0 0%
C 4 1.25%
C- 1 0.31%
D+ 1 0.31%
D 0 0%
D- 0 0%
F 1 0.31%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 2 2012, 01:49 PM   #1291
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Just looking at the images in the link Trekker sent, found one or two sites before that had similar images but those are awesome.

Also, one of the graphics gives a front, top and side graphic of the helicarrier, while looking I noticed a time tab at the top left. It says "12.02.2012".

Now is the helicarrier using the American or international dating system? it either means most of the film happens around 12th of February or 2nd of December.

Although since it also his login underneath as "Samuel J. Fury" I think it's not meant to be taken seriously.
Chemahkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2012, 03:12 PM   #1292
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Anyone remember the complete Star Trek DVD box set? It was Star Trek 2-10 standard edition DVDs and the Star Trek I special edition DVD. Then they released the Star Trek II special edition DVD so out came the box set with two special edition movies and eight regular edition movies. Then the Star Trek III special edition DVD gets released and out comes the box set with three special edition movies and seven regular edition movies. This kept going until all ten movies had special editions.
And don't forget the Indiana Jones trilogy with a fourth movie on the way. I can understand why studios release these things, but I don't know why people actually buy them. Who wants an incomplete set? With these Marvel movies though, I suppose you can make the case that The Avengers and the movies leading up to it constitute a series.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2012, 04:48 PM   #1293
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
And don't forget the Indiana Jones trilogy with a fourth movie on the way. I can understand why studios release these things, but I don't know why people actually buy them. Who wants an incomplete set? With these Marvel movies though, I suppose you can make the case that The Avengers and the movies leading up to it constitute a series.
And don't get me started on the Harry Potter series!! There was an increadble box set with all kinds of do-dads and trading cards included when there were still 3 movies to go. I got it for my daughter for Christmas because it was Christmas and I was being a softy, but it wasn't something I'd have done for myself, knowing there were more movies coming.

I think the movies up to Avengers at least comprise a subset, and depending on the included extra scenes, hopefully a complete collection.

Do they include the shorts like Coulson's donut adventure?
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2012, 04:51 PM   #1294
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Just looking at the images in the link Trekker sent, found one or two sites before that had similar images but those are awesome.

Also, one of the graphics gives a front, top and side graphic of the helicarrier, while looking I noticed a time tab at the top left. It says "12.02.2012".

Now is the helicarrier using the American or international dating system? it either means most of the film happens around 12th of February or 2nd of December.

Although since it also his login underneath as "Samuel J. Fury" I think it's not meant to be taken seriously.
A fan-made timeline I like to refer to (as opposed to the official one put out by Marvel) places the events of the movie in February, which would agree with that graphic if its using the international dating system.
Old June 2 2012, 05:03 PM   #1295
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Haven't seen that timeline but that puts the film at around 10-12 Feb overall, I think.
Old June 2 2012, 05:26 PM   #1296
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Haven't seen that timeline but that puts the film at around 10-12 Feb overall, I think.
I've linked to it a few other times in the thread but here it is again:

LINK

Actually it seems they've updated that time line since I last looked at it to include events from The Avengers (as well as the Prelude books) and now has The Avengers in May.
Old June 2 2012, 07:19 PM   #1297
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Our heroes now face their toughest challenge yet. I am speaking, of course, about James Cameron.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2012, 07:28 PM   #1298
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

I don't see it breaking the 2 billion mark at the box office though. Still, 3rd highest grossing film ever made is a great achievement.
Old June 2 2012, 08:00 PM   #1299
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

The movie's momentum has throttled down quite a bit since release, I don't see it taking on Titanic let alone Avatar.
Old June 2 2012, 08:06 PM   #1300
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

I still think it'll manage 1.5 before it leaves the cinemas.
Old June 2 2012, 08:07 PM   #1301
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I'm sure it will, it might even knock on the door of or make it to #2 domestic.
Old June 2 2012, 08:38 PM   #1302
Caligula
Vice Admiral

I agree. I can't see it moving beyond 3rd place worldwide, and yet there's still plenty of time for it to catch up to Titanic for 2nd place domestically.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2012, 04:06 AM   #1303
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Found this online. Edit: Found this, it's exactly the details I didn't have at hand.
It passed the highest grossing Potter film worldwide and Batman(TDK) domestically yesterday.
Marvel's The Avengers added another $5.7 million domestically on Friday to push its North American total to $538.1 million, surpassing The Dark Knight ($533.3 million) for the third spot on the all-time domestic box office list and trailing only James Cameron's Titanic ($658.5 million) and Avatar ($760.5 million).

Worldwide, "The Avengers" also climbed to the third spot on the all-time list, surpassing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 ($1.328 billion).

If it ever could, sadly it won't, pass Titanic I think an IM one sinking Titanic with some armament might be appropriate.

Last edited by Captain Craig; June 3 2012 at 04:30 AM.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2012, 06:36 AM   #1304
Aragorn
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Buy the Saw Trilogy DVD box set, get a free ticket to Saw IV. That was a promo I remember seeing a few years ago.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2012, 04:48 PM   #1305
captcalhoun
Admiral

Clark Gregg not a fan of Vision idea
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote