RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,179
Posts: 5,345,113
Members: 24,603
Currently online: 576
Newest member: krogoth21

TrekToday headlines

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: How do you grade The Avengers?
A+ 149 46.42%
A 102 31.78%
A- 30 9.35%
B+ 17 5.30%
B 11 3.43%
B- 5 1.56%
C+ 0 0%
C 4 1.25%
C- 1 0.31%
D+ 1 0.31%
D 0 0%
D- 0 0%
F 1 0.31%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 14 2012, 08:14 PM   #961
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral
 
Chemahkuu's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom
Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Yup, the smaller frame "pocket glocks" are terribly uncomfortable (not that the 17 is much better) and have poor accuracy.

The 1911 range is much better, my 'Baby Hi-Capa" (a 2011 Colt model) is far more comfortable and from what I've read, the real steel version is far superior in most ways to the Glock series of comparable size and weight (26, 33 etc) with .45 ACP as standard.

I'd have much prefered her to use something more like that, but her weapons were probably the least important of any of the main 6 so guess it didn't matter.
Chemahkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2012, 08:39 PM   #962
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, I wondered about the woman's reaction when he got unmasked.
I just attributed that to what I'd think a persons reaction would be to someone being unmasked. "Let me get a good look at mystery person."

So in the deleted scenes is a moment where she serves Steve coffee it seems? That's fine but I don't think it's a plot hole it just imo changed the perception of the unmasking.
I never said it was a plot hole. I just wondered at the focus on her reaction.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2012, 09:05 PM   #963
LaxScrutiny
Commodore
 
Location: Toronto, Canada
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Yup, the smaller frame "pocket glocks" are terribly uncomfortable (not that the 17 is much better) and have poor accuracy.

The 1911 range is much better, my 'Baby Hi-Capa" (a 2011 Colt model) is far more comfortable and from what I've read, the real steel version is far superior in most ways to the Glock series of comparable size and weight (26, 33 etc) with .45 ACP as standard.

I'd have much prefered her to use something more like that, but her weapons were probably the least important of any of the main 6 so guess it didn't matter.

SHIELD has been using rayguns since the 60s, they are as powerful as the plot demands. If we can have Tony blasting everything in sight with lasers and repulsers, surely SHIELD agents can have rayguns!!
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2012, 09:23 PM   #964
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral
 
Star Wolf's Avatar
 
Location: ciudad de Los Angeles
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

But they had Cap going WTF when he found what looked like Hydra weapons to him
__________________
I'm not crazy! All I Really Need to Know I learned by Watching The Wire
Star Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2012, 09:31 PM   #965
LaxScrutiny
Commodore
 
Location: Toronto, Canada
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Which is strange if you think about it. He hasn't seen a weapon fired and has been hanging out alone in a mock-up 40s gym. Why wouldn't he think that everyone had a raygun by now if Hydra had them in the 40s and he'd turned them over to the U.S. military?
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2012, 10:14 PM   #966
DWF
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Without the power from the cosmic cube to power the ray guns they're pretty much useless. And I thought Fury said that the cube had been inactive for years.
__________________
The greatest science fiction series of all time is
Doctor Who! And I'll take you all on, one-by-one
or all in a bunch to back it up!"
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2012, 10:19 PM   #967
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral
 
Satyrquaze's Avatar
 
Location: Satyrquaze
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

LaxScrutiny wrote: View Post
Which is strange if you think about it. He hasn't seen a weapon fired and has been hanging out alone in a mock-up 40s gym. Why wouldn't he think that everyone had a raygun by now if Hydra had them in the 40s and he'd turned them over to the U.S. military?
He was one of the guys who actually did some homework.
__________________
“If at first you don't succeed, cheat, repeat until caught, then lie.” -Anomymous
Satyrquaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2012, 11:25 PM   #968
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain
 
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

LaxScrutiny wrote: View Post
Which is strange if you think about it. He hasn't seen a weapon fired and has been hanging out alone in a mock-up 40s gym. Why wouldn't he think that everyone had a raygun by now if Hydra had them in the 40s and he'd turned them over to the U.S. military?
But then there was also the issue of that Hydra helmet. That can't be explained away that easily.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 03:47 AM   #969
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
The Hulk wins out as my favorite character. Is he (The Hulk) going to get another movie with MR as The Hulk? I have never had any desire to see a Hulk film until now.
Hulk was amazing in this movie. It was because of all the funny scenes with the character that was lacking in the previous two Hulk movies.

Whedon just GETS all the characters. I really hope he will be back as director and writer if we get an Avengers 2.
__________________
=)
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 03:50 AM   #970
Admiral James Kirk
Writer
 
Admiral James Kirk's Avatar
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

I'm sure they'll at least make him an offer. After all he made them a mint.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 04:01 AM   #971
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Dream wrote: View Post
Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
The Hulk wins out as my favorite character. Is he (The Hulk) going to get another movie with MR as The Hulk? I have never had any desire to see a Hulk film until now.
Hulk was amazing in this movie. It was because of all the funny scenes with the character that was lacking in the previous two Hulk movies.

Whedon just GETS all the characters. I really hope he will be back as director and writer if we get an Avengers 2.
Avengers 2 isn't a matter of an "if." It's a "WILL" considering Avengers made a billion dollars in one week.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 04:12 AM   #972
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

$1 billion already...crazy, sick, amazing success! The sequel has now been announced by Disney.

RAMA
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 04:15 AM   #973
Admiral James Kirk
Writer
 
Admiral James Kirk's Avatar
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

RAMA wrote: View Post
$1 billion already...crazy, sick, amazing success! The sequel has now been announced by Disney.

RAMA

"Now" meaning last Sunday morning.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 04:21 AM   #974
DWF
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
The Hulk wins out as my favorite character. Is he (The Hulk) going to get another movie with MR as The Hulk? I have never had any desire to see a Hulk film until now.
Hulk was amazing in this movie. It was because of all the funny scenes with the character that was lacking in the previous two Hulk movies.

Whedon just GETS all the characters. I really hope he will be back as director and writer if we get an Avengers 2.
Avengers 2 isn't a matter of an "if." It's a "WILL" considering Avengers made a billion dollars in one week.
It took more than one week to make a billion dollars.
__________________
The greatest science fiction series of all time is
Doctor Who! And I'll take you all on, one-by-one
or all in a bunch to back it up!"
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 05:00 AM   #975
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain
 
StarTrek1701's Avatar
 
Re: AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

DWF wrote: View Post
It took more than one week to make a billion dollars.
The point stands. Its a MARVELous achievement for a CBM. I never thouhgt I'd live to see the day when CBMs are going to be the normal staple for summer movie frenzies.
StarTrek1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
avengers, black widow, captain america, hawkeye, hulk, iron man, loki, marvel, thor

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.