New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 6 2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

‘Twin Peaks’ Returns As Showtime Limited Series

deadline.com

Interview with co-creator Mark Frost
Old October 6 2014, 07:01 PM   #2
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unicron
Re: ‘Twin Peaks’ Returns As Showtime Limited Series

I never really watched Twin Peaks in its heyday, probably in no small part because I was young at the time and had no clue what the show was about. But given what I've read about the show, I might see if I can take advantage of this.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2014, 08:17 PM   #3
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

This is such wonderful news. I thought they would never bring it back. At the very least, this gives Lynch an opportunity to give the show a better ending. I wonder if Bobby Briggs will return. He's one of my favorite characters.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2014, 09:25 PM   #4
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I guess I should finally watch the show. I always resisted before because I knew it ended with an unresolved cliffhanger and I knew couldn't handle that.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2014, 12:36 AM   #5
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
Old October 7 2014, 08:43 AM   #6
Seven of Five
Commodore

I'm a little concerned that it won't be a patch on the original, but Lynch and Frost being heavily involved is good news. I'm excited despite my worries.
Old October 7 2014, 05:44 PM   #7
Aldo
Admiral

I've been listening to the 'Twin Peaks' soundtrack ever since I heard the news and I'm getting pumped.

As 'Seven of Five' suggests there's a chance it won't be as good as it once was, but I won't let that damper my enthusiasm.
Old October 8 2014, 05:48 AM   #8
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

FYI-- The original Twin Peaks is included with a Hulu Plus subscription, through Netflix streaming or $1.99 an episode at Amazon.
Old October 8 2014, 08:31 AM   #9
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

That gum you like is going to come back in style. I'll see you again in 25 years.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2014, 09:56 AM   #10
dragunzng
Rear Admiral

View dragunzng's Twitter Profile

Undead wrote: View Post
I never really watched Twin Peaks in its heyday, probably in no small part because I was young at the time and had no clue what the show was about. But given what I've read about the show, I might see if I can take advantage of this.
Same here! That said, I started watching it on Netflix last week. Still halfway through the pilot episode, but I like what I've seen so far.
Old October 8 2014, 06:43 PM   #11
ThankQ
Admiral

dragunzng wrote: View Post
Same here! That said, I started watching it on Netflix last week. Still halfway through the pilot episode, but I like what I've seen so far.
You started watching last week, and you're halfway through the pilot...

I guess you really like to slow things down and take it all in.

I can dig it.

ThankQ
ThankQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2014, 08:55 PM   #12
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

I never really watched Twin Peaks in its heyday, probably in no small part because I was young at the time and had no clue what the show was about.
Except for The Straight Story, I have no idea what ANYTHING by David Lynch is about.

(Then again, that's the only one of Lynch's films that he didn't write as well as direct, so that probably explains it.)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2014, 09:32 PM   #13
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

George Steinbrenner wrote: View Post
I never really watched Twin Peaks in its heyday, probably in no small part because I was young at the time and had no clue what the show was about.
Except for The Straight Story, I have no idea what ANYTHING by David Lynch is about.

(Then again, that's the only one of Lynch's films that he didn't write as well as direct, so that probably explains it.)
Well, Lynch is far more concerned about subtext and thematic meaning than text (I don't think there's ever been a more meticulous director when it comes to mise en scene), but I've always found his work to at least have something of a defined narrative. Mulholland Drive is easily his most accessible film because it was written for television, but I guess his only film I haven't ever really wrapped my head around is Inland Empire, which is just bonkers on a whole other level.

To each their own, though, of course.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2014, 11:33 AM   #14
eyeresist
Commander

Evil Headhunter wrote: View Post
I guess I should finally watch the show. I always resisted before because I knew it ended with an unresolved cliffhanger and I knew couldn't handle that.
"Unresolved" isn't really the problem. It's the novelty characters who outlive their usefulness and become a tiresome burden. If you watch, best strategy is to skip straight to the final episode after the murder mystery is solved (mid 2nd season).
Dean: It's like I don't even know you guys anymore. Star Trek Four! Save the whales!
eyeresist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2014, 01:49 PM   #15
theenglish
Rear Admiral

ScareQ wrote: View Post
dragunzng wrote: View Post
You started watching last week, and you're halfway through the pilot...

I guess you really like to slow things down and take it all in.

I can dig it.
This is probably the way anything by David Lynch should be watched--but I think he was saying he started watching it and hasn't had time to get back to it yet.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote