RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,397
Posts: 5,358,756
Members: 24,627
Currently online: 492
Newest member: space2050


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 3 2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
First Tron:Uprising Trailer

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing this when it comes out..

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...medium=twitter
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Interesting that the faces seem to be 2D animation rather than 3D. It's not bad-looking, but I wish it were closer to the more colorful aesthetic of the original film than the drab monochrome look of the sequel.

And what's this about the main character being groomed to replace Tron? I hope that doesn't mean that the Tron in Legacy is going to turn out to have been this guy. (He did have Boxleitner's voice, though we never saw his face in the present-day scenes.)
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Brikar99
Rear Admiral
 
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

I didn't care much for "Tron: Legacy," but I'll give this a go when it comes around.
__________________
SNW 9: 'Mestral' - 'Ninja Werewolf Assassins!' - Movie/TV reviews: For Reelz
Brikar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 08:11 PM   #4
AvBaur
Captain
 
AvBaur's Avatar
 
Location: Munich, Germany
View AvBaur's Twitter Profile
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Haven't seen "Legacy" yet, but this trailer looks really nice! I think I can safely say that this is the most impressive bit of CG animation for a TV cartoon that I've seen.
__________________
HIPSTERS IN HELL - my webcomic: http://www.hipsters-comic.com
AvBaur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 09:08 PM   #5
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Christopher wrote: View Post
Interesting that the faces seem to be 2D animation rather than 3D. It's not bad-looking, but I wish it were closer to the more colorful aesthetic of the original film than the drab monochrome look of the sequel.

And what's this about the main character being groomed to replace Tron? I hope that doesn't mean that the Tron in Legacy is going to turn out to have been this guy. (He did have Boxleitner's voice, though we never saw his face in the present-day scenes.)
Actually we did see his face briefly when he had his final line in the movie.

Or did I imagine that?
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

I don't recall that. I'm pretty sure he was helmeted there. Maybe you're thinking of one of the flashback scenes where he appeared.
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Boxleiter is training someone to replace him. This is supposed to be a prequel set before Clu was able to corrupt Tron and turn him into Rinzler. Elijah Wood's character is named Beck.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2011, 01:35 AM   #8
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Looks pretty freakin cool.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2011, 02:19 AM   #9
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

^Indeed.

I wonder if the 2D faces mean there won't be a 3D version of the show... ?
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2011, 02:41 AM   #10
Saga
Rear Admiral
 
Saga's Avatar
 
Location: VA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

looks good. i'm up for more Tron stuffs.
__________________
formerly known as Praetor_Shinzon.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2011, 03:33 AM   #11
God Magnus
Commodore
 
God Magnus's Avatar
 
Location: A world where criminals operate above the law...
View God Magnus's Twitter Profile
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Looks great, though my only worry are the inevitable weird continuity glitches between an animated series and a movie. I mean, Legacy set a pretty solid timeline of Clu's going bad and what happened to Tron. This seems to almost contradict that (but I could see how they could get around it).
__________________
Benson Yee
Ben's World of Transformers [Toy Reviews, Image galleries, Interviews, News and more!]
God Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2011, 03:38 AM   #12
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Gaith wrote: View Post
^Indeed.

I wonder if the 2D faces mean there won't be a 3D version of the show... ?
Two different types of 2D/3D. When speaking about animation, 2D refers to traditional hand-drawn animation starting with pencil sketches (formerly inked and painted on cels, these days scanned and digitally inked and painted in a computer), while 3D refers to animation using computer models that are mathematically 3-dimensional. Either type of animation can be displayed in 2D (like a conventional film or TV image) or in "3D" stereoscopic form, depending on how the image is processed and presented. For instance, Disney's Tangled was animated in the traditional, hand-drawn way with flat images, but it was made (or processed after the fact) in such a way that it could be displayed stereoscopically with the illusion of depth (although there was a 2D version for ordinary movie screens as well). Conversely, The Incredibles (like most Pixar films) was animated using 3D computer models, but was projected in 2D.
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2011, 03:59 AM   #13
Dac
Commodore
 
Dac's Avatar
 
Location: The Essex wastes...
View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Christopher wrote: View Post
Gaith wrote: View Post
^Indeed.

I wonder if the 2D faces mean there won't be a 3D version of the show... ?
Two different types of 2D/3D. When speaking about animation, 2D refers to traditional hand-drawn animation starting with pencil sketches (formerly inked and painted on cels, these days scanned and digitally inked and painted in a computer), while 3D refers to animation using computer models that are mathematically 3-dimensional. Either type of animation can be displayed in 2D (like a conventional film or TV image) or in "3D" stereoscopic form, depending on how the image is processed and presented. For instance, Disney's Tangled was animated in the traditional, hand-drawn way with flat images, but it was made (or processed after the fact) in such a way that it could be displayed stereoscopically with the illusion of depth (although there was a 2D version for ordinary movie screens as well). Conversely, The Incredibles (like most Pixar films) was animated using 3D computer models, but was projected in 2D.
Tangled was definitely Computer Generated 3D animation, not hand drawn.

Princess and the Frog was Hand drawn 2D however.


Besides, I don't think thats what Gaith mean't. As far as i'm aware, this is going to be a non-stereoscopic 2D presentation.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2011, 04:18 AM   #14
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Yeah, I meant whether or not the series would be broadcast/rendered in stereoscopic 3D for home 3D/Blu-ray 3D.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2011, 04:39 AM   #15
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: First Tron:Uprising Trailer

Well we do know that things move more slowly in the Grid than they do in real time. I suspect that the series is going to play around with that.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
tron, tron uprising

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.