RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,818
Currently online: 441
Newest member: Thomas Eugene

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old May 19 2013, 02:27 AM   #736
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: My first voyage with Voyager

To be fair... that was Kim's best episode. And I liked that LaForge got a ship.
Old May 19 2013, 03:34 AM   #737
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I wanted that Kim to get sent back in time and take our Kim's place and we could have edgy(ish) handsome Kim forever!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2013, 04:16 AM   #738
Qutluch
Commander

The present Harry Kim was definetly better than Voyager's Kim! Also, great point R. Star. LaForge showing up was the best part of the episode for me!
Old May 19 2013, 04:31 AM   #739
teacake
Admiral

How much older is Kim in Timeless?

It would be so hilarious if he had been sent back to Voyager in place of younger Kim and all the ladies that he had no success with were suddenly swooning over him.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old May 19 2013, 05:21 AM   #740
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

Qutluch wrote: View Post
I know, I just do not like Harry Kim. The Doc was good though, as always.
Aw come on... Harry isn't that bad! He just got...unlucky most of the time and didn't have the most exciting lines or episodes.

And yeah this was one of his better episodes!

And hell yes the Doc is always good.
Old May 19 2013, 05:10 PM   #741
Qutluch
Commander

Infinite regress

I liked this episode. Naomi is a cute addition to the crew, I hope they continue to use her. I always like episodes where the actress/actor get to leave their normal persona behind and act in many different ways. This episode kind of reminds me of data when he had his emotion chip.

Seven had the Borg equivalent of multiple personality disorder. She kept hearing voices from individuals who were taken by the Borg. It is interesting that she now cannot stand multiple voices in her head now, this just goes to show that she is embracing her humanity.

Tuvok mind melds with her to aid her back to sanity, but it was B'Ellanas work on the alien technology that really helped her. Seven had the personality of a mother looking for her child, a ferengi I (which was my favorite personality), a Klingon, a child... The scene with Janeway where she turned into the ferengi was great. I laughed so hard! I do enjoy episodes where the actress/tor get to be a different character. It was doubly nice that they were able to tie it in to the plot and make it relevant to seven's character development.

It was an interesting way to damage the Borg. I wonder if that will ever come in handy?

Favorite part: that seven went to visit Naomi, and that Naomi is over her fear of seven. It is a good omen.

Least favorite part: I did not care for the mind meld scene. It seemed somewhat pointless. Tuvok really did not aid her, rather B'Elaana stopped the disturbing technology.
Old May 19 2013, 06:19 PM   #742
Qutluch
Commander

Thirty days

Interesting, I was sure that this was going to be one of those episodes where it appears to start one way, but everything is better in the end. Nope! Not this time.

Voyager finds an ocean planet and aides them in going far under water to get data on want is going wrong with their ocean. The scientist is really afraid that their mining operation is damaging the realm and will eventually lead to its destruction. The data supported this. The voyager crew makes recomendations to ambassador-like guy, but it is apparent that they will ignore the problem. Paris has taken a personal interest in this since it reminds him of his childhood and wish to join the navy, which was crushed by his father. Paris ends up stealing a shuttle and going with the scientist to destroy the mining operations. Janeway was forced to shot at him to make him stop. He was stripped of rank and given 30 days in the brig.

First, I like how the story is retold through his account in a letter to his father. Second, before he started push ups that was my comment to my husband, I found that funny. Third, I loved sevens comment when they were in the shuttle. She said something like she often abides to the collective.

This was a good episode. I am interested to see how Paris' reactions to the crew will be. Basically, he only outranks Naomi at this point. I kind of hope there is a nice sexual joke between him and B'Ellana over this. Oh, and I enjoyed seeing the dellaney sisters!

Favorite part: this was a very serious episode, but not horribly fake or overly dramatic. I look forward to the effects of this episode.

Least favorite part: I am not sure...what do you guys think?
Old May 19 2013, 07:05 PM   #743
teya
Vice Admiral

Qutluch wrote: View Post
Seven had the personality of a mother looking for her child, a ferengi I (which was my favorite personality), a Klingon, a child... The scene with Janeway where she turned into the ferengi was great. I laughed so hard! I do enjoy episodes where the actress/tor get to be a different character.
Love that scene!

Also loved the scene where they were going over Seven's logs. Jeri created 3 distinct characters using only her voice. If there were any questions left regarding her ability to act, this answered them.

Least favorite part: I did not care for the mind meld scene. It seemed somewhat pointless. Tuvok really did not aid her, rather B'Elaana stopped the disturbing technology.
I think Tuvok's part was simply to get her to hang on until they could disable the viniculum. Similar to what he did with Kes in "The Gift."
Old May 20 2013, 01:57 AM   #744
Shatnertage
Rear Admiral

View Shatnertage's Twitter Profile

Yeah, my big beef with this episode was that it was solved by technobabble rather than Seven making a profound inner breakthrough.

The funny thing about "Thirty Days" for me was when he started writing the letter to his dad and went through the different ways of addressing it. Right before he said, "Dear Dad," I yelled it out, which made my wife chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOTRxt-dIw
Shatnertage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2013, 02:18 AM   #745
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Care to guess on who gets promoted first? Kim or Paris?
Old May 20 2013, 02:31 AM   #746
teacake
Admiral

R. Star wrote: View Post
You're naughty.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old May 20 2013, 03:08 AM   #747
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I was wondering if Kim became Tactical officer in the AJ Timeline?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2013, 04:40 AM   #748
Qutluch
Commander

R. Star wrote: View Post
I hope Paris! If for no other reason than to humiliate Kim. It always makes me laugh that he got the girl first too!
Old May 20 2013, 04:41 AM   #749
teacake
Admiral

You're like that girl that made trekkies suffer in high school!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old May 20 2013, 05:14 AM   #750
Qutluch
Commander

Latent image

Another profound episode. A serious episode that did not end with a happy-go-lucky scene. I liked this one.

The doctor is doing physicals for the whole crew when he finds that Kim had a surgery conducted by him. However, the Doc does not remember the surgery. He tries to figure out what is going on, but the Captain dismisses him. He goes back to the sick bay to turn his program off, and sets his "camera" out to take a picture of anyone who enters sickbay. Sneaky, sneaky.

Janeway went in and erased his short term memory. The doctor wants an answer, but Janeway is hesitant to give him one. Only after a conversation with Janeway about the morality if the individual does Janeway decide to tell him. Turns out while on an away mission they were attacked and Kim and another woman were injured, but the doctor only had a moment to save one, not time for both. He chose Kim, and later had a breakdown for choosing his friend. Once he found out what happened he broke down again, but rather than erasing his memories (thanks to Seven) Janeway has someone, usually herself stay with the Doctor non stop on vigil while he works through it.

Problems/least favorite part: one, it is highly unlikely that the woman and Kim were in the exact same shape. As an EMH he should have been able to detect even a slight variance (bllod pressure, pulse, who lost more blood...) in their conditions, making the whole episode null and void.....ignoring this plot flaw.....large flaw....I liked the episode.

Favorite part: I love the Doctor. Picardo is a wonderful actor!