Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old November 18 2011, 11:57 PM   #1
The Castellan
Commodore

Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan
Ideas for my Trek/Dr. Who Crossover

I've been playing with CGI for a little while, and wanted to make both a TV21 style Daleks comic, and a Dr. Who/Star Trek crossover comic. Here's some ideas I've been working on, though I am sure some more changes will occur before the first pages are even made.

Davros: I wanted to make a TV21 style of Davros, based upon the humanoid Daleks we've seen in the first chapter. I am still pondering if I will make both his arms use able, and weather or not he's going to talk by the use of a computer, similar to Steve Hawking. I also plan to put anime styles into my stuff as much as possible, also.

Here's Davros, deep in some little known, seldom used chamber, with an assistant (Nyder?), working on the prototype war machine (in the TV21 comics, the Dalek machines were actually going to be originally used a mini tanks or robots, akin to the Terminator films, where they'd go out and hunt down Thal survivors), and unlike Genesis of the Daleks, the original model is being used, here.

As for my Trek/Dr. Who crossover, I am still weeding out details, like what will the crew's ship be like, and I am still choosing. But right now for the sake of pictures, I am using a Star Trek: Phase 2 ship, which what the Enterprise would have looked like had the then planned second series be made, many of the unused ideas and scripts made it to TNG, a decade later. I am still choosing weather to have the stories in the period between TOS and The Wrath of Khan, before Trek got more militarized in the later, or in the TNG era.

My main characters of the ship (Still playing around with uniforms, so it's all a bit mixed up, right now). If I go by TOS-TMP era:

Captain Nozaki

First Officer, Zeg

Engineer Morson

Ensign M'Galla

Lt. Soola

Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Hartford

If I go with the TNG era:

And something, just for fun.

Let me know what ya think of some of these ideas I have in mind.

Last edited by T'Bonz; September 28 2014 at 06:48 AM.
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2011, 12:29 AM   #2
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Re: Ideas for my Trek/Dr. Who Crossover

Firstly, beautiful work all around. I wonder if the Daleks should be a little more "primitive" looking, if they're supposed to be the earliest models.

Secondly, will those mini-skirts pass the "wet thumb test" and if they do, can they then be made a little shorter?

Thirdly, it looks like the TOS Enterprise is taking a piss on the nu-Enterprise, which is in line with some people's opinions on the nu one.
Ar-Pharazon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2011, 01:11 AM   #3
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

Needs more of a splash effect on the JJPrise. Might also get the idea across better if the stream is coming from just below one of the nacelle struts.
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2011, 01:32 AM   #4
Albertese
Commodore

Is it just me or do some of these ladies look a little ... erm... I dunno... from their costumes and especially their poses, seems a little .... whore-ish?

Maybe I'm feeling a bit judgmental after a long and stressful week at work but a movie staring one black guy, a bunch of overly hot women and a vaguely phallic robot is something I don't want my kid to watch if you see where I'm gong with this...

--Alex

P.S. That take on the Oberth rocks,

--AM
Old November 19 2011, 01:36 AM   #5
The Castellan
Commodore

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Firstly, beautiful work all around. I wonder if the Daleks should be a little more "primitive" looking, if they're supposed to be the earliest models.

Secondly, will those mini-skirts pass the "wet thumb test" and if they do, can they then be made a little shorter?

Thirdly, it looks like the TOS Enterprise is taking a piss on the nu-Enterprise, which is in line with some people's opinions on the nu one.

The primitive Daleks are for the Dalek comic, which will be a sorta prequel spinoff for the Trek comic. For the Trek comic, I'm going use either the AARU film Daleks, if I can find a decent Emperor Dalek to use, or I'm going to use Mechmaster's Daleks (he has them in his online comic, Daleks: Second Empire, which is also animated on youtube), since he made a bitchin' emperor Dalek, and he even suggested I use his Daleks, so we'll see how it goes.

What's "the wet thumb test"? And as you seen with Cassy Morrison, she's wearing a totally new spin I made on the costumes, wearing a skirt, pants and pumps. She's an unofficial crew member, akin to like Tess, Nelix and Flox were. And she's also one of my own races, she does not know where she's from having been raised by humans on a colony on one of the planets in the Neutral Zone, before the Earth/Romulan conflict. She's also a 'male' of her species, dunno if you are into that, I am, so I figured I'd warn you ahead of time. Also, I am still trying to find a decent TOS/TMP era uniform mesh/texture, so if anyone has any good ones for Daz Studio, please let me know. Same goes for bridges, hallways and rooms....ESPECIALLY Klingon and Romulan ones.

That's exactly what you are seeing, the original Enterprise is taking a whiz on Jar Jar Abram's monstrosity. I am going to use that model, though, but not in what Jar Jar had in mind. If you wanna know what, scroll down.

Go on

Keep going

Second floor carpets,
travel goods and bedding,
material, soft furnishings,
restaurant and teas. Going down!

I always liked the idea of what happened at the end of A Mirror Darkly: Part 2, of the Terran Empire having the Defiant. I can see it being studied and reverse Engineered, plus imagine what the Empire learned from the Defiant's library computer archive. From this, I could see all sorts of stuff happening, and I envision the JJ Universe to being the Mirrior Universe, mainly because it became so militant, and in the Shatner books, the Terran Empire became what it was, due to fear of the unknown....sorta like post 9-11 style Trek. And, admit it, the Enterprise, with it's brewery engineering and cinder block walls, was way too powerful with it's DS9-esque phaser showers. Plus with how Sulu reacted to some of Spock's agents being Vulcan, I can see the Vulcans of that universe, their planet being destroyed, becoming more like their ancient ancestors. And the Empire was resting on its laurels, having taken their ill-gotten technology for granted, and began to re design their fleet, and the JJ Enterprise, I could see being the Terran Empire's TMP era Enterprise. Plus as cocky and full of himself, I could see the JJ Kirk being the mirror Kirk we all know. So, with a little tweaking and retconning, I could make some use of the cluster f*ck Jar's Jar's Universe made.
Old November 19 2011, 01:38 AM   #6
The Castellan
Commodore

Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
Needs more of a splash effect on the JJPrise. Might also get the idea across better if the stream is coming from just below one of the nacelle struts.
Tried with that idea, but it did not look right, since the 'stream' had to be stretched and distorted, it's all I had to use.
Old November 19 2011, 02:48 AM   #7
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Not that I think there's such a thing as "too short"
Ar-Pharazon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2011, 03:15 AM   #8
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Very Nice pics and good to see a Dalek not be evil

and good use of the USS Dumont Render with blue Nacelle fronts

and Very Nice Phase 2 Constitution class Render

and your Crew looks Awesome to me
Old November 19 2011, 03:33 AM   #9
The Castellan
Commodore

Albertese wrote: View Post
Is it just me or do some of these ladies look a little ... erm... I dunno... from their costumes and especially their poses, seems a little .... whore-ish?

Maybe I'm feeling a bit judgmental after a long and stressful week at work but a movie staring one black guy, a bunch of overly hot women and a vaguely phallic robot is something I don't want my kid to watch if you see where I'm gong with this...

--Alex

--AM

Well, I am pretty much making an anime styled Trek, and along with the fact that TOS era Trek had a lot of girls in revealing costumes, there's nothing really wrong with girls, or guys, having a little sex appeal....anime has it all the time. Plus I am not concerned weather my stories are 'kiddy friendly' or not, plus most kids and teens are smarter and understand stuff most adults don't want to acknowledge. Also, I never understood the idea of if a woman dresses skimpy or don't dress modestly, she's automatically called 'whorish'

Anyhow, The Doctor is not the only black person on the ship, and he's a lot like the character, Walter Hartford, from Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers, I even gave him the same name in homage. I am still pondering weather I outta make him either the ship's Doctor or Engineer. A lot like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfXDX2vn-k4 & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLd53CBYC-Y

Also, the robot is not a robot. It is a Dalek, here's some info on them. http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Dalek And I really don't see anything phalic about them. There's a nasty, brainy blob, deep within those shells.

I like that particular Oberth as well. One thing in Trek, and many other science fiction series, is that any and all science/scout/cargo ships either are equipped with very weak weapons, that are in comparison to spit wads, or no weapons at all. To me, and explorer/science ship should be able to handle itself in a fight, because while there are many peaceful beings out there, I am sure that there are also some not so peaceful beings, or at least one who will not welcome a Starfleet vessel with open arms, or whatever appendages they have. Some could be like the stereotypical good ole' boy that sits on his porch and reaches for his shotgun anytime someone walks by and will shout, "Git off m' property!", so I think any ship, especially when it's by itself, should be able to fight, if needed to. And, also, if you look closely, you can see a connecting pylon between the primary and secondary hull, with a torpedo launcher, and I could see there being at least one turbo lift shaft, or at least some ladders, that allows one to move around the ship, and this one solves the "where's the dish?" mystery, since this has one, in that hole in front on the secondary hull. I am still pondering what sorta ship to use for my story, but I feel that the era I pick will effect my decision.

I am also going to reintroduce the ideas of going where no one has gone before, like that line Picard said, "Do any of you remember when we used to be explorers?" I plan do to that stuff, there will be some battles, but not for the sake of just showing stuff blow up and weapons fire, like JJ did.
Old November 19 2011, 03:46 AM   #10
The Castellan
Commodore

Albertese wrote: View Post

--Alex

--AM
Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post

Not that I think there's such a thing as "too short"
So that's what it's called, eh? I always called it, "What business men in Japan do to women on the subways, while reading their newspapers".

Though, as I mentioned, Cassy Morrison need not worry about that problem.

Here's a few more practice shots.

And if anyone wanted to see how Cassy often dresses when not in uniform.

Here's two possible spoilers shots for a story I have in mind. Hint: If Jar Jar Abrams can wreck our trek, I can wreck his fav series.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../StarWars1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../StarWars2.jpg

Now I dunno if this story will have my crew going to another universe, or just another Galaxy.

Last edited by T'Bonz; September 28 2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old November 19 2011, 04:11 AM   #11
Shatinator
Commander

OH MY!...
Shatinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2011, 04:31 AM   #12
The Castellan
Commodore

Here's some more beauty shots. The little ship is Cassy's personal ship. In my stories, she won the ship from Harry Mudd in a game of cards, though he was a good sport about it, and Cassy, on request from Starfleet, reaches the crew's ship, in a style similar to Spock in TMP. Here's some of that, both for the Phase 2 ship, and a film model, when I was playing around with having a Constition in the TNG era.

Cassy wanted to make them sweat a little bit, here.

And for the hell of it, here's more Dalek art I've done.

Always wanted to put an anime sweat drop on the red Dalek, there.

Old November 19 2011, 06:56 AM   #13
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Epic new Renders
Old November 19 2011, 08:57 AM   #14
Albertese
Commodore

I am familiar with Daleks. I hope you don't take my comment too seriously.

--Alex
Old November 19 2011, 06:45 PM   #15
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

Some very cool stuff here!
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote