Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old August 5 2014, 11:29 PM   #5131
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

They remembered the tattoo, but they forgot the wound on his tail. Go figure.
Old August 6 2014, 02:04 AM   #5132
Undead
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Undead

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Have you noticed and played around with Jabba's opening mouth feature as described on the underside of his box?

Yes, I know that didn't sound right at all.
Dirty minds... Is the speeder bike a new incarnation of the older mold with distinct pieces, or is it basically a solid piece? I'm curious cause I had an original speeder bike in my toy collection growing up, and I always had a bit of a soft spot for it.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2014, 02:05 AM   #5133
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile

It's all-new. They've never before made a 6" version of the Imperial Speeder Bike before and I believe it has some articulated, moving pieces. I don't think it's all one solid lump of plastic.
Old August 6 2014, 02:25 AM   #5134
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

You know, it occurs to me that I've never really shown off my Star Wars collection here. I'll admit, it's not amazing. I have limited space, so a lot of it is crammed together inside a single display case. Still, I have some nice stuff.

The very top. There a Sideshow 1/6 scale Jabba, Bib Fortuna, and Salacious Crumb. Also are a few of the Unleashed statues. That was an amazing line that I really miss.

Interior top shelf is all the 3 3/4" figures. I've condensed this down quite a bit. I used to have a ton on display.

Second interior shelf is a more recent addition. This is for the 6" Black Series figures. I'm still figuring out how I like them here, so this is more of a temporary setup:

Bottom interior shelf is my Sideshow 1/6 scale shelf. Ah, these are wonderful. Though I've actually switched most of them out with superior Hot Toys bodies. That's where there's a little bit of skin color discrepancy. It doesn't show up anywhere near as much in person as it does in the photo, though.
Old August 6 2014, 04:24 PM   #5135
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

You have a pretty great collection, man. The second photo is almost a Sgt. Pepper album cover for toy geeks. Needless to say, you have more than a few figures in these pics that are in hot demand and I have to give props to anybody who managed to find both the Vintage Collection Bastila Shan and Darth Malgus. I'm impressed.

Cool pics!
Old August 6 2014, 05:25 PM   #5136
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Yeah, I was surprised when people told me Bastilla was hard to find. I guess that's the one perk to living in a small town. My Wal-mart may be the last to get everything, but when it does I have no competition.
Old August 6 2014, 05:32 PM   #5137
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

To this day the Vintage Collection version of her is expensive on eBay. You can get the multilingual Canadian cardback of the figure, but even that one can cost a buyer $40 or $50. The Black Series repack and repaint might drive the Vintage release's secondary market prices down a little, but seeing as the paint apps are different and each figure is "unique" it may not.
Old August 7 2014, 05:13 AM   #5138
Kira's Mummy
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mummy's Twitter Profile

I just bid on a loose Starfox figure from the exclusive SDCC Thanos set. I sure hope Thanos's younger, sexier brother makes an appearance in the MCU!

Old August 7 2014, 11:51 AM   #5139
Dinklebot
That Wizard

View Dinklebot's Twitter Profile

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
My my what a fruitful hunt I had today!

First, here's the Walgreens exclusive Hand of the King Tyrion Lannister from Funko's Game of Thrones Legacy Line:

This easily the preferred version of Tyrion. It's what he actually wears for most of the show. It makes me wonder why the heck this one is the exclusive, while the regular release is his far less commonly seen armor.
What's the regular version, some sort of battle armour?

"It would not be an Ubisoft game if you didn’t need to reach a high point and look around like a confused pigeon."
- Brendan Caldwell
Dinklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2014, 10:46 PM   #5140
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Yeah, this is the regular version. I think he wore this in one episode. Hardly the look I think of for Tyrion.

Picked up the new Earth-2 Batman yesterday. I love Batman variants, and this is a really sweet and unique looking one:
Old August 8 2014, 01:25 AM   #5141
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

I saw my very first 6" Jabba the Hutt today at my local TRU, but since my first 6" purchases are intended as boxed display pieces and this particular Jabba had a dented and crushed upper corner of the packaging I had to pass on this copy and wait for the next ones I see. There were no 6" Speeder Bikes and Biker Scouts left.

My Targets just completed its toy department reset with the brand new, much wider Star Wars section complete with the new Command figurines and toys, Rebels gear and the huge X-Wing Fighters that are just big, solid lumps of plastic with no moving parts except for a removable astromech shell you plug into the droid socket, but no new 6" to be seen and just the same-old, same-old 3.75" figures that were there before the reset. Still, the new displays look pretty cool and it's an exponential improvement over what it looked like before.
Old August 8 2014, 03:32 AM   #5142
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Oh, and finally found Nova, so my Groot now has a right arm! Yay!
Old August 8 2014, 03:37 AM   #5143
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Richard and Tony are disappointed they weren't included in the shot

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 03:49 AM   #5144
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Old August 8 2014, 04:48 AM   #5145
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

^ That's awesome.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote