Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old March 13 2014, 09:16 PM   #4531
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
You know, Hasbro's case packs are unbelievably stupid (I know this is not news)

The case pack for Wave 2 is:

3 Captain Americas
2 Winter Soliders
1 Black Widow
1 Red Skull
1 Baron Zemo

Ok, 3 Caps, fine. He's the main character, and he'll sell the best. 2 Winter Soldiers, cool design the big new character of the film. Fine. 1 Black Widow pisses me right the hell off. She has the essential torso piece of the Build-a-figure. She's an essential character in her own right, and scalpers will snap her up quickly.
Here's an ugly story for you. I went into a local Target store, not particularly looking for anything, when I saw a Black Widow package hanging on one of the pegs.

Notice that I said Black Widow package.

Inside the package, was a Batgirl figure.
http://www.manofactionfigures.com/si...cy_batgirl.jpg
The actual Black Widow figure and her accessories were gone (except for the torso piece of the build-a-figure). Curious, I looked at the packaging and saw where it had been carefully opened and then taped back up.

I can only think that was done by someone who worked there at that store...
Old March 13 2014, 09:21 PM   #4532
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Man, and that's a good Batgirl figure, too.

I don't think it was done by someone at the store. It was most likely done by some pathetic piece of slime that bought Black Widow, traded it out for the Batgirl, and then returned it to a clueless Target employee that has no idea the difference. I've seen it before, and it makes me sick.
Old March 13 2014, 09:53 PM   #4533
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

Sometimes figure switches are done by customers who then return the older, less desirable character for a refund. It might have been perpetrated by a store employee and that's happened for sure, but as a SW collector I've seen and heard a ton of truly disappointing and irritating stories of collectors who find the figures they've been hunting for only to find out that somebody bought a Darth Malgus or a 6" Greedo, removed them from the packaging, put an old Darth Vader from the beefy "Steroid" era or a superhero character in their place and then took them back to the store to get a full customer refund.

And since most customer service and returns employees don't know Darth Malgus from Death Metal they just make sure an object is in the packaging, refund the customer and have it sent back to the toy department for reshelving. It blows but only some very alert and knowledgeable employees can stop most of this.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 08:48 PM   #4534
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

Still no luck getting Black Widow, but I did score a Micro Muggs Hawkeye. I should have him by Tuesday.
Old March 15 2014, 03:41 AM   #4535
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I was originally on the fence with the Crime Syndicate Owl-Man since we didn't have a final version of what he would look like, but based on these pics and review, I'll be getting him for sure.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=22119

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 04:02 AM   #4536
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

it looks great. while i think Forever Evil has dragged on and on i will be getting the Crime Syndicate figures.
Old March 15 2014, 04:29 AM   #4537
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

The Crime Syndicate figures look great, but I've got the DCUC versions, and don't feel compelled to pick them up. I'm glad that DCC is getting into the super-articulation more and more in the wake of DCUC's demise. The upcoming Capullo Batman and Nightwing both look like they are going to be the very best versions of these characters ever made in this scale. Though, this comes with the drawback of any figure not receiving that treatment feeling lackluster. The upcoming Outlaws will have old style DCUC articulation, and I just can't get excited for them.
Old March 15 2014, 04:41 AM   #4538
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Keep your eyes open at your local Target store(s) if you're in the market for the brand-new Wave 3 of 6" Black Series figures. Several store reports have landed on the collecting websites detailing finds of the new Stormtrooper, Bespin Luke Skywalker and ROTS Obi-Wan. Thus far it's just a few random, scattered examples but it appears Wave 3 has begun its gradual rollout at American big box retail.

Old March 15 2014, 04:46 AM   #4539
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

^Joy!

So, me goofing off for a second with a couple recent acquisitions:

When you play the Game of Ponies, you whinny or you die.
Old March 15 2014, 06:00 AM   #4540
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Also OdoWan that other Nightwing that was revealed at Toy Fair, seems to be part of another line. I think it is for the upcoming Son of Batman line. The Capullo Nightwing is still intact.

Old March 15 2014, 06:21 AM   #4541
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

^Joy!

So, me goofing off for a second with a couple recent acquisitions:

When you play the Game of Ponies, you whinny or you die.
Win!

Made my night with that one .
Old March 15 2014, 11:33 AM   #4542
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Man, and that's a good Batgirl figure, too.

I don't think it was done by someone at the store. It was most likely done by some pathetic piece of slime that bought Black Widow, traded it out for the Batgirl, and then returned it to a clueless Target employee that has no idea the difference. I've seen it before, and it makes me sick.
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Sometimes figure switches are done by customers who then return the older, less desirable character for a refund. It might have been perpetrated by a store employee and that's happened for sure, but as a SW collector I've seen and heard a ton of truly disappointing and irritating stories of collectors who find the figures they've been hunting for only to find out that somebody bought a Darth Malgus or a 6" Greedo, removed them from the packaging, put an old Darth Vader from the beefy "Steroid" era or a superhero character in their place and then took them back to the store to get a full customer refund.

And since most customer service and returns employees don't know Darth Malgus from Death Metal they just make sure an object is in the packaging, refund the customer and have it sent back to the toy department for reshelving. It blows but only some very alert and knowledgeable employees can stop most of this.
Hmph. Learn something new every day. Unfortunately, it tends to be a lot about people taking advantage of others (in this case, retail stores)...
Old March 15 2014, 03:34 PM   #4543
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Also OdoWan that other Nightwing that was revealed at Toy Fair, seems to be part of another line. I think it is for the upcoming Son of Batman line. The Capullo Nightwing is still intact.
It's actually just a part of their regular ongoing New 52 line. It's still odd that they would release two versions of the exact same costume in the same year, though. I'll only be getting the Capullo version, as it's sculpt and articulation both look far superior to me.
Old March 16 2014, 01:15 AM   #4544
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ That's it! Yeah...I was confused since they revealed Nightwing for "Son of Batman" as well. The Capullo sculpt is easily superior. I've actually warmed up to the red since it was first introduced.

Old March 16 2014, 01:27 AM   #4545
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

The 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper (Black Series) with corrected paint apps is hitting stores. In Europe.

The variant.

Seems this corrected Clone is shipping only in a case revision / assortment available to European retailers, one that contains even more of the Biggs and Anakin carry forwards from Wave 1 that American retailers can't seem to give away. I'd like to see this superior, fixed version of the 41st Clone in stores and others would too, but if it means a bunch of additional Anakin and Biggs figures that will jam pegs and collect dust alongside the earlier figures that aren't selling then let others have this case assortment.