RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 380
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old October 22 2013, 07:16 PM   #3736
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

finally got Kamen Rider Wizard Infinity. i think this has some of the best detailing in the SH Figuarts line.

Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 10:12 PM   #3737
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I know nothing about this series, besides vaguely remembering it as Masked Rider years ago on Fox Kids. That is one seriously awesome looking figure, though. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything translucent and crystally.
Old October 23 2013, 03:11 AM   #3738
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

Same here. Unless I Googled it I couldn't tell you a thing about it, but the figures do look pretty detailed and very cool.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 05:56 AM   #3739
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Really looking forward to seeing what Kira's Mom and the Avengers have planned for Halloween since we're now just a handful of days away. In other news:

The Amazon.com-exclusive Droid Factory figures on unique cardbacks are about to ship.

I don't know if anyone here ordered them after learning they're online exclusives and are the only way to get Count Dooku's Pilot Droid (FA-4) from his solar sailer ship, but if you did then you should receive them soon. There are six figures in the Amazon line and, of course, you can build a seventh figure which is a protocol droid from The Clone Wars and Jabba's Palace.

ETA: Just Breaking!

The upcoming 6" regular Stormtrooper:

Last edited by cooleddie74; October 24 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old October 25 2013, 09:32 AM   #3740
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

The two different heads for the new Sideshow Collectibles "Dark Contemplation" Mythos statue.

Hayden Christensen for a younger Vader during the early period after he is first encased in his life-support armor:

Sebastian Shaw for an older Vader later in and at the very end of his life:

Old October 25 2013, 11:40 PM   #3741
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

The 60s Batman line from Mattel has been great. We've gotten Adam West as Batman, Burt Ward as Robin, Caesar Romero as the Joker, Burgess Meredith as the Penguin, Frank Gorshin as the Riddler, and now some random woman as Catwoman:

Disappointing, really. They're been so on the mark with the likenesses so far, but I can't see any of Newmar in this one.
Old October 26 2013, 02:57 AM   #3742
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, that's the weakest figure in the new Batman line to be sure. If they were just going to miss the mark with a Julie Newmar likeness we could have gotten a great Eartha Kitt instead, but oh well. They could always do a running change if they have to to correct her head.

Old October 26 2013, 03:32 AM   #3743
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

They could, but I would say there's a better chance of Hasbro forever swearing off all repacks for the rest of time than there is of Mattel going back and giving this figure a new head.
Old October 26 2013, 03:37 AM   #3744
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

All I ask is that their Egghead figure look like Vincent Price. Get Catwoman wrong and you have two other actresses who played her. Get Egghead, King Tut or the Bookworm wrong and there's not much you can do unless you make running changes, and like you said Mattel probably wouldn't bother.

Old October 26 2013, 04:19 AM   #3745
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

i just want Yvonne Craig as Batgirl...
Old October 26 2013, 05:04 AM   #3746
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Catwoman was supposed to be the last figure in this line. There have been rumblings, though, that this line has far outperformed Mattel's expectations, and they want to continue it. They showed off a Surfs Up Joker at NYCC. That figure is an extremely simple repaint, so they could cobble it together quickly. Any other figure would require development time, so it may be SDCC at the earliest before we hear more. Word before was that Yvonne Craig was holding out on her likeness. She recently announced she had made a deal on the merchandising rights, though. Seems there is still hope for a Batgirl, Egghead, King Tutt, Bookworm, or Eartha Kitt Catwoman.
Old October 26 2013, 05:12 AM   #3747
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

I know some fans don't like him and some people have never heard of his character, but Roddy McDowall's Bookworm was fun. Plus, it'd be a Roddy McDowall action figure, and aside from a Cornelius or two made from the original Planet of the Apes films and TV series how often do we ever see that?

Old October 26 2013, 07:10 AM   #3748
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant Commander

Started collecting miniature Star Trek ships recently for playing the Federation Commander game. Between Heroclix/Star Trek Attack Wing and MicroMachine minis, I've got a pretty nice collection. Now I just have to figure out how to get them onto 1" hexstands for the game. Also keeping an eye out for the old FASA Star Trek starship miniatures.

Anyone else into this?
Old October 26 2013, 09:36 AM   #3749
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Wow. Those Sideshow Anakin Vader's look awesome!

Just a heads up for Arkham Origins fans. Wave One of the line is now available to order from Big Bad Toy Store and I assume in stores soon if not now already. I'll be picking up Batman next week. Black Mask next month, and maybe even Mistah Jay too.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2013, 09:59 AM   #3750
Saga
Rear Admiral

Captain Nebula wrote: View Post
Started collecting miniature Star Trek ships recently for playing the Federation Commander game. Between Heroclix/Star Trek Attack Wing and MicroMachine minis, I've got a pretty nice collection. Now I just have to figure out how to get them onto 1" hexstands for the game. Also keeping an eye out for the old FASA Star Trek starship miniatures.

Anyone else into this?
i have some of the old MicroMachines. i think the first starship toy i owned as a kid was the diecast Enterprise D. the one that could saucer separate. i also have several of the Johnny Lightning and Hot Wheels ships.