Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old July 19 2012, 01:02 PM   #421
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Save that LOL for the Mets, I believe that it is a trademark infringement to use it for another team.

Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
LOL Braves.

That is all.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2012, 01:57 PM   #422
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

^No kidding. They went from buyers to sellers in a week. Not that they have much to sell.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2012, 03:10 PM   #423
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

I wish someone would take Jason Bay, we'll take back a bag of balls and some chew.
Old July 19 2012, 03:22 PM   #424
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

And now the Marlins want to trade Hanley and Heath for...Carl Crawford?
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2012, 03:43 PM   #425
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
I wish someone would take Jason Bay, we'll take back a bag of balls and some chew.
Don't worry, he'll hurt something again by the weekend.

Everything that lead to their 1st half success is falling apart. The starting pitching was lights out, Wright was playing like an MVP, and they got timely contributions from a bunch of no name kids.

Now the wheels are coming off the pitching, Wright is back to Earth, and the younger players are fading. The worst thing are the defensive and baserunning miscues in recent games.
Old July 19 2012, 04:42 PM   #426
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

LOL Braves.

That is all.
That idiot Chad Durbin being sent in by the even bigger idiot Fredi Gonzalez. Bochy and Fredi were trying to out-stupid each other last night with incredibly stupid decisions. We were all saying Durbin was going to lose the game for us in the 9th inning or so. He's a worthless piece of trash that needs to be in A ball. There's one pitcher for the Braves every year that sucks complete dick and he's the guy this year. I just don't understand why we have to fill the extra innings guy who can't get outs quota.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2012, 05:16 PM   #427
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
LOL Braves.

That is all.
That idiot Chad Durbin being sent in by the even bigger idiot Fredi Gonzalez. Bochy and Fredi were trying to out-stupid each other last night with incredibly stupid decisions. We were all saying Durbin was going to lose the game for us in the 9th inning or so. He's a worthless piece of trash that needs to be in A ball. There's one pitcher for the Braves every year that sucks complete dick and he's the guy this year. I just don't understand why we have to fill the extra innings guy who can't get outs quota.
It really seems like the longer a game goes, the more idiot a manager becomes. I was really surprised Bochy took out pretty much his entire line-up (Cabrera, Posey, and Sandoval) as the game went on. Giants got lucky with the long ball last night.
Old July 19 2012, 06:15 PM   #428
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

David Ross is just amazing. If McCann chooses to go somewhere else during free agency, we need to try to convince Ross to be our regular catcher for a while.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2012, 07:11 PM   #429
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
And now the Marlins want to trade Hanley and Heath for...Carl Crawford?
Buster Olney quashed this rumor right away -- it doesn't seem to have any traction.

I'd laugh so hard if the Marlins went into a hard sell mode just a few months after opening up their new stadium.
Old July 19 2012, 08:12 PM   #430
R. Star
Rear Admiral

So.. who's gonna give the Cubs some awesome prospects for Dempster and Garza? Or even... Soriano! C'mon you know you want em!
Old July 19 2012, 08:24 PM   #431
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...

R. Star wrote: View Post
So.. who's gonna give the Cubs some awesome prospects for Dempster and Garza? Or even... Soriano! C'mon you know you want em!
The Dodgers, Braves, Red Sox and Cardinals have all made it known they'd like Dempster, though the Dodgers are supposedly the front-runners for him. The Cubs had said that they wanted Dempster gone by the end of the week so they could ramp up the market for Garza, but he's still penciled in for tomorrow's start, so it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Complicating the trade market is that Dempster and his family live in Chicago and he isn't terribly interested in leaving (though he's agreed to waive his 10-5 rights), so it's entirely possible that a team could trade for him, only for him to return to the Cubs with a team-friendly contract in the offseason.

Garza's another story. The Red Sox are in on Dempster, but they really want Garza -- the problem is that their system is barren and they have nothing of real value to trade, outside of someone like Middlebrooks, and even though Ben Cherington is a moron, he isn't nearly stupid enough to trade his new toy (even though I wish he were).

C'mon, Theo. Ship Garza to Atlanta for Julio Teheran. Be a wizard.
Old July 19 2012, 08:35 PM   #432
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

What the problem is RIGHT NOW is that the Mets have a different lineup every single game. When they were playing their best, the same team was sent out game after game. Now, who knows what the starters will be. What happen the Mets became somewhat successful for all the reasons you mentioned, so instead of keeping to the fun of playing the kids and some other pieces, they are now TRYING to win. Go back to just playing, let the kids play. This is the starting line up I want, every day regardless of who is on the mound.

1. Ruban Tejada SS
2. Kirk Nieuwenhuis LF
3. David Wright 3B
4. Ike Davis 1B
5. Lucas Duda RF
6. Daniel Murphy 2B
7. Josh Thole C
8. Andres Torres CF

That should be the starters, regardless who is on the mound. Except when people need a rest and so forth. If Scott Hairston makes another start, I will pull my hair out. He is a pinch hitter, thats it. It pains me to no end to see him in a game.

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
Don't worry, he'll hurt something again by the weekend.

Everything that lead to their 1st half success is falling apart. The starting pitching was lights out, Wright was playing like an MVP, and they got timely contributions from a bunch of no name kids.

Now the wheels are coming off the pitching, Wright is back to Earth, and the younger players are fading. The worst thing are the defensive and baserunning miscues in recent games.
Old July 19 2012, 08:49 PM   #433
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ How soon do you think it will be before DenDekker or Wheeler or Harvey come up?
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; July 19 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2012, 02:56 PM   #434
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

This is the starting line up I want, every day regardless of who is on the mound.

1. Ruban Tejada SS
2. Kirk Nieuwenhuis LF
3. David Wright 3B
4. Ike Davis 1B
5. Lucas Duda RF
6. Daniel Murphy 2B
7. Josh Thole C
8. Andres Torres CF
I'd say put Torres #2, and Nieuwenhuisin the 7 or 8 spot.

I like Hairston, Cedeno, and Valdespin off the bench for the occasional at bat. And i want to toss a bag of rabid ferrets into the bullpen.
Old July 20 2012, 04:44 PM   #435
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

A's put up a big win on New York last night. Hopefully they do it at least 2 more times this weekend.