Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 11 2012, 08:00 AM   #76
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Just like Triple H's loss...this was inevitable...and it appears every match (even the first 'Taker/Trips match) will be included in this DVD.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/q...le_60220.shtml

I was listening to something the other day and the guys were saying that there have been serious talks to end the streak in the past, that Mark is not as protective of it as some of us may think, Randy Orton was planned to end the streak the first time during his Legend Killer gimmick a few years ago. I think it is very possible that Sting would have ended it last year had he signed with WWE. I think Mark would have give it up to get someone over or to create an interesting ongoing story line, but now there is no point.

Just saw something that Scott Hall has been arrested again...if I find a link I'll post it, or someone else can.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 11 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2012, 03:03 AM   #77
Jetfire

WWE needs to get it's act together...I know HHH wants Sheamus as WHC...but DB as a ultimate heal hasn't run it's course. AJ...so sweet an lovely needs a payoff for this AJ/DB garbage.
Old April 14 2012, 05:04 AM   #78
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Not really surprising, but there have been rumours and speculation that Flair could return to the WWE as soon as the end of this year. I think he has only a few months left on his TNA contract.

http://www.rantsports.com/pro-wrestl...o-wwe-in-2012/

Old April 15 2012, 09:41 PM   #79
Sheep
Vice Admiral

A bit late to the game with a few observations about Raw:

--Cena's mouth injury looked real to me. As noted, he was sporting a fat lip for the remainder of Raw that didn't look like it could be easily faked. Say what you want about him, but he's a true company man after lying down for the Rock at WM28, getting F5'd by Lesnar the following week and taking a punch this week. Looks like they're trying to erase SuperCena after all.

--Lesnar needs a mouthpiece or should just be a silent war machine. I know a wrestler who doesn't do promos isn't the WWE way but whenever he says more than a few words, he becomes less of a monster.

--Mark Henry is getting as much out of Jericho/Punk as Jericho and Punk are. Henry looked completely badass against Punk the past few weeks and gets something to do with Punk taking the DQ this week. I'd never have guessed in a million years that Henry and Punk would have good ring chemistry together.

--Sasso's Hulk Hogan imitation was uncanny and him taking a chokeslam from Kane were literally the only things I liked about the Three Stooges appearance. The less said about that, the better.
Old April 16 2012, 07:38 AM   #80
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Both Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff recently tweeted that Bret Hart is a sad, bitter person. That was from Bischoff. Hogan said he felt sorry for Bret because he is the type of person who needs someone to hate to feel better about him. Excuse me?

Bret has been critical of both Hogan and his time in WCW of course. I believe he was entitled to feel that way since WCW couldn't find a way to utilize him. Eric has admitted this himself. I get pissed off when Hogan and Bischoff run their mouths like this, they probably don't realize that it just continues to put them both in a bad light. Especially Hogan given what he's been and going through lately.

Old April 16 2012, 03:22 PM   #81
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Sheep wrote: View Post
--Mark Henry is getting as much out of Jericho/Punk as Jericho and Punk are. Henry looked completely badass against Punk the past few weeks and gets something to do with Punk taking the DQ this week. I'd never have guessed in a million years that Henry and Punk would have good ring chemistry together.
You know, Mark Henry often impresses me with his ability to work with almost anyone and make them look good. He had a great chemistry with Matt Hardy and Christian back in ECWWE, and his recent feud with Big Show wasn't the scheduled trip to the bathroom that I would have expected.

It's fair to say that he's quite underrated.
Old April 17 2012, 12:07 AM   #82
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

His longevity and patience is starting to pay off now for him I think. Like Cena, Henry seems to be a good little solider.

Looks like WWE is letting Brock be himself right now. He looks like he hasn't missed a beat either in terms of being a heel.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 17 2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old April 17 2012, 03:31 AM   #83
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Okay. YES is the new WHAT?!!! Raw was okay. The London crowd was hot tonight, even more so than for the Impact Wrestling show they had a couple months ago I think. Extreme Rules is setting up to be interesting with a Punk/JeriTroll rematch for the title, I guess Punk is going to break Mike's current longest WWE Championship reign with a win, Lesnar is gonna destroy Cena.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 17 2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old April 17 2012, 05:38 AM   #84
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
YES is the new WHAT?!!!
Well, at least that's a step in the right direction. I just hope it doesn't linger for a decade, so long that you'd have to check YouTube or some other website just to remember exactly what (AAHH! I said the word!) got "YES!" all started in the first place.

The WWE can and has done worse. At least they haven't saddled a past-his-prime pro wrestling icon with a Joker gimmick.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2012, 07:18 AM   #85
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

It is interesting that YES has gotten over the way it has, pretty quickly. I think Sheamus' victory has a ton to do with this though lol. IIRC when Austin first started using What it was pretty awkward and fan were trying to figure out what the fuck he was trying to do. I think it wasn't until he became a face again that it became the phenom it was and is.

Old April 17 2012, 09:25 AM   #86
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
IIRC when Austin first started using What it was pretty awkward and fan were trying to figure out what the fuck he was trying to do. I think it wasn't until he became a face again that it became the phenom it was and is.
That sounds right. What sucks about it is how many promos are doomed to fail because their momentum is broken by the constant chants. It's fine for the occasional heel promo or when a promo is already bombing or not making any sense.... Hmm, could've been useful during the days of the Ultimate Warrior (much as I was a mark back then). Speaking of phenoms, the "WHAT?!" chants have allowed the Undertaker to be rather creative with his responses over the years. Vince McMahon, too. Ultimately, I think the only person who can truly do "WHAT?!" any justice is the person who started the craze, Stone Cold Steve Austin. Maybe CM Punk, but even then just to throw it back at Austin as he has before on at least one occasion.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2012, 09:37 AM   #87
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Part of the charm of the chant for me personally (and I fully acknowledge the frustrating and annoying aspect of it for the superstars) is that fan reaction to the promos. If the promo sucks, they've gotten into it! If the promo is awesome they get into it...and the best thing about is that the speaker will if he or she is aware of what is going on will sometimes adjust to it. I think Truth has reacted to WHAT the best recent. "Don't WHAT Me!!!" I can remember Vince screaming at the crowd in a few promos, telling the crowd to "Don't say it!" "SHUT UP!!!!" LOL. It's that fun factor that makes it awesome to me...but yeah the overuse can get frustrating.

Old April 17 2012, 04:19 PM   #88
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

scnj wrote: View Post
barnaclelapse wrote: View Post
I always wondered if Raven poured actual alcohol on Punk during that one fantastic match they had ages and ages ago.
I read somewhere that it wasn't. I imagine the same applies here. It's not difficult to fake it being alcohol, and I doubt Punk would agree to it if they tried to push it on him.
Oh, I know it's easy. I used iced tea and water for booze when I was doing "The Odd Couple" a couple of years ago. The highlight of which had to be when I drank straight from the bottle (it was very hot), and a number of people in the audience gasped. I guess they thought it was real whiskey.

RAW last night wasn't bad. Very solid main-event.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2012, 04:30 PM   #89
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

We just used water for whiskey when I was in "I Hate Hamlet" in highschool. It helped that the bottle was opaque.

I really enjoyed Bryan vs. Kofi. Excellent pacing, good psychology, and great chemistry. Why Kofi has yet to get a World Title win under his belt, I'll never know. Particularlly when Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler both have. Not to take anything away from either of them.
Old April 18 2012, 01:10 AM   #90
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Raw has been actually decent since post 28. I expect it will be over the next month, although i'm not looking forward to the 3 Hour Raw next week. They're always over hyped and nothing happens. The draft is set for this month as well as I mentioned earlier. Smackdown needs a big time shake up again, Orton has done nothing for the show since being drafted last year.

As for the bottle...I remember reading somewhere questioning if the bottle looked cracked already, but wouldn't be surprised if it was real alcohol.