Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 3 2012, 04:21 AM   #16
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

^ No fucking kidding. HE IS BACK!! I've been let down A LOT this last few months, but that fucking almost made up for a lot of it lol. @Admiral M...never say never my friend

Jim Ross tweeted that no details are known about Brock's current contract status with WWE, says it isn't important, just that he is back and that he of course did one of Brock's first deals. I guess he's been getting tweeted about this from fans.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 3 2012 at 05:00 AM.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2012, 07:20 AM   #17
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

It's nice having somewhat high expectations for the Raw after Wrestlemania and not being disappointed in the least. That was a fantastic show tonight. I don't think I've seen a crowd like that since last year in Chicago and I think tonight's crowd was better. It was almost like that high everyone was on for Mania stuck around for Raw and it made a great show. I love the fact that Lesner is coming back, and can't wait to see where this goes. Last year I was excited going into Wrestlemania. This year I might be more excited coming out of Wrestlemania. Hopefully the WWE keeps this streak going because they are riding high right now.
Old April 3 2012, 07:23 AM   #18
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

Brock's contract status:

http://pwinsider.com/article/67317/d...esnar.html?p=1

Wow so Rock and Brock are back eh? That is crazy!
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2012, 07:30 AM   #19
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Very interesting indeed. So it was an anny of sorts for Brock. That seems consistent from another report I read yesterday that he signed a one year deal. I have to agree with tomalak301 as well, Miami was a hot crowd tonight as they were last night as well. They gave Brock a huge pop as I expected, and even bigger one when he gave the F5 to Cena!!! I really want Thuganomics Cena back now. I know I might be alone, but damn come on John, give us what we want! LOL! I think the majority of fans would be okay with a Thuganomic heel run if he turned heel.

Daniel Bryan is so over right now...he's a heel, but is getting face reactions, AJ is getting heel heat...I still dislike how they have turned him heel by using her like this, but I can easily see a face change soon. Yes, I like him better as a face than a heel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNhTz...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Admiral_Young; April 3 2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old April 3 2012, 07:07 PM   #20
Sheep
Vice Admiral

I hope the writers resist the temptation to turn Bryan face any time soon. A big part of why he's over is because he's doing a kickass job portraying a gigantic douche (which apparently is a lot harder than it looks given the number of failed heels). Let him continue to get over with this gimmick before MAYBE turning him into a tweener a few months down the line.
Old April 3 2012, 09:32 PM   #21
Ghost Bones
Captain

Raw was quite good by recent standards. Henry vs Punk was better than at least half the matches from Wrestlemania. The longer it went on, the more I thought "God no, Punk's gonna SuperCena" but he didn't. It's good to see Mark firmly on the push again. Albert's match was a snore. But it's nice to see chants of "yes yes yes" and "Daniel Bryan" becoming popular. Why would anyone go to the ring to promo with Sheamus? He'll kick you in the face, we get it. Brock's return was the biggest mark-out since Kane's return. Things are looking up on the whole, yo.

Rock wants to be WWE champion? Piss off.
Old April 4 2012, 02:24 AM   #22
Sheep
Vice Admiral

EDIT: Didn't realize the video was already posted above.

Holy crap, I knew the Miami crowd was crazy hot but when did Bryan get so over? I thought his buildup as jackass heel was a slow burn but he had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand like he was the Rock.
Old April 4 2012, 02:33 AM   #23
Ghost Bones
Captain

I'd like to believe it's crowds smarking. Maybe Ziggler will get big face pops next.
Old April 4 2012, 02:42 AM   #24
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

The crowd was putting him over and showing their displeasure with the 18 second bull shit all night last night. They love his douchy character As you can see by the parade of boos that AJ got lol.

Old April 4 2012, 03:14 PM   #25
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

OH, so this is where the thread went!

All I have to say about Monday is: "YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!"
Old April 4 2012, 04:36 PM   #26
indianatrekker26
Captain

i think we'll get Cena vs Lesnar for sooner than people expect, maybe even at Extreme Rules. Monday's angle reminded me so much of the raw after mania 19. Big star(Austin) said his goodbyes. Then the end of the show, a big name came in to take his spot(Goldberg) who laid out Rock.
Well, monday night we saw Lesnar lay out Cena. That following ppv in 03 was Backlash, which mainevented with Rock vs Goldberg. I could see a repeat happen this year.
indianatrekker26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2012, 06:51 PM   #27
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Funnily enough, John Cena also took on Brock Lesnar at Backlash 03 for the WWE Championship.

I'm thinking that Brock vs. Rock II will be the main event of this year's Summerslam. It will mark the 10 year anniversary of their last match, in which Lesnar became the youngest WWE Champion (a record which he still holds to this day).

It's been made clear that Lesnar's contract goes to Wrestlemania XXIX, so I guess we might FINALLY get the much anticipated encounter between Taker and Lesnar! Of course, I'd be just as happy to see Brock take on Rock or Brock take on Cena, given that Lesnar has a track record of having outstanding matches with just about anybody. And I'm quite confident he won't have lost his touch in the 4/5 years he's been away from professional wrestling - this guy is an outstanding athlete who has had success in multiple sports (sure, he didn't make the NFL, but was still good enough to make the trials!)

The thing that bothers me though, is that Cena is probably going to come out next week at Raw and make fun of the angle last week. He'll just say something like "Well I guess I deserved that and it's good that Brock is back to his old self" which is just lame because WWE doesn't seem to realise that Cena's diplomatic lines are what makes the crowd boo him most. It's obvious desperation at trying each and any way to get the cheers going for Cena, but then there is the whole "I don't care whether you love or hate me" which is comparable to someone brushing off rejection by saying "It's cool either way".

WWE is so contradictory of itself sometimes...
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2012, 07:47 PM   #28
scnj
Captain

I was really offended by the company's treatment of Bryan. One of their greatest technical wrestlers in his Mania debut gets squashed by Sheamus? And now with the return of ADR, he doesn't even get his rematch clause? That's shitty.

I love how over he is now, with the "yes" chants, but I really hope that creative don't decide to turn him face again. His gradual face/heel turn was masterful, and his arrogance has been perfect every time he cuts a promo. If it were me, I'd put Bryan on midcard, and have AJ rise up in the diva ranks. Then play out the story where Bryan becomes more and more resentful until he snaps and blames her for his Mania loss.

And yeah, I was marking like crazy when Brock returned, even though it was spoiled slightly by the "we want Lesnar" chants. Still a bit miffed at The Rock beating Cena though, especially since Cena's been out-promoing him week after week during the feud buildup.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2012, 09:08 PM   #29
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

The rematch clause is meaningless and only comes out into play when WWE need a heel to get some heat or a reason for a face to have another match for the title.

As for ADR, given the rumours that he's into his "politics", one could discern that he wanted back in a world title programme and wasn't happy to just work the upper- midcard/main event. Since CM Punk and Chris Jericho are involved in the WWE Championship picture, the next available spot would be the WHC - since WWE seems to view Daniel Bryan as flexibile. Of course, it could all be down to WWE solely and wanting to give Del Rio a boost in the momentum department.

Let's re-review the apparent pecking order of full time performers in the WWE:

John Cena - This has been his position since 2010
CM Punk - Punk's current run with the WWE Championship puts him here
Chris Jericho - WWE Championship number one contender status puts him here
Sheamus - His status as World Heavyweight Champion puts him here
Randy Orton - His status as the "face" of Smackdown puts him here
Alberto Del Rio - His status as WHC number one contender puts him here
Daniel Bryan - His position could drop dramatically at anytime, but for now his status as the number one heel on Smackdown keeps him on the pecking order.

As you can see, it's a very temperamental list with only John Cena being a fixture.
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2012, 11:22 PM   #30
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ Once again you've somehow left out Mike...who has fallen the most, and has gone in the direction Sheamus went in 2011 until his face turn. Yet Miz still continues to do mic work and be in all the little packed videos, because creative and Vince know he can talk and sell their company for them. Anyway sorry about that i still consider Miz a big part, he is just being punished right now.

Yeah I remember Cena/Brock from '03 I'm sure this will be touched on....or maybe not since WWE likes ignoring things if it suits a current story line.

This was missed:

Chief Jay Strongbow died yesterday reportedly:

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/q...le_59960.shtml