Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old March 27 2012, 03:43 AM   #16
andriech
Commander

Send a message via AIM to andriech
Re: STAR TREK CONTINUES — NEW FAN FILM WEB SERIES

His birth certificate says he's 54. Anyone can put info on IMDb so someone made an error, apparently.

I would ask Vic himself what years those films were made: he's quite open to talking to people on FB and the like.
Old March 27 2012, 04:12 AM   #17
ssosmcin
Rear Admiral

middyseafort wrote: View Post
and were willing to believe Shatner, who was pushing 40 during TOS, as the 34-year-old starship commander.
Shatner was 35 when Trek premiered and 34 when he shot WNMHGB. That's not exactly "pushing 40." Kirk's age was only mentioned in The Deadly Years, and he could quite well have screwed that information up like he did "Gamma Hydra II." Even if he didn't, it was still only a 2 year difference.

Play on, fellas.
Old March 27 2012, 04:18 AM   #18
nightwind1
Commodore

Hopefully, they will have an episode involving a robot of some type so that Grant Imahara can build them something really nifty.
nightwind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2012, 04:45 AM   #19
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

^ How about another Andrea?
Old March 27 2012, 04:51 AM   #20
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

ssosmcin wrote: View Post
and were willing to believe Shatner, who was pushing 40 during TOS, as the 34-year-old starship commander.
Shatner was 35 when Trek premiered and 34 when he shot WNMHGB. That's not exactly "pushing 40." Kirk's age was only mentioned in The Deadly Years, and he could quite well have screwed that information up like he did "Gamma Hydra II." Even if he didn't, it was still only a 2 year difference.

Play on, fellas.
I stand corrected. For some reason, I thought he was 38 at the time of TOS. I should've double checked my math with his birthdate. My bad. Thanks for the 411!
Old March 27 2012, 05:19 AM   #21
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

I just sent Vic a friend request on Facebook. I'm guessing he'll ignore me. He'll think, "who the heck is this?" ... unless he thinks in more colorful language. Anyway, I'm not hopeful, but on the advice of folk here, I'm trying to contact him directly about these early films.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2012, 06:52 AM   #22
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

Barbreader wrote: View Post
I just sent Vic a friend request on Facebook. I'm guessing he'll ignore me. He'll think, "who the heck is this?" ... unless he thinks in more colorful language. Anyway, I'm not hopeful, but on the advice of folk here, I'm trying to contact him directly about these early films.

There's also contact information on his webpage. You could also try contacting him through the folks at Farragut Films, listed in the first post.

Having made a living tracking people down for news articles I've worked on, it's relatively easy to contact someone if you put in a little leg work and are persistant.
Old March 27 2012, 01:19 PM   #23
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

andriech wrote: View Post
His birth certificate says he's 54. Anyone can put info on IMDb so someone made an error, apparently.

I would ask Vic himself what years those films were made: he's quite open to talking to people on FB and the like.
I'm wondering what bizaare chain of events would have resulted in you seeing Vic's birth certificate.

And is this the one that says he was born in Kenya?
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2012, 05:49 PM   #24
ssosmcin
Rear Admiral

I stand corrected. For some reason, I thought he was 38 at the time of TOS. I should've double checked my math with his birthdate. My bad. Thanks for the 411!
No problemo. For a moment, I thought "does that mean I'm pushing 50?!"
Old March 27 2012, 05:51 PM   #25
ssosmcin
Rear Admiral

Eh, he's a guy. Put a hot picture up as your profile photo and you're in.
Old March 28 2012, 12:11 AM   #26
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

ssosmcin wrote: View Post
Eh, he's a guy. Put a hot picture up as your profile photo and you're in.
Sadly, I have never been hot, and I'm bad at both lies and photoshop. Thankfully, I have had a very friendly turtle for 52 years, who doesn't mind spending time with me. He's in it for the cherries. Also, the broccoli and guppies.

If somebody here knows Vic, and can explain to him that I am the self-appointed indexer of Star Trek Fan Filmdom, that would be great. He can think of talking to me like talking to somebody who is doing an encyclopedia entry on him. He wants the entry to be correct, right? I don't think anyone here feels that I have 'stalked' them. I get my information and move on to my next missing data. (Yes, small D. This isn't TNG).
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2012, 12:48 AM   #27
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Well, the readers' comments following Trekmovie's report on this are a circus today:

New Star Trek Fan Film To Feature Chris Doohan as Scotty and Mythbusters’ Imahara As Sulu
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2012, 01:03 AM   #28
andriech
Commander

Send a message via AIM to andriech

[QUOTE=GSchnitzer
I'm wondering what bizaare chain of events would have resulted in you seeing Vic's birth certificate.

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

On a side note...if Kirk was 34 in the first season and we assume every year in the series is a year in their life (which is a silly assumption...but go with me here) than during our Phase 2 series Kirk would be 37-38
Old March 28 2012, 02:07 AM   #29
Fez
Ensign

View Fez's Twitter Profile

So then James is definitely too young for the part
Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2012, 02:26 AM   #30
CaptainSerek
Commander

View CaptainSerek's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to CaptainSerek Send a message via AIM to CaptainSerek Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CaptainSerek Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainSerek

I have already bookmarked the website and liked the Facebook page. I am looking forward to seeing their efforts.