Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 16 2012, 04:39 PM   #316
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Re: The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air

Probably his son. Now we just need to see Sokka's kid to complete the set.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 04:43 PM   #317
SG-17
Commodore

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Probably his son. Now we just need to see Sokka's kid to complete the set.
Yeah, he looks older than I previously thought.

Also check this out.

It looks like Aang's son Bumi joined the United Forces military.

Last edited by SG-17; June 16 2012 at 06:07 PM.
SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 07:42 PM   #318
JD
Admiral

That was a great episode. We got some good character moments, and pretty much everyone (even Naga) got a chance to kick ass.
Old June 16 2012, 07:44 PM   #319
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Looks like Bumi married into the Fire Nation.

Maybe Sokka's kid is like a United Republic Royal Marine.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 08:02 PM   #320
RoJoHen
Awesome

Milo the Fart Bender. Love it.
Old June 16 2012, 10:36 PM   #321
Agent Richard07
Retired

Great episode (1x10). Those equalists always disturb me everytime I see them. And Lin losing her bending makes me think that there's a way to restore it. Unless the show intends to drop the character or make a permanent change, I think she'll be back to her usual self.

SG-17 wrote: View Post
Yeah, he looks older than I previously thought.
He does look older in that pic. He has a young sounding voice, so I thought he was in his teens or slightly older.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 10:58 PM   #322
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^Well he's a General, so I doubt he's a teenager.

I did wonder when Zukko's family would make an appearance. I'd assumed (rather unimaginatively) that it'd be in the form of the current Fire Lord.

And yeah, all we need now is a decent of Sokka & Suki to turn up. Who wants to lay odds that the Kyoshi warriors are part of the United Forces military?
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 11:11 PM   #323
Agent Richard07
Retired

Reverend wrote: View Post
Well he's a General, so I doubt he's a teenager.
It's not the real world, so you let stuff like that go.

And thanks for reminding me of Suki. Finding out what happened to her would be nice.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 11:27 PM   #324
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^I said I doubt he's a teenager. I didn't say it was impossible. Regardless he doesn't even look like he could be that young at all. I'd say by his face is drawn he's more like early to mid-30's, maybe as much as 40.

Given his name, I'd say for obvious reasons it's a fair bet he's Zukko & Mai's son rather than grandson (unless he'd Iroh III), in which case he'd obviously have to be closer to Tenzin's age. Actually, him being the younger child of Zukko would explain why he's a General and not the Fire Lord...that is assuming Zukko isn't still alive and ruling the Fire Nation.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 11:40 PM   #325
Christopher
Writer

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
He does look older in that pic. He has a young sounding voice, so I thought he was in his teens or slightly older.
Except that Dante Basco is 36 years old.

I think we're too quick to equate "high-pitched" with "young-sounding." Lots of men continue to have high-pitched voices throughout their lives -- John Fiedler, Michael J. Fox, etc. But other males, including me, develop deep baritone or bass voices while still in high school. The voice you have once you're through puberty is pretty much the voice you'll have for decades thereafter, though it will get rougher and sometimes deeper starting in your 40s or 50s.

Though of course animation casting directors rely on that perception and often cast older people with "young-sounding" voices to play teenagers -- like Basco, David Kaufman, Thom Adcox, Jesse McCartney, and the like. Heck, the actors who play Mako and Bolin are both 38.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16 2012, 11:46 PM   #326
SG-17
Commodore

Reverend wrote: View Post
^I said I doubt he's a teenager. I didn't say it was impossible. Regardless he doesn't even look like he could be that young at all. I'd say by his face is drawn he's more like early to mid-30's, maybe as much as 40.

Given his name, I'd say for obvious reasons it's a fair bet he's Zukko & Mai's son rather than grandson (unless he'd Iroh III), in which case he'd obviously have to be closer to Tenzin's age. Actually, him being the younger child of Zukko would explain why he's a General and not the Fire Lord...that is assuming Zukko isn't still alive and ruling the Fire Nation.
The Republic City interactive guide on Nick.com confirmed that Zuko is still alive but he abdicated his throne and put his daughter in place as Fire Lord. IIRC Zuko spends his time travelling the world.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2012, 02:19 AM   #327
Auriq
Captain

Fantastic episode. Though last week's episode seemed to move too quickly (like it condensed two or three episodes into one), with this episode I think that Legend of Korra is really starting to hit its stride.

But I have to admit, when Lin landed on the Equalist airship and started to rip it apart, I really wanted to hear her say: "I am the greatest metalbender in the world and don't you ever forget it!"

Cripes, I almost had tears in my eyes thinking how proud Toph would have been.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2226785/1/
Auriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2012, 04:26 AM   #328
Mr Light
Admiral

Have we ever seen a metal-bender do any earth-bending? Are they so specialized that they can't even do the normal stuff?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2012, 04:40 AM   #329
Skywalker
Admiral

Technically metalbending is earthbending. They're not bending the metal itself, but the impurities within it. And Lin has earthbended (earthbent? ) several times, including in this very episode.

Last edited by Skywalker; June 17 2012 at 05:08 AM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2012, 04:55 AM   #330
Christopher
Writer

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Have we ever seen a metal-bender do any earth-bending? Are they so specialized that they can't even do the normal stuff?
We saw it in this very episode. When Lin was battling the Equalists on Air Temple Island, she used some earthbending to lift up pieces of the ground.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote