Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

With the 2nd season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes just over a week away, I thought it might be a good time to kick off a discussion thread with the release of the 2nd season trailer.

Lots of good stuff here-- Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel in her original costume, The Vision, Doctor Doom, Skrulls, Reed and Sue Richards (The entire FF guests in the premiere), Red Hulk, Surtur and more. Is that The Scarlet Witch at 36 seconds?

I would really be looking forward to this even without the movie coming out.

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

looking forward to Vision and Ms. Marvel showing up.

3. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

i can't wait.

4. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

I don't get that channel anymore.

Have to catch it on the net.

Captain America costume redesign...booo!

Red Hulk?

5. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

The Vision...finally. He was one of my childhood favorites.

6. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I wonder how they'll cover Vision's origin so far. Ultron has been dealt with (for now) and we don't know what happened to Wonder Man after he was separated from the other Masters of Evil. Maybe he's Simon's attempt at making a new body for himself gone wrong?

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not going to be able to watch this until it come to Netflix since I don't get Disney XD. I will be curious to see the reactions on here as the episodes air.

8. Turtletrekker

[​IMG]
    New looks for Thor and Cap, although...

...I'm guessing that this is Skrull Cap.

[​IMG]

Ms. Marvel.
    [​IMG]

The Vision.

[​IMG]

Red Hulk.

[​IMG]

Guardians of the Galaxy.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very cool stuff.

10. Turtletrekker

I submit for your consideration this possibly spoilerific shot that I found at the CBR boards with the caveat that I do not know for certain if it is legit...

[​IMG]

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, The Thing and Wolverine? Looks like the New Avengers to me.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Looks legit to me. The characters are on-model and it looks like a genuine episode shot.

We've also got the FF, the Vision, Yellowjacket, Doc Samson, Falcon, War Machine, Winter Soldier (!), and one I don't recognize, the black-haired woman behind Spidey. And wait a minute, Yellowjacket and Ant-Man? Was Hank not the only Yellowjacket?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  12. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that's Squirrel Girl.

13. Turtletrekker

Ha! Yes, I meant to mention all of that as well, but hit "submit" right after listing the folks on the "New Avengers" team.:lol: Come to think of it, Bucky/Winter Soldier was on the NA team as well, only he was Captain America at the time. Sadly, no Jessica Jones/Jewel. Wasn't Bucky's return foreshadowed in season 1?

As for having Ant-Man and Yellowjacket in the same shot, I would guess that Hank is YJ and Ant-Man is Scott Lang.
    I don't think so. No tail. Possibly Maria Hill or Daisy Johnson.

14. Christopher

It doesn't match any of the images I can find of that character.

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

There was a female Yellowjacket. Maybe Hank has turned over the Ant Man ID to Lang or O'Grady

16. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to season plan to rewatch season 1 on netflix.

However that is not the proper guardian team no major victory or starhawk argh!

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's official. It's from DisneyXD's facebook page

[​IMG]

18. Christopher

Hmm...
    Interesting that Spidey is in it, considering that this will be airing back-to-back with Ultimate Spider-Man. Do we know if the two shows will be in continuity with each other? I'm inclined to doubt it, since they have two different actors playing Nick Fury (Alex Désert in A:EMH, Chi McBride in USM). And Marvel doesn't have a problem putting two incompatible versions of Iron Man on the air at the same time (EMH and Armored Adventures). I know that EMH is considered to be in continuity with Wolverine and the X-Men, but otherwise Marvel doesn't seem to want the same level of shared continuity in its TV shows that it currently has in its movies.

19. Turtletrekker

I'm inclined to doubt that they are in same continuity not just because of Spidey, but also Iron Fist, as a teen version of Danny Rand will be a part of Ultimate Spider-Man. Unless USM takes place a few years before A:EMH...

20. Christopher

That may well be the case.
    I read an interview about USM where a producer said that the idea was that while EMH represents a mature team of accomplished heroes, USM is more about exploring how novice heroes get to that stage. I don't think the speaker literally meant that there was a direct continuity leading from USM to EMH, rather just that they explore two different stages of a superhero career and complement each other that way. But it's at least possible that they are linked.