Stewart Snotbot Support
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Ryan Joins Arrow
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Retro Review: Jetrel
By: Michelle on Jul 24

New ThinkGeek Trek-Themed Products
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old March 22 2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Nero's Shadow
Your Favourite U.S.S. Enterprise Moment ??

I know we all love the most favourite Starship in Star Trek but what is yours ??

Here's mine and there's two the 1st was is from the motion picture when the USS Enterprise leaves dry dock such grace when you see her power up running lights come on and the music to that scene is fantastic always gives me goose bumps ever time I see it !!!!

The 2nd is from the new movie again the big E leaves to warp to Vulcan with the fleet jumping to warp was amazing great effect the flash and then the bang WOW. I also saw it on IMAX and it looked amazing !!!

So what's yours ???
Old March 22 2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

Re: Your Favourite U.S.S. Enterprise Moment ??

The Enterprise-E screaming past and dwarfing the Defiant in First Contact springs to mind.
Sandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2012, 10:27 PM   #3
Captain Rob
Commodore

I remember screening FC. And this was maybe only the second external view of the new 1701-E. And the first to establish how large the ship was. Everyone went "Holy crap!" at that scene. All of the other ships were being pounded on and being destroyed. Then Enterprise comes in and blows the cube away. With a little help.
Old March 22 2012, 10:33 PM   #4
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

I wouldn't say the Enterprise blows the cube away. Loads of ships were all firing at the thing.
Sandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2012, 10:41 PM   #5
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

Sandoval wrote: View Post
I wouldn't say the Enterprise blows the cube away. Loads of ships were all firing at the thing.
He did say, "With a little help."

Well, since my two favorite examples were already taken (gee, thanks guys!), I'll go with a brief flyby of the E-A in Star Trek VI. The ship drops out of warp but still urgently speeds to Khitomer. Yes, we've seen ships go FTL, but even at impulse speeds the Enterprise looked pretty darn fast there, and the nice and quick pan from right to left evoked a TOS feel to me.
Old March 22 2012, 10:59 PM   #6
Admiral Bear
Captain

Star Trek III. When Kirk, Scotty and Chekov set the self destruct sequence just before the Klingons beam over to take the ship.
Admiral Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2012, 11:06 PM   #7
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Star Trek II, when the Enterprise pops up behind the Reliant inside the Mutara Nebula.
Old March 22 2012, 11:26 PM   #8
Saspearia
Lieutenant

View Saspearia's Twitter Profile

I have a few moments that give me goosebumps. With the D there is an episode and I always forget which one where it flies towards a nebula at the end.
I like it when the camera goes under the saucer section and over the drive between the warp nacelles.
The first time you get a proper look at the E in first contact was a real wow and I love it in Nemesis when Enterprise beams the shuttle away from the Scimitars Tractor beam, turns around and warps out.
Oh and the first time you see the Enterprise in the new movie. The music really adds to the effect.
Old March 22 2012, 11:47 PM   #9
Mister_Atoz
Commander

There was an episode where the Enterprise-D was trapped in some sort of anomaly and had to be guided through it with the shuttle craft. There are some good shots of the Enterprise with its saucer lights and nav deflector glowing brightly through a misty nebula.

It made the ship look very majestic and was one of the few instances where you got the sense of just how big that ship really is.
Mister_Atoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2012, 01:27 AM   #10
Anji
Rear Admiral

View Anji's Twitter Profile

In TSFS, when the Excelesior chokes as it goes into transwarp and the Enterprise goes speeding past her.
Old March 23 2012, 01:31 AM   #11
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Kirk riding up to the Riverside shipyard and enlisting in Starfleet, with the USS Enterprise sitting there, under contruction. Workers scurrying about underneath. Mind blowingly awesome. The shot as the shuttle lifts off, and we fade out on the nacelle marked "NCC-1701"
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2012, 01:39 AM   #12
You_Will_Fail
Fleet Captain

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Kirk riding up to the Riverside shipyard and enlisting in Starfleet, with the USS Enterprise sitting there, under contruction. Workers scurrying about underneath. Mind blowingly awesome. The shot as the shuttle lifts off, and we fade out on the nacelle marked "NCC-1701"
Jeez you seem to have a real agenda on here. Just an observation.

Anyway, basically any shot of it in TUC, that score and the direction were so powerful. What an amazing film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz1Zbpkxys
You_Will_Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2012, 01:47 AM   #13
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I like when Kirk and McCoy see the Enterprise in orbit of Earth for the first time from their shuttle as they fly towards it.

The Enterprise-E arriving to the battle with the Borg in the Sol system in First Contact. The officer on the Defiant says "It's the Enterprise!" as it swoops in saving the Defiant from the Borg.

Last edited by Enterprise is Great; March 23 2012 at 08:28 AM.
Enterprise is Great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2012, 03:28 AM   #14
Caesar753
Commander

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I like when Kirk and McCoy see the Enterprise in orbit of Earthfor the first time from their shuttle as they fly towards it.

The Enterprise-E arriving to the battle with the Borg in the Sol system in First Contact. The officer on the Defiant says "It's the Enterprise!" as it swoops in saving the Defiant from the Borg.
You beat me to it! Those are probably my two favorite Enterprise moments as well.
Caesar753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2012, 08:17 AM   #15
Captrek
Rear Admiral

The stardrive section doing battle in The Arsenal of Freedom. I wish it had been used more throughout the series.

"My friends, we've come home." Reset buttons usually end up feeling like unsatisfying cop outs, but this one feels great.
Captrek is offline   Reply With Quote