RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,684
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 418
Newest member: Enabran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 3 2012, 02:27 AM   #1
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Anyone catch SVU this week? (Spoilers)

Meaning: the one where the creepy guy is abducting teenage girls, getting them preggers, and discarding the babies thus born if they are boys.

My question is this: there is one scene where Rollins is at her computer and is talking to Fin. Rollins says something about "think anyone will remember a 2 1/2 year old case? What are the odds?" Fin gives her an odd look, and she replies "Easy, easy....just an expression".

What is she talking about? What's the expression, and why would Fin be pissed about it?

Also: Is Benson's brother a nutcase, or what? Something tells me this guy is gonna meet an unhappy demise.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Re: Anyone catch SVU this week? (Spoilers)

It's from a couple weeks ago where Rollins is revealed to have a big gambling issue. Almost loses her badge because of it.
Old March 3 2012, 05:03 AM   #3
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Yeah, they're just trying to keep her on track and away from her gambling addiction. Cragen checked in on her last week, maybe?

And the brother is messed up but not a "nutcase." There are just people who can't get it together.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

If Simon is such a dumbass that he thought kidnapping the kids from Child Services was the best way to get custody back, maybe it's best that he doesn't have said custody.

Then again, the kidnapping was (AFAIK) a joint operation between Simon and his fiancee, and she *does* have custody. So who knows. The implication is that she has dumped Simon, so she must have decided to cut her losses and run.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old March 3 2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Well yeah, that's why he doesn't have the kids anymore. What's the issue?
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Simon is such a fuck up. He reacts to everything emotionally. He doesn't think. He allows his emotions to over take him completely. Dude is in serious need of some couch time.
Old March 3 2012, 10:58 PM   #7
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Kestra wrote: View Post
Well yeah, that's why he doesn't have the kids anymore. What's the issue?
Actually I remembered wrong, the court ordered Simon to move out, his wife didn't dump him.

In a sense, this is worse - the state is interfering in Simon's marriage...

I hope Bayard Ellis gets his class-action suit and wins Simon and his wife some compensation.

Anyone catch Benson's reaction when Simon said that their father was a better father to him, than he was to his own kids?
Wow.