Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old March 19 2012, 12:20 AM   #46
Admiral Bear
Captain

Re: Star Trek London

Kinggodzillak wrote: View Post
Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
If you don't already, you need to get yourself to the SF Ball. I went once and was profoundly underwhelmed by it, so I can't recommend it if you've never been.
I went along last year and wasn't too impressed. It actually got to a point mid-afternoon where my choices were 'go to the loo' or 'go for a walk' - unless you're interested in every single one of the guests and all the things that are happening on stage there's nothing else there except a small dealers room. Not really enough to fill a day/weekend.

Though really there was only one reason I went; to see the First Lady of DS9 and my favest con guest ever, Nana Visitor. Five hours there, five hours back, just to see one person at a not-great event - but totally worth it. Wouldn't make that journey again for anyone else though...

I've done an Expo as well, the 2009 one with Terry Farrell and Nicole de Boer. Wouldn't want to go anywhere near an event like that ever again...
Your experience of the SF Ball mirrored mine, and I went there when they had Patrick. You would've thought they'd have laid a bit more on other than him on stage for an hour, and a never ending autograph queue. To his credit, he signed for every single person who wanted one. But there was sweet FA to do there for hours before he turned up mid afternoon.

Sadly, or perhaps not, I couldn't go to Expo to see Terry Farrell. Wanted her and Ronny Cox. Had a mate go who told me that both of them + Nicole were doing very little business.
Admiral Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2012, 12:45 AM   #47
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

If you don't already, you need to get yourself to the SF Ball. I went once and was profoundly underwhelmed by it, so I can't recommend it if you've never been.
I went along last year and wasn't too impressed. It actually got to a point mid-afternoon where my choices were 'go to the loo' or 'go for a walk' - unless you're interested in every single one of the guests and all the things that are happening on stage there's nothing else there except a small dealers room. Not really enough to fill a day/weekend.

Though really there was only one reason I went; to see the First Lady of DS9 and my favest con guest ever, Nana Visitor. Five hours there, five hours back, just to see one person at a not-great event - but totally worth it. Wouldn't make that journey again for anyone else though...

I've done an Expo as well, the 2009 one with Terry Farrell and Nicole de Boer. Wouldn't want to go anywhere near an event like that ever again...
Your experience of the SF Ball mirrored mine, and I went there when they had Patrick. You would've thought they'd have laid a bit more on other than him on stage for an hour, and a never ending autograph queue. To his credit, he signed for every single person who wanted one. But there was sweet FA to do there for hours before he turned up mid afternoon.

Sadly, or perhaps not, I couldn't go to Expo to see Terry Farrell. Wanted her and Ronny Cox. Had a mate go who told me that both of them + Nicole were doing very little business.
I was at the SF Ball with Patrick Stewart also. My friend and I walked into Bournemouth town centre for half of the day!
Old March 19 2012, 10:09 PM   #48
Kinggodzillak
Commander

I was only there for the Saturday morning so they were both quite busy when I saw them. Was glad I left when I did though; the place was absolutely heaving with, um, well, anime fans. Each to their own and if they enjoy running round dressed up as a cardboard box and trying to hug people then great, but an anime event - which is what that most definitely was - isn't really the best place for TV/film guests. Well, unless they did voices for an anime, obviously.

Still, I managed to get all my autos and a photo with the two Daxes, so I was happy.

Kinggodzillak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 11:21 AM   #49
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Still, I managed to get all my autos and a photo with the two Daxes, so I was happy.

Now that is a very cool 10x8!
Old March 20 2012, 01:36 PM   #50
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
Now that is a very cool 10x8!
That is very cool indeed! I'm sorry I missed out on that event.

Hercule Poirot
: I am an imbecile. I see only half of the picture.
Miss Lemon: I don't even see that.
Miss Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 11:52 PM   #51
Admiral Bear
Captain

Just had a look at the Trek actors convention listing site. What ever Star Trek London is, it won't be a 25th Anniversary TNG cast reunion as Marina's due to be on Cruise Trek to Hawaii.

London in late October, or Hawaii? I think I can guess where Marina will choose to be.
Old March 20 2012, 11:56 PM   #52
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

London in late October, or Hawaii? I think I can guess where Marina will choose to be.
With us, in nice rainy London?

Hercule Poirot
Old March 21 2012, 12:43 AM   #53
Admiral Bear
Captain

Miss Lemon wrote: View Post
With us, in nice rainy London?
Old March 21 2012, 01:28 AM   #54
MacLeod
Admiral

Being a Brit, Marina should be used to the the UK weather.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 06:54 AM   #55
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Being a Brit, Marina should be used to the the UK weather.
She may be used to rain, but does it make her happy?

Hercule Poirot
Old March 21 2012, 12:07 PM   #56
Admiral Bear
Captain

Has Marina actually lived in the UK since 1987?
Old March 23 2012, 09:24 PM   #57
Admiral Bear
Captain

Saspearia wrote: View Post
Hi Admiral Bear, Where did you hear that Media 10 were running this? I'm not sure this will be a convention as we know it (excuse the pun!). Mostly because CBS aren't in the business of supporting any of the big convention companies in promoting their events. If this is being paid for by CBS (and all the evidence so far says yes) then I would think it is some kind of promotion event for the movie.
The wording on the website says 'sign up to Starfleet' and I think it will continue with that theme somehow, tying it into the movies release next year.
I'm quite enjoying speculating about it though!
Just seen your video. You seemed to have no idea about doing a whois search before I told you about it. Some credit would've been nice instead of pretending you were the brains behind the whole idea.
Old March 23 2012, 11:19 PM   #58
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

Some credit would've been nice instead of pretending you were the brains behind the whole idea.
'Our esteemed resource - Admiral Bear.'

Now that would have been cool.

Hercule Poirot
Old March 23 2012, 11:36 PM   #59
Admiral Bear
Captain

Miss Lemon wrote: View Post
Some credit would've been nice instead of pretending you were the brains behind the whole idea.
'Our esteemed resource - Admiral Bear.'

Now that would have been cool.
Officer's thinking, Lemon! Keep this up and you'll make Captain in no time.
Old March 23 2012, 11:49 PM   #60
Kinggodzillak
Commander

Chase Masterson's going to be at Greatest Show in May now as well.
Kinggodzillak is offline   Reply With Quote