Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old March 18 2012, 08:58 PM   #31
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek London

You've got some pretty tableware there.

Hercule Poirot
: I am an imbecile. I see only half of the picture.
Miss Lemon: I don't even see that.
Miss Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 09:21 PM   #32
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

So, we all gonna go together? :P I signed up to this when I first saw it a while back. I'm dying for a decent proper Trek Con in my part of the UK. London Expo just doesn't cut it, and I always forget to go to the London Film and Comic Con.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 09:40 PM   #33
Admiral Bear
Captain

I'm usually mug and paper plates, but since I'm entertaining.
Admiral Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 09:44 PM   #34
Admiral Bear
Captain

Dac wrote: View Post
I'm dying for a decent proper Trek Con in my part of the UK. London Expo just doesn't cut it, and I always forget to go to the London Film and Comic Con.
I don't think you're missing much. Events in this country have become intolerable over the last few years. They're now just about screwing customers for as much money as possible while providing them with as little as possible.
Old March 18 2012, 09:49 PM   #35
Dac
Commodore

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
I'm dying for a decent proper Trek Con in my part of the UK. London Expo just doesn't cut it, and I always forget to go to the London Film and Comic Con.
I don't think you're missing much. Events in this country have become intolerable over the last few years. They're now just about screwing customers for as much money as possible while providing them with as little as possible.
Well, I used to go to Expo all the time, but now its just degenerated into an an Anime wank-a-thon. Any show were Star Trek has an appearance beyond one table in the dealers room will have my money.
Old March 18 2012, 10:00 PM   #36
Admiral Bear
Captain

Well, I used to go to Expo all the time, but now its just degenerated into an an Anime wank-a-thon. Any show were Star Trek has an appearance beyond one table in the dealers room will have my money.
As did I until Mr Cooney in his wisdom decided autograph collectors were no longer required, and that all the people who made his business what it was could foxtrot oscar. Met some very big guests at Expooooo over the years. But he ran the event in to the ground and has now done the same with Expoo Anime wank-a-thon. By 11am last October, the brats couldn't wait to get in to Memorabilia next door because they were so bored shitless in Expooo.

If you don't already, you need to get yourself to the SF Ball. I went once and was profoundly underwhelmed by it, so I can't recommend it if you've never been. From what I've heard, the event has been in its death throes for the last few years with attendence in the toilet, but to its credit, it's still going.
Old March 18 2012, 10:11 PM   #37
Dac
Commodore

By 11am last October, the brats couldn't wait to get in to Memorabilia next door because they were so bored shitless in Expooo.
Hah, I think I was one of that crowd. I only went last October to see the Red Vs Blue guys and hopefully grab a 1-10 DVD and some swag, but Gus said all their crap got held up in customs, so it was just him, Gavin and Ben in an empty booth.

I got a pic, but I'd have rather had a DVD

As for SFBall, I've had a look. The prices don't seem too ott wallet killing, but Bournemouth is a bit of a Trek for a Trekkie without a car based in Essex. Was that a pun? I dunno.

What with it being...something, Trek related set in London I can get to it in under an hour. I just hope its priced like a fairly average con (~£10 for a days pass) and not like those other types of con which charge upwards of £70.

BTW, is this Mr Cooney that balding big eared Twat I see running around at Expo? Ever since The Voyager con I went too in Blackpool in 2000 I've wanted to nut that prick in the face.
Old March 18 2012, 10:13 PM   #38
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

What about The Greatest Show in the Galaxy? Do you guys know anything about it? The whole VOY cast and some DS9 actors are on their guest list.

I'm tempted to go to the London Film and Comic Con, as both Nichelle Nichols and Michael Dorn are attending.

Hercule Poirot
Old March 18 2012, 10:26 PM   #39
Dac
Commodore

That doesn't look bad, although the price would skyrocket with the amount of Autograph's I'd want from that list Plus, it's in Peterborough.

I need a new car.
Old March 18 2012, 10:29 PM   #40
Admiral Bear
Captain

Deleted.

Last edited by Admiral Bear; March 18 2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old March 18 2012, 10:31 PM   #41
Miss Lemon
Fleet Captain

That doesn't look bad, although the price would skyrocket with the amount of Autograph's I'd want from that list
It's almost too good to be true, eh? Although I just noticed Kate Mulgrew's appearance was cancelled though.

Hercule Poirot
Old March 18 2012, 10:52 PM   #42
Admiral Bear
Captain

Lemon and Dac, you have mail. Keep it to yourselves.
Old March 18 2012, 10:57 PM   #43
Admiral Bear
Captain

As for SFBall, I've had a look. The prices don't seem too ott wallet killing, but Bournemouth is a bit of a Trek for a Trekkie without a car based in Essex. Was that a pun? I dunno.

What with it being...something, Trek related set in London I can get to it in under an hour. I just hope its priced like a fairly average con (~£10 for a days pass) and not like those other types of con which charge upwards of £70.
More like £200+. Most organisers now refuse to let you in just for the day, so you have to shell out top whack.

BTW, is this Mr Cooney that balding big eared Twat I see running around at Expo? Ever since The Voyager con I went too in Blackpool in 2000 I've wanted to nut that prick in the face.
More than likely. I've never seen him that I know off, but I've read plenty of evidence that he's as much of an offensive barsteward as the oink in Milton Keynes, and that takes some doing.
Old March 18 2012, 11:27 PM   #44
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Miss Lemon wrote: View Post
What about The Greatest Show in the Galaxy? Do you guys know anything about it? The whole VOY cast and some DS9 actors are on their guest list.

I'm tempted to go to the London Film and Comic Con, as both Nichelle Nichols and Michael Dorn are attending.
I'm definitely going along to this event.
Old March 18 2012, 11:31 PM   #45
Kinggodzillak
Commander

If you don't already, you need to get yourself to the SF Ball. I went once and was profoundly underwhelmed by it, so I can't recommend it if you've never been.
I went along last year and wasn't too impressed. It actually got to a point mid-afternoon where my choices were 'go to the loo' or 'go for a walk' - unless you're interested in every single one of the guests and all the things that are happening on stage there's nothing else there except a small dealers room. Not really enough to fill a day/weekend.

Though really there was only one reason I went; to see the First Lady of DS9 and my favest con guest ever, Nana Visitor. Five hours there, five hours back, just to see one person at a not-great event - but totally worth it. Wouldn't make that journey again for anyone else though...

I've done an Expo as well, the 2009 one with Terry Farrell and Nicole de Boer. Wouldn't want to go anywhere near an event like that ever again...
Kinggodzillak is offline   Reply With Quote