Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 29 2012, 05:22 PM   #1
23skidoo
Admiral

New Old Old TV Avengers comic out

This one slipped under the radar - Boom! is publishing a 6-issue mini-series by Grant Morrison based on The Avengers - the TV series. The title is Steed and Mrs. Peel. I just saw #2 listed as coming out today at my local comic shop - but they backordered #1 as I think a few people missed this.

That's the good news. The bad news is for old-timers like myself because the mini-series is actually a reprint of the 3-part Steel and Mrs. Peel mini-series that Eclipse put out in the early 1990s. While it's great to see this back in circulation, it is sad for those of us who have the 1990 comic and even the 1967 Gold Key one-shot, and were hoping for something new. Still, by rights we should probably be "slabbing" the 1990 comic anyway, so it's nice to get reading copies again. I might wait to see if Boom! puts out a single-volume omnibus though.

(Good time for old-school TV comics - the Kevin Smith Bionic Man is out with a new issue today, and sometime in the next few weeks Dynamite's new Bionic Woman series is supposed to kick off too.)

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2012, 01:40 AM   #2
Valin
Rear Admiral

Re: New Old Old TV Avengers comic out

The Avengers is one of my all time favorite TV series. I was hooked on it even before Star Trek; even though I was only about four when it started airing in the US.

Not much of a TV series turned comic book fan, though. I did read a bunch of the novels when I was in grammar school. I'd like to see them reprinted.