Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 17 2014, 06:44 PM   #601
RangerH
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Here is a review on ANN about Space Battleship Yamato 2199 release of the first volume here in the states.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi.../sub.blu-ray-1
RangerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2014, 07:23 PM   #602
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

I would agree with pretty much he said in the review. Although I didn't even give the title change much of a second thought at all. Just glad it's finally being released locally and at a far more reasonable price.

Side note: My cute little 17-month-old daughter (at the time) decided to turn the SB2199 Volume 1 case into a chew toy, damaging one corner of the box and the slip sleeve inside. Needless to say, I was horrified and she couldn't quite figure out why it looked like I was going to cry. So I contacted Voyager Entertainment to see if I could pay for a replacement box via PayPal or something. They said they didn't have any extras in stock at the time but they would get back to me. About a month or so later, they sent me a new case w/ sleeve - free of charge and free shipping - something they did not have to do at all - very unexpected. Truly, a very kind thing to do and a great bunch of people - they have all my Yamato business for life!
Old April 19 2014, 05:17 AM   #603
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

Cool, that they got back to you. Hate it when stuff like that happens. (though it's usually just the postman destroying them or just my own hand strength) There are also sites like this where you can buy cheap blank cases (individually or in bulk) for all manner of DVD/BD/CD disasters.

I don't know how many times I've had to replace one of those damned 3 disc cases with the swinging hinge inside. They're always busting off.
Old April 21 2014, 08:40 PM   #604
Ithekro
Commander

Updated information from Japan tells us that there will be two Yamato 2199 films this Fall.

First a recollection film out October 11th titled "Voyage of Recollection".

The second is a new story titled "The Ark of the Stars". No real idea what that is about yet, but it comes out December 6th.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2014, 08:55 PM   #605
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Curious - what is a "recollection film"? Is it taking the episodic series and editing it down into a feature film or something else like the rumored prequel?
Old April 21 2014, 10:26 PM   #606
Ithekro
Commander

Reedited version of the 26 episodes into a single film like they did in 1977.

Best guess is they started the second film first, then thought "you know, we can make something like they did before by the 40th Anniversery in October easily enough, and get a little more time for the new stuff".

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...udio-announced

Last edited by Ithekro; April 22 2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: News article added
Old April 22 2014, 10:11 PM   #607
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

Japanese animators are fond of doing those type of recap films from longer series and 99% of the time they just come off as a gigantic compressed and incomprehensible piles of crap. I've only seen a few that actually seemed to flow naturally as a story.
Old April 29 2014, 11:37 PM   #608
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

FYI - For those in the U.S. interested in obtaining a legitimate Blu-Ray of the Live Action "Space Battleship Yamato" (2010) feature film (and english dubbed) - or so the package says, it was released yesterday 4/28/14 in the U.S.

I wasn't particularly looking for it per se; but I went to my local Best Buy and I always peruse the new releases in the Blu-Ray section and saw it in a DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack for $14.99.

Link to a site I found with a review (link)
^^^
FYI - the site states its only got english subtitles (which is fine by me) ; BUT on the case itself, it claims a English Dolby 5.1 audio track and a Japanese 5.1 Dolby audio track are available, so it may also have an english dubbed track (just got it, so I haven't yet had time to stick it in the Blu-Ray play and see what's what; but again, for $14.99, if you like Yamato, you can't go wrong.(IMO))
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2014, 08:51 PM   #609
Ithekro
Commander

Was told that they cannot make a dub of that movie due to a contract clause in the star's contract saying they can't dub over his voice.
Old April 30 2014, 11:47 PM   #610
beamMe
Fleet Captain

Ithekro wrote: View Post
Was told that they cannot make a dub of that movie due to a contract clause in the star's contract saying they can't dub over his voice.
Then the German-dubbed version of this movie on BluRay and DVD that is on the market since late September 2011 shouldn't even exist? I don't think its true what you've been told.
beamMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2014, 07:42 PM   #611
Ithekro
Commander

Weird. The sourse of that contract information is fairly reliable when it comes to Yamato related materials.

It is confirmed that the new release has an English dub. From the same source. They find it odd as well.
Old May 1 2014, 09:51 PM   #612
beamMe
Fleet Captain

Weird. The sourse of that contract information is fairly reliable when it comes to Yamato related materials.

It is confirmed that the new release has an English dub. From the same source. They find it odd as well.
It would seem the contract-information that source has is just wrong.
Old May 2 2014, 12:03 PM   #613
Zaku
Commander

And the Italain dub..?

Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2014, 08:24 AM   #614
Ithekro
Commander

Or the source is just old since the film was 2010.
Old May 3 2014, 11:30 AM   #615
beamMe
Fleet Captain

Or the source is just old since the film was 2010.
Or, you know, just wrong.