Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old July 23 2013, 03:43 PM   #1111
Captain Kathryn
Fleet Captain

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn
Re: Feline Follies

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
My kitty~

AWW! A little fluff ball. How sweet!
Every black & white kitty I've ever met has been a real sweetie.
She is SO FLUFFY! And really nice. Although I pinched her tail in the doorway once and she was pissed, but that was my bad lol. Other than that, she is so lovable and enjoys company (even strangers), unlike a lot of cats who tend to keep to themselves. We got her from a neighbor who just stopped taking care of her for some reason. She's happy now though, I think~ We try to take good care of her.

The neighbor we got her from called her Sylvia, but I call her Oreo (cause of black and white).
Old July 23 2013, 04:33 PM   #1112
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Good news Kestra!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 11:04 PM   #1113
Finn
Vice Admiral

Kestra wrote: View Post
So many cute kitties! I wish I could meet them all.

And yes, Comet did pretty well on his trip. He was really scared and didn't want to come out of his carrier at security, poor guy. He went back in readily. He did complain a bit on the plane but was mostly quiet so I didn't have to medicate him or anything like last time. He adjusted really easily to his new living space, partially because he lived there a few years ago and partially because this is his sixth time moving and he's not even four yet.

Latest adventures have been him exploring my parents rather large house and uneasy encounters with our family dog, a Pomeranian.
Glad he's adjusting well after a stressful move. I don't know if I mentioned this but our cat was amazing when we drove from Louisiana to Massachusetts last winter. There was no struggle. The cat was just fine as I put her in the crate or the carrier at the hotels we stopped at...
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2013, 02:44 AM   #1114
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

It's official. Kittehs rule teh interwebz.
Old July 25 2013, 10:41 PM   #1115
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Old July 25 2013, 11:41 PM   #1116
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^

The fluffball, Junior, has finally taken a real liking to hubby. Now that hubby is home with his bad knee, the kitty has been climbing in his lap or snuggling up to him on the couch.

I even caught Mr. "I only tolerate the cat" Hubby taking pictures of the cat with his cell phone.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2013, 01:11 AM   #1117
Redfern
Commodore

I even caught Mr. "I only tolerate the cat" Hubby taking pictures of the cat...
Isn't that often the case?

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2013, 06:08 PM   #1118
_C_
Commander

My kitty~

AWW! A little fluff ball. How sweet!
Every black & white kitty I've ever met has been a real sweetie.
She is SO FLUFFY! And really nice. Although I pinched her tail in the doorway once and she was pissed, but that was my bad lol. Other than that, she is so lovable and enjoys company (even strangers), unlike a lot of cats who tend to keep to themselves. We got her from a neighbor who just stopped taking care of her for some reason. She's happy now though, I think~ We try to take good care of her.

The neighbor we got her from called her Sylvia, but I call her Oreo (cause of black and white).
She looks exactly like a cat I had a long time ago. Her name was Cutie Pie. I miss her...Cutie Pie was definitely my baby. The morning we had her put down, she came into my room and meowed at me for the last time. I think that was how she said goodbye and thank you. I held her when the vet did it and she went off to Heaven purring.

(Note: I don't look at it as sad anymore, she was sick and in pain and it was the best thing for her. Losing my dog, on the other hand, is something I'm still struggling with.)
Old July 27 2013, 02:31 AM   #1119
Kestra
Vice Admiral

^

The fluffball, Junior, has finally taken a real liking to hubby. Now that hubby is home with his bad knee, the kitty has been climbing in his lap or snuggling up to him on the couch.

I even caught Mr. "I only tolerate the cat" Hubby taking pictures of the cat with his cell phone.
We need more pics of Junior!

I've realized that not only is Comet a little overweight (he's on a diet now), he's also just a big cat. I don't have enough experience with cats so I thought his size was normal but so many people comment on it. I guess he's still my baby, just a big baby.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2013, 02:44 AM   #1120
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

I once worked in a store that had a "shop cat". We got him when he was around 6 months old.

He was freakishly long, had huge paws & flaps of skin from his legs to his body (think flying squirrel). Boy did he grow into all that. In his prime he was 25 pounds and at that point, not a bit of fatness.

When he was older, it was more fat than muscle.

This is a not so good quality picture of me holding Sisko. Not sure if you can see his true size, but consider I'm 6 foot long myself.

For me, he was the original "damn good cat".
Ar-Pharazon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2013, 02:45 AM   #1121
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

A couple funny cat vidz

Old July 28 2013, 03:24 AM   #1122
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
I once worked in a store that had a "shop cat". We got him when he was around 6 months old.

He was freakishly long, had huge paws & flaps of skin from his legs to his body (think flying squirrel). Boy did he grow into all that. In his prime he was 25 pounds and at that point, not a bit of fatness.

When he was older, it was more fat than muscle.

This is a not so good quality picture of me holding Sisko. Not sure if you can see his true size, but consider I'm 6 foot long myself.

For me, he was the original "damn good cat".
What a beautiful cat! He reminds me a bit of the cat that I re-homed in California.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2013, 03:46 AM   #1123
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

The vet thought he was mostly Egyptian Tiger, what with the belly spots you can't see in the photo.

He originally came from a cat colony that lived in the main Abbott location. Someone we knew found him in the parking lot there one day.

He had a lot of seemingly wild behavioral patterns. When he really wanted to play, he did this thing where he arched his back and ran at us sideways, sometimes just on his back feet.

This is Sisko & my girl Maya. This was about 2004 & I had Maya at the shop for a while after her "fixin'", he was 10 & she was 1. Now Maya is 10 and not much bigger than she was at 1.

Old July 29 2013, 10:18 PM   #1124
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Here's Junior, placing his giant fuzzy butt in front of my keyboard. The yellow light makes him look a bit brown.

Here he is, in the sunlight:

There is a collar under all that fur, somewhere.
It's very hard to get him centered in a photo. As soon as he sees a camera, he starts moving and turning away.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2013, 10:42 PM   #1125
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

^ So furry!

Davros wrote: View Post
OMG, I love it! When I took part in civil disobedience, I was a bit more cooperative.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote